Home

Dreams can come true!

Posted By: Deerkiller

Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 04:25 AM

Well it’s been a long long time sent I been on here. With work and kids I have not had much time for my self in a long long time. Last February my wife and I moved from south Mississippi to Montana a life long dream of mine. I was busy the year with moving and setting up our homestead so I didn’t get to trap any. But is going to be on next year! Here a pic looking over our home back to the beartooth Mt.

What size trap do I need for wolf??? Wife and I have been seeing a few behind our house.

Attached picture 25B84978-D4A4-4B5F-AA94-133D4EE0DC78.jpeg
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 04:32 AM

Congrats man looks like a beautiful place. Sorry but I have no info for wolf trals
Posted By: Marty

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 04:32 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 04:34 AM

Born raised in Chicago I can relate to that feeling see my tag line. Happy for you and yours.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 05:17 AM

MB750 Wolfer version...are the most affordable for a Well built strong trap.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Deerkiller
Well it’s been a long long time sent I been on here. With work and kids I have not had much time for my self in a long long time. Last February my wife and I moved from south Mississippi to Montana a life long dream of mine. I was busy the year with moving and setting up our homestead so I didn’t get to trap any. But is going to be on next year! Here a pic looking over our home back to the beartooth Mt.

What size trap do I need for wolf??? Wife and I have been seeing a few behind our house.

You will miss the chiggers and humidity and will want to be back in Mississippi before next trapping season. Lol
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 05:46 AM

Great pic
Congratulations
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 05:52 AM

Beautiful place. The country is similar to the Yukon in some ways. Spend some money and get yourself some #9 wolf traps. You wont regret it.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 06:09 AM

Beautiful and congratulations on your dream coming true. Sounds like you busted your hump for it.
I don’t know the “best” wolf trap but we get pretty heavy wolves in this country and I can assure you an MB650 cast and Jake traps will certainly hold them and will not be overkill for good heavy haired coyotes.

Osky
Posted By: waggler

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 06:13 AM

LTD (living the dream), I love to see when folks follow through on their dreams.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 09:38 AM

looks great , smile
Posted By: Griz Trapper

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 10:57 AM

Welcome to Big Sky Country! The MB 750 wolfer will be the smallest trap you'd ever want to try with. Good luck!
Griz

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 12:44 PM

Not a chance! The only thing I miss is fishing the Mississippi River for big catfish. Will and the food!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by grisseldog
Great pic
Congratulations

Yes Congrats, Jealous
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 12:48 PM

Awesome view.Congrats on your move.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 12:48 PM

That is awesome, congrats

And good luck on wolf trapping
Posted By: snowy

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 01:15 PM

Great story and I wish you well. Are you close to the Stillwater River?

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 01:18 PM

Right across the road from the Stillwater.

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 01:26 PM

Got lots of friends I spend time with in that area. Great place to live and glad you made the move.

Two of the family's have the Stillwater run through their land. Beautiful country!!

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 01:32 PM

Our place is between Nye and Beehive.
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 01:40 PM

Curious if you found work first or moved to a place first. I never had the balls to move the family west, but I love it out there.

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 01:51 PM

I have always worked in oilfield overseas sent 1999. All I need is to be able to get to airport ever few months. So I have the same job just fly out from different airport.

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fishdog One
Curious if you found work first or moved to a place first. I never had the balls to move the family west, but I love it out there.

Love it out there also.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 02:32 PM

Look great! Congratulations
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 04:31 PM

Wow! Beautiful country! Good for you!
Posted By: Finster

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 04:37 PM

Congrats! That place looks AWESOME! If my parents were not in poor health and I didn't own to much crap to move, I might have just moved in a few miles down the street. Best of luck with the new place.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 07:00 PM

Great part of the state, Deerkiller. I had friends in the Columbus area for a bit. Have fished the Stillwater. There are all manner of eatable big game in that section. Congrats on making the jump. Did it myself once (Idaho), but the Bride hated it. We're still married, so you see what choice I made!

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
Great part of the state, Deerkiller. I had friends in the Columbus area for a bit. Have fished the Stillwater. There are all manner of eatable big game in that section. Congrats on making the jump. Did it myself once (Idaho), but the Bride hated it. We're still married, so you see what choice I made!

Yep I know.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 07:16 PM

A dream goal realized ! MT , a different world than the south. You can always find a way to order catfish !

Beartooth mtns are amazing ranges. You may have already gone up Beartooth Pass...an experience never forgotten .

I too am from the deep south and don't miss it.

Enjoy life....it's been worth every mile.

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 07:34 PM

Picket Pen is my favorite. The trail head is about 4 miles from our house.

[Linked Image]

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 07:50 PM

Gorgeous country .

I love to get as high up as possible, choose a place to sit, and just listen to the silence and study the dimensions of the mountains. It always amazes me that such vast sweeping ranges and U valleys are so quiet. Mountains marching as far as the eye can see.

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 07:50 PM

^ you have the right outfit to get there (4x4 only). The trail is tough going and rough country to get to the top.

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 08:11 PM

We have horses too. I love to ride them to Cooke City. It’s 26 mile trail that starts right down the road.

This is my horse Newman.

[Linked Image]

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/19/21 08:16 PM

Right down my alley !

At first I thought Newman is a laced blanket appy, but upon closer inspection, he seems to be a chestnut paint .

That's what is so fun about riding here, in Idaho too. Right down the streets in any town and everyone loves it. Cooke City is as horse friendly as can be ! 26 miles one way, a good stretch of the foot.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/20/21 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
MB750 Wolfer version...are the most affordable for a Well built strong trap.

X2

Re: Dreams can come true! - 01/20/21 07:37 AM

Awesome country.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums