Didn't hurt, guys, honest!

Jim
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:33 AM

Prayers sent.

Charlie
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:41 AM

Former Asst. Sec. of HUD says Bill G might have some "material" in that vaccine!
Posted By: iowayote

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:50 AM

Got mine on Saturday. Didnt feel a thing. Sunday morning it feels like 20yr old Mike Tyson punched me in the arm.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:55 AM

Can I have ur traps?
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:58 AM

James, I hope the Covid vaccine gives you immunity. It will likely be months before I am eligible for the Covid vaccine. Ohio is vaccinating people over 80 right now, along with health care workers and a few others. Ohio will start vaccinating people over 70 in February. It's going to take a long time to vaccinate all those wanting to be vaccinated.

Keith
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:12 AM

I just heard on the local news that here in Oregon agitators will get the vaccine before senior citizens do.

.........or was that educators?
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

So does the medal come with it or is there a ceremony later on?

"For conspicuous gallantry above and beyond..."

Mike
Posted By: James

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by iowayote
Got mine on Saturday. Didnt feel a thing. Sunday morning it feels like 20yr old Mike Tyson punched me in the arm.

Yeah, the doctor who injected me warned that the body's immune reaction to the vaccine might make the arm sore.

Jim
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 10:17 AM

How were you able to get it so early?
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 10:25 AM

On purpose?
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 10:39 AM

"Queen"....Another one bites the dust. grin
Posted By: beeman

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 12:31 PM

Do you mind telling me what classification you are and what county you are in?

Here in NW Iowa my father in law in assisted living has not even got a tentative date to get his shot. I only know of one nursing facility in our county that has received the vaccine for their patients.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 12:39 PM

Well then...

A test subject
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 12:43 PM

Pelosi is proud of you
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 12:46 PM

Ya’ll old farts can have mine.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:07 PM

Saw on Fox this morning that the Moderna made vaccine is killing people and they put a halt on using it. Doesn't Doctor Fauci own part of that company? What you gonna do when it comes time for your follow up shot and they don't have enough vaccine to give people their first shot?
Posted By: Posco

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:09 PM

Heroic effort. Bask in the glory.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Pelosi is proud of you

She gave him a kiss and told him Thanks

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Pelosi is proud of you

Probably more then that whistle

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:28 PM

whistle

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:29 PM

You guys keep it up you're going to get him aroused again.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:29 PM

Think they have a movie about that.Called Sleeping with the enemy.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

Pelosi did that

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:33 PM

Pelosi did that

I know but he was just calming down.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:37 PM

Posco, he just bides his time
Posted By: corky

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:38 PM

You are in good hands:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-transgender-woman-assistant-health-secretary-nominee
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:42 PM

I went to get the vaccine they said I wasn't worth saving. I told them they gave it to James and they said it must have been a mistake.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:44 PM

Posco, he just bides his time

Lol. He's probably running a cold shower right now.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 01:45 PM

Rachel, formerly known as Ralph, is sure to please his base.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

In Alaska age 65 and up is number 1 on the eligibility list.
Posted By: iowayote

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 04:08 PM

i was classified as 1A in Pottawattamie county. Im a dental hygienist.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 04:20 PM

i was classified as 1A in Pottawattamie county. Im a dental hygienist.

The thought of a DH in someone's mouth after they just got done handling lure just cracked me up laugh
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 04:36 PM

I just can't believe what I am reading here. A fellow trapper gets the vaccine ,informs you how it went---and you treat him like dung.
Stop acting like anyone who gets the vaccine is the enemy. James made his choice,and you get to make yours.
Tom
Posted By: JackD

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 04:46 PM

Why any "intelligent" person would allow an unknown substance to be injected into their bloodstream baffles me. Trusting people that make their living off of sick people don't make much sense either.

Making people more healthy is a conflict of interest.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 04:55 PM

Sounds to me that Wisconsin is behind with the vaccines. A buddy told me his 86 year old Mother, who lives in her home, will have to wait until early Summer to get the vaccine. Governor Crypt Keeper is hard at work again.

Moosetrot
Posted By: charles

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 05:04 PM

Got the Phizer shot last week. Had a slight headache for one hour. Piece of cake. Wife is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

Good friend once said, “don’t plan to die from the cheap stuff.” He meant easily preventable diseases. Good advice.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 05:15 PM

James, It's the second shot where you'll grow your tail. It depends on the time between shots as to whether you get the curly pig tail or the waggily dog tail. I even heard talk of people coming down with corgi tails.

I still have to talk to my liver doctor as to whether I should get it or not.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
I just can't believe what I am reading here. A fellow trapper gets the vaccine ,informs you how it went---and you treat him like dung.
Stop acting like anyone who gets the vaccine is the enemy. James made his choice,and you get to make yours.
Tom

Yeah, just how some folks operate Tom. But, I'd put a lot of money on that if you or Paul had been the OP of the thread many responses would have been a bit different. Thankfully, I think James doesn't take it personally and knows folks enjoy verbally tenderizing him!

Glad to hear it went well James. At least you are thinking for yourself and not simply following the lead and advice of all your seemingly hater fans on here! :-D. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 05:36 PM

I think most people think of Jim as a lawyer, not a fellow trapper. That is how I think of him.

P.S. He's retired from both. I don't believe he was ever much of a trapper, but you never know.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 05:39 PM

Maybe someone can enlighten me. Why are so many people against the vaccine? I do not want to be forced to do it, but I grew up in an era where vaccines were not only accepted but welcomed. When I was in grade school They lined us up and gave us all these vaccines, and no one seemed to question it. Heck just about all of us knew someone who was crippled and living in a twisted body because of polio. We didn't want that. Mumps, measles, all these other dangerous things are basically GONE because of vaccines. Know anyone who has polio? Why the resistance to vaccines?

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 05:48 PM

Dirt, Just because James may or may not have been--much of a trapper,he doesn't deserve to be treated the way he has been on this post.
My guess would be there are several on here--that aren't or never were--much of a trapper. But if they are supportive of trapping,they are one of us.
Tom
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Maybe someone can enlighten me. Why are so many people against the vaccine? I do not want to be forced to do it, but I grew up in an era where vaccines were not only accepted but welcomed. When I was in grade school They lined us up and gave us all these vaccines, and no one seemed to question it. Heck just about all of us knew someone who was crippled and living in a twisted body because of polio. We didn't want that. Mumps, measles, all these other dangerous things are basically GONE because of vaccines. Know anyone who has polio? Why the resistance to vaccines?

Some, if not most vaccines are perfectly safe and have saved lots of peoples lives over the years; but if you blindly believe science these days you havent been paying attention. My youngest daughter is a paramedic and a trapper. She just got the Moderna vaccine 10-minutes ago. Her choice, her husband wont take it, his choice.

The problem many of us have is how quickly it was developed. Science and medicine have been wrong many times, and sometimes they just outright lie. Follow the money...This video sheds some light on why some might have questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSWI6ebdUfQ&feature=share

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 05:52 PM

Yes knew ones with Polio. The reason for resistance is the out going president. Just like Hydroxycloroquin Trump said it works and it was almost outlawed! Now here in Fairbanks it’s saving lives! I know of one who died because of the fear of using it but his infected wife was saved because of HDQ.

Just like my Doctor told me when you mix politics with medicine he had no comment. It’s sad has many have died and could have been saved with KNOWN SAFE medicines!

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:02 PM

Not at all against vaccines...

Virtue signalling however is loathsome and tiring.

Anyone remember the 6.5 Creedmoor thread... How do you know a guy shot a buck with his 6.5 Creedmoor?

Just wait 20 seconds, he'll tell you.

Mike
Posted By: J Staton

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:08 PM

Some of y'all MN folks sure are sensitive. They are just busting James chops.
Heck I made a post on this early this morning and it has been removed. I only asked if he thanked DJT for getting the vaccine out so quick. Sure I was busting his chops a bit because he's no fan but the truth is the POTUS and his team did get out the vaccine in record time.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by bleeohio
Can I have ur traps?

That would be sweet. They're probably just like new.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:18 PM

Dirt, Just because James may or may not have been--much of a trapper,he doesn't deserve to be treated the way he has been on this post.
My guess would be there are several on here--that aren't or never were--much of a trapper. But if they are supportive of trapping,they are one of us.
Tom

To be fair, he does go out of his way, every chance he gets, to be obstinate and make people hate him.
Posted By: james dymond

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:21 PM

I always got the shot (doctor told me to) for the flu. Always got sick in the winter, last time bad had to go to emergency.
Been three years now no flu shot no sickness of any kind.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:27 PM

James,funny how some things are.Wife and I have gotten the flu shot the last several years and never contracted the flu.
Shortage of covid vaccine in Mn.so don't know when it will be available to us.After nursing homes and health care workers ,we should be next in line.
Tom

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:27 PM

One way to avoid the vaccine is get immunity by having the virus! My wife was told in 90 days she could get the vaccine. I have heard that immunity is anywhere 90 days to 2 years.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:29 PM

James knew what was coming when he posted

Too many red flags with this covid thing for me to to get vaccine
Posted By: Cibarius

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Tom

To be fair, he does go out of his way, every chance he gets, to be obstinate and make people hate him.

Yes, James is the definition of internet troll.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 06:46 PM

I don't know James, but do know he's been here for a long time, longer then a lot of folks here. All I can say is he must have some thick skin to put up with all the "love" he gets..on EVERY post, cool

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by gcs
I don't know James, but do know he's been here for a long time, longer then a lot of folks here. All I can say is he must have some thick skin to put up with all the "love" he gets..on EVERY post, cool

Then stop supporting the evil empire and gun control.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW
Tom

Yeah, just how some folks operate Tom. But, I'd put a lot of money on that if you or Paul had been the OP of the thread many responses would have been a bit different. Thankfully, I think James doesn't take it personally and knows folks enjoy verbally tenderizing him!

Glad to hear it went well James. At least you are thinking for yourself and not simply following the lead and advice of all your seemingly hater fans on here! :-D. Happy trapping! ScottW

Mike hit it on the head. Virtue signaling is unbecoming.
Posted By: Malukchuk

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:24 PM

Had my second shot last week. Arm was a little sore, next day i had a fever for a few hours that was it. Wife had her second shot yesterday, so far she has a light fever but doing good.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by james dymond
I always got the shot (doctor told me to) for the flu. Always got sick in the winter, last time bad had to go to emergency.

Same. I got the flu shot once maybe 5-6 years ago. Flu dam near killed me that year. No shots no flu before that, no shots no flu since that year.
Wash your hands, don’t grab public door handles, don’t stick your tongue where it don’t belong. (Flag poles)

I read an article a few weeks ago that said historically Americans given the choice just over 30% will not.

Osky
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:26 PM

Mine is supposed to be tomorrow at 9:45 am. It got moved up from the 28th. I am happy to get it. It was a triumph of science.
Posted By: James

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:26 PM

Over 65.

Jim
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by james dymond

Sounds like my wife. She always got the flu shot and got the flu almost every year. Three years ago, she stopped getting the shot and hasn't had the flu since. Me? I've never had a flu shot and have never had the flu that I remember. About 20 years or so ago, I think I caught a cold.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 07:39 PM

Over 65.

Jim

"Operation Warp Speed, the Trump administration’s vaccine initiative, has treated the nation’s tribes as sovereign governments and set aside special shipments for them, just as it’s designated doses for the Department of Defense, Veterans Health Administration and Bureau of Prisons."

Explains a pattern I have noticed.

"While many elderly residents of Anchorage and the Mat-Su endure frustrating waits for vaccine appointments, tribal providers are now expanding the availability of doses beyond senior citizens."

"In Southwest Alaska, anyone 16 or older who lives in a village is now eligible for a shot through the regional tribal health organization, Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corp. And in Anchorage, the tribally-run Southcentral Foundation is offering doses to “customer-owners” 18 and older."
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

Don't trust our government , especially after tomorrow .
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 10:23 PM

Jim

Glad to hear you received the vaccine, I get my second shot on the 12th of February.

Stay safe Jim.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 10:49 PM

GG,maybe your mom should wash out your mouth. And I for one am not going to let a 15 year old tell me what is right for me and my family.
It may be you are ------ by trying to avoid the word filter.
Tom
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 10:49 PM

laugh
Posted By: aknome

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 11:17 PM

Body count over 400,000 today according to John Hopkins University. CDC count on Jan. 17 was 394,495.
Some perspective: Arlington, Texas 399.585. Tampa, Florida 402,168. Minneapolis, MN 434,309.
Not sure why so many have now rejected science and vaccines. It's not like a bunch of scientists were sitting on their hands waiting for "Operation Warp Speed" orders. The building blocks of the vaccines have been years in the making.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by JackD
Why any "intelligent" person would allow an unknown substance to be injected into their bloodstream baffles me. Trusting people that make their living off of sick people don't make much sense either.

The manufacturers know exactly what's in their vaccines. It's not an unknown substance. Vaccines are made to very high standards.

Pharmaceutical companies and medical professionals make their living helping sick people, not hurting them.

Keith
Posted By: That Fool

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 11:36 PM

got my first shot end of December, so far just one fingernail mutated, lol

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/19/21 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by aknome
Body count over 400,000 today according to John Hopkins University. CDC count on Jan. 17 was 394,495.
Some perspective: Arlington, Texas 399.585. Tampa, Florida 402,168. Minneapolis, MN 434,309.
Not sure why so many have now rejected science and vaccines. It's not like a bunch of scientists were sitting on their hands waiting for "Operation Warp Speed" orders. The building blocks of the vaccines have been years in the making.

It's not like they took the time to properly find a cure instead of rushing things.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC

The manufacturers know exactly what's in their vaccines. It's not an unknown substance. Vaccines are made to very high standards.

Pharmaceutical companies and medical professionals make their living helping sick people, not hurting them.

Keith

Chemie Grunenthal knew exactly what was in Thalidomide too... Too bad they didn't understand the long term effects. And that's only one example of the pharmaceutical track record.

Is the Covid vaccine safe? Probably. But some people have doubts about it. I think any sane rational person would be cautious about something that was put on the market this quick.

Mike
Posted By: Deer Lane

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 12:28 AM

I get my second shot next week on Tuesday. The hospital I work for sent out a memo saying this.

It is expected that you may experience a stronger reaction to the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine. The second dose is when your immune Symptoms really kick into gear. The fact that you experience symptoms does not mean you have Covid, it indicates that you have an affective immune response. This is known as the boosting phenomenon, and it builds an even greater ability to deal with cOVID-19. Here is how it works.

When you get the first dose, your body learns to make antibodies with fight COVID-19. When you get the second vaccine you already have antibodies ready to go, so that shot begins doing what it is designed to do, use your bodies own immune response to fight the invader the more symptomatic immune response accounts for the stronger reaction and that tells you the vaccine is working.

Some people will not have any reaction or very little immune reaction. This is also normal and does not mean your vaccine is not working. Everyone’s body is different but your immune response is still building.

Common immune response includes:
Fever
Chills
Tiredness
Headaches
Posted By: martyd

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 12:45 AM

Neigbor got his shot Friday. Been hanging upside down like a bat since. Was a little better today he said. MD
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 12:50 AM

Common immune response includes:
Fever
Chills
Tiredness
Headaches

That sounds just dandy!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 12:53 AM

Pelosi is proud of you

No she said good morning this is Sunday morning!!!!!!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 12:57 AM

Correction: It's name was Richard Levine b4 2002!!!
Posted By: charles

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 01:06 AM

There must be 50 reasons here not to seek medical advice on Trapperman.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by charles
There must be 50 reasons here not to seek medical advice on Trapperman.

I just hope you don't give birth to a flipper baby. wink
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 01:10 AM

Keith

Yeah right Kieth. That's why drug companies remove their product from shelves when they find something wrong with it, but only after they made their millions or billions off it.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 01:13 AM

Keith

Really !! ??
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 03:05 AM

I’m scheduled to get my first dose on Thursday.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254

Keith

Really !! ??

Those few, mostly old examples are statistically meaningless when you look at the many billions of good interactions people have with medical personnel.

Keith
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 03:50 AM

News reported 40% of frontline workers won't take it, wonder why that is.
Posted By: JackD

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 04:09 AM

https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...6a216d679cff275296345a6e&oe=602BB9B9
Posted By: Catpincher

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 04:32 AM

From an old vaccine sales rep, not all are created equal. It took me years to figure out the good ones that gave effective immune response they are the ones I sold the other ones I took orders on new, duds and trouble makers. No thanks I will wait a year see a couple hundred million vaccine survivors then choose the most effective with the least side effects. I will take my chances with Ivomec it is cheep and has been around forever the mid 1960s only if I get sick. I would be willing to take a antibody test to see if I would even need to take a vaccine to do the job my own immune system might have already done before taking a vaccine that is not properly tested and the manufactures have legal immunity from damage done if that happens.

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

Correction: It's name was Richard Levine b4 2002!!!

So Ralph was a dick? I stand corrected.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 05:36 AM

My wife is on generic Plaquenil which is a form of HCQ. If she was to get the shot, they want her to be off of it for at least a week and then she can't resume plaquenil for at least a week after. Hmmmm...wonder why, can't give a person a low dose of the virus to start forming immunity if she's still on a form of HCQ. Just shows how - up this "politicized medicine" has been from the beginning. Known a friend of ours in her mid-50s and my wife's niece that both had pretty good rounds of covid in late summer, not hospitalized but pretty miserable for a week or two. Both are in health care so they took the vaccine and both were miserable again for a day or so. Sounds like the same effects but lighter. So, they're just getting a person sick with a lighter virus load and letting the body build up its respond to it. Nothing much new tech. The new tech was how to tell the body to respond to this "natural" virus. That's why it took longer. I'll take my 98.5% chances of living if I get "positive" (South Dakota numbers of deaths/positives--I have been cranking that metric for 9 months every week), among other reasons...

Re: Got the vaccine - 01/20/21 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
News reported 40% of frontline workers won't take it, wonder why that is.

They're waiting to see side effects. And they've had Covid already and don't see the immediate need.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums