Home

Teaching an old dog new tricks.

Posted By: Finster

Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 08:50 PM

Well, my shop and garage both have a floor! I got most of my little projects out of the way since they were cluttering up the place. I literally spent the better part of a week cleaning up, organizing and getting things in order. I'm trying to retrain myself to clean up and put everything away at the end of the day and the end of a project. I used to finish a project and go right into the next one figuring I would "clean that up later". Seldom if ever happened that way, who knew? wink Anyway, I'm finding it difficult to stop everything and clean up or clean up as I go. Is there a support group for this? grin
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 08:53 PM

Nope just clean grin
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 09:05 PM

Its alright, you were born that way and even with flurries of cleaning and promising yourself to change, you will walk into the shop in a couple months and trip over the last three projects. The real sickness is those that spend more time cleaning their shop than using it. But, to each his own.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 09:18 PM

I'm good at cleaning up projects that are done; it's the incomplete ones that get me. Like when I have to wait for parts, so I leave that one sitting and start on something else. The parts come in a week later but I'm busy on the 2nd or 4th project so I wait to come back to it. Then some priority projects come up and take over... so my garage is full of projects waiting for me to come back to them.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 10:41 PM

I think Hern. Is in charge of the support group, his shop is spotless.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 10:44 PM

Why clean, it will just get messy from the next project.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 11:42 PM

I need to explode my garage out into my carport, so I can clean and organize it, but first I need to explode my carport into the paved part of my driveway, so I can clean and organize it, but first I need to explode the paved part of my driveway into the unpaved part of my driveway, so I can clean and organize it.

Keith
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 11:55 PM

I started stretching Cats the other day, couldn’t believe what I had to move around to get to the “fur handling area”
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/21/21 11:59 PM

spent most of two weeks clearing out both my shops. Filled a 10 yd dumpster full. Couldn't tell I had done a thing. I could fill another dumpster yet and still not be done. Probably close to 1000 lbs of metal waiting for some scrapper to come and get.

Good side is, I found tools I had forgotten I owned. Most of those I have two of now. Some even 3.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/22/21 12:01 AM

Isn't that the way your supposed to do it????

Garry-
Posted By: Finster

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/22/21 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by il.trapper
spent most of two weeks clearing out both my shops. Filled a 10 yd dumpster full. Couldn't tell I had done a thing. I could fill another dumpster yet and still not be done. Probably close to 1000 lbs of metal waiting for some scrapper to come and get.

Good side is, I found tools I had forgotten I owned. Most of those I have two of now. Some even 3.

Yea, I tossed a bunch of stuff that has been laying around for years. Things that I was sure I would find a use for. It's sitting at the top of the drive. Garbage pickup is Friday. I figure I'll need something from that pile Saturday.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/22/21 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Why clean, it will just get messy from the next project.

grin

I built a rolling bench that I keep clean.... its my only flat spot! grin
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Teaching an old dog new tricks. - 01/22/21 05:15 AM

I would cleanup but I can’t afford the Bull Dozier
© 2024 Trapperman Forums