Home

Shocking new gun bills, Texas

Posted By: yukon254

Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/21/21 09:58 PM

Long live Texas. hopefully more states will follow suit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6TRRnkAHE4
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/21/21 10:02 PM

Wow awesome
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/21/21 10:04 PM

Good

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/21/21 10:08 PM

Worse comes to worse might have to move there.

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/21/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

Not a bad idea right there.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/21/21 10:22 PM

Don't think it will play out that way.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/21/21 10:33 PM

God blessed Texas with Geg Abbott & Ken Paxton as well as John Cornyn and my senator Ted Cruz.

If DC doesn't straighten up we will elect the first 2 as Present and Vice and the other 2 can be foreign diplomats.

Long live Texas and yall yanks can keep Sheila Jackson Lee- no charge!
cool
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/21/21 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
God blessed Texas with Geg Abbott & Ken Paxton as well as John Cornyn and my senator Ted Cruz.

If DC doesn't straighten up we will elect the first 2 as Present and Vice and the other 2 can be foreign diplomats.

cool

Has that Sheila Jackson lady ever had her head examined? Or is there some water tests in order for her district?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 12:28 AM

ttt
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 12:35 AM

great state of Texas, leading the way back to freedom.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 12:58 AM

God bless Texas!!!!
Posted By: jtg

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 01:00 AM

Houston and Austin has been turning liberal for several years now.

Long live Texas and yall yanks can keep Sheila Jackson Lee- no charge! [/font] cool[/quote]
Has that Sheila Jackson lady ever had her head examined? Or is there some water tests in order for her district?[/quote]
Posted By: white17

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 01:05 AM

Exercise in futility. Even if the bills become law they would not have any affect on federal enforcement.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 01:13 AM

Good for Texas
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 01:23 AM

I see pro and con view on the bill, but at least the State of TX. is trying to do something. Can you say that for your State?

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 01:57 AM

Getting there I was chatting with a couple guys last night. I guess there are 10 other states that might follow Texas.

Fingers crossed
Posted By: countrygun

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:02 AM

I agree with you white17. The proposed action is a tax on firearms and accessories, the bill addresses this in no way. The fed collects it's own taxes independent of the state, the bill has no teeth.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
I see pro and con view on the bill, but at least the State of TX. is trying to do something. Can you say that for your State?

Our state is --- but since it is a liberal one, it is the wrong things. I am keeping my eyes out for a list of the"free states" as I can see I will probably have to move in my near future.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:06 AM

I wish the federal government followed the constitution and this wouldn't be needed.

The one benefit I see is the PR. If the democrats pass more anti-civil rights laws concerning guns, there will be states that will make a public show of standing up. That will make politicians hesitant to pass bad laws because they are primarily concerned about how they look to voters.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I wish the federal government followed the constitution and this wouldn't be needed.

The one benefit I see is the PR. If the democrats pass more anti-civil rights laws concerning guns, there will be states that will make a public show of standing up. That will make politicians hesitant to pass bad laws because they are primarily concerned about how they look to voters.

I'm pretty sure that your state and mine no longer care about appearances.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:42 AM

... I didn’t click the link... but was there any legislation in there that mandates trinity county give back my revolver and 22 mag lever action ? .. oh yeah.. and the tooled leather holster lol

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:43 AM

I sure hope you are right !
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by white17
Exercise in futility. Even if the bills become law they would not have any affect on federal enforcement.

States have set presedence overriding federal law already. How about all of the states that have legalized recreational drugs. Still against federal statute, but no enforcement. What's good for the goose....

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:49 AM

... the voter demographics have changed... reconstruction worked ... all you’re seeing now is a few last death quivers

.. thanks yanks
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
... I didn’t click the link... but was there any legislation in there that mandates trinity county give back my revolver and 22 mag lever action ? .. oh yeah.. and the tooled leather holster lol

I spose you wasnt doin anything wrong wuz ya now!?
Wrong place, wrong time is all. wink grin

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by furstroker
Originally Posted by Savell

I spose you wasnt doin anything wrong wuz ya now!?
Wrong place, wrong time is all. wink grin

.... and the wrong place always seems to be a town... they aught to do away with those dang things lol
Posted By: countrygun

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck

States have set presedence overriding federal law already. How about all of the states that have legalized recreational drugs. Still against federal statute, but no enforcement. What's good for the goose....

Absolutely, look at how people in other countries combat corrupt government. Mexico has autonomous zones where they have cut themselves off from Federal authority.
Posted By: otterdog

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 03:32 AM

I wish more conservatives would. Seems like Liberals by the 1000’s are pouring in here. And bringing their liberal ideology with them

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by countrygun
Originally Posted by trapperkeck

Absolutely, look at how people in other countries combat corrupt government. Mexico has autonomous zones where they have cut themselves off from Federal authority.

Supremacy clause negates state actions

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by otterdog

I wish more conservatives would. Seems like Liberals by the 1000’s are pouring in here. And bringing their liberal ideology with them

.. dang yankee , non-native, invasive species otterdog ... need a year round season with no bag limit lol
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 04:25 AM

Would work just like the marijuana law
Feds say you can’t do it
State passes law in which they can

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 04:51 AM

I couldn't get thru to Greg so I called Ken an told him we should except Texas from any new arms, ammo, or ordinance tax. He told me I was a great Texan grin
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 05:29 AM

Wouldn't the Bailey v. Drexel Furniture Co. decision somehow apply to the punitive tax they're threatening to impose on firearms/ammo?

Just spitballing here?

Mike
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by grisseldog
Would work just like the marijuana law
Feds say you can’t do it
State passes law in which they can

Yep or like sanctuary cities for illegals. Two can play that game
Posted By: Marty

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 05:38 AM

they plan to make the whole country a sanctuary for illegals and then legalize them all so they can vote in 2022.

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 06:15 AM

No need they will just count their votes between 2 and 3 am

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 07:19 AM

At least I would have other liked minded people around me then liberal arses Like those in southern Maine.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by otterdog

Yea, Arkansas is becoming a popular destination for refugees of the left coast. I reckon y'all are soon to get a ton of southerners coming in shortly. Wonder if Hondurans wear fur?
Posted By: Squash

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 11:22 AM

Instead of thanking the “Yanks”, maybe you Texans should thank Houston and the rest of the Texans that wanted statehood ? To bad Texas didn’t stay independent, then maybe I would move there ?
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Originally Posted by Leftlane

cool

Has that Sheila Jackson lady ever had her head examined? Or is there some water tests in order for her district?

I often wonder if Sheila Jackson and Maxine Waters were separated at birth.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 03:38 PM

I'll disagree, Ken. Fed enforcement often needs the help of state, local enforcement. Job get difficult when no one is available to help. If Alaska adopted this, how many fed folks are available to do the job?

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 03:42 PM

I agree Mike that de facto, it might be harder to enforce but de jure, you are still legally liable for a federal felony.

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 03:44 PM

I agree Mike that de facto, it might be harder to enforce but de jure, you are still legally liable for a federal felony.

Similar to the pot laws in California that were never enforced by the feds for decades.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 05:15 PM

I wish Cuomo had consulted with you prior to New York passing a bill making New York a sanctuary state. Personally I support anything that will attempt to stop the federal government from violating constitutional rights, even if they're a long shot.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper

I'll disagree, Ken. Fed enforcement often needs the help of state, local enforcement. Job get difficult when no one is available to help. If Alaska adopted this, how many fed folks are available to do the job?

Visiting family but when I get back I'm going to contact my representatives to pass a similar law.

Re: Shocking new gun bills, Texas - 01/22/21 08:18 PM

Hint, if Texas is successful of accusing the fed of denying us our 2A how long do you think it would take before Abbot and Paxton accuse them of denyin us a fair vote?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums