Home

MASKED Trappers!

Posted By: Pete in Frbks

MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:14 PM

I suppose its not a big deal in "small flat states" where most trapping takes place on private land. But up North here, thanks to President Biden's new executive order, we now all have to wear masks on our traplines on federal lands. Even if you are out 50 miles from a town or village!

I for one would love to see the "science and data" that shows that this is helpful, much less a terrific idea.

And while I am finding things to wish for...... I'd love to see some federal official try and enforce this!

Pete

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:16 PM

You can't fix stupid.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:20 PM

And if you don’t what will they do then? I imagine the WPAs here are covered by that also I doubt anything will be enforced here unless that guy is out there. LOL
Posted By: Boco

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:25 PM

Nice beanie.

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Nice beanie.

Thanks. At the current marten prices...... there are gonna be a LOT more hats for sale!

P
Posted By: NorthenTrapper

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:32 PM

We have to technically wear them ice fishing on Lake Superior because it is considered federal land I'd like to see fish and game enforce that.
Posted By: white17

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:49 PM

A US passport is federal property and must be surrendered on demand. I wonder if passport photos will now require masks ?? shocked
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:52 PM

Virtually the entire Mississippi River up here is Federal, as well as lands round it controlled by the Corps of Engineers. Ice fishermen and trappers better be on the lookout for black helicopters.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Bob

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 04:58 PM

We have had a statewide mask mandate for a while now. When I was at the bobcat sealing yesterday at the department of wildlife headquarters I didn’t wear a mask and I had a conversation with the game warden. He was wearing a mask, but he never said a word about me not wearing one. Unless they send federal officers to enforce mask mandates nobody here is going to get cited. Most of our law enforcement officers have some common sense, they’re not going to cite a guy for something as silly as a mask.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
We have had a statewide mask mandate for a while now. When I was at the bobcat sealing yesterday at the department of wildlife headquarters I didn’t wear a mask and I had a conversation with the game warden. He was wearing a mask, but he never said a word about me not wearing one. Unless they send federal officers to enforce mask mandates nobody here is going to get cited. Most of our law enforcement officers have some common sense, they’re not going to cite a guy for something as silly as a mask.

Oh contraire, the feds will need to send a few folks out to enforce it. Someone has to be made an example of to instil the fear of the federal gods.
Posted By: Boco

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 09:31 PM

I have wore facemasks on the trapline for years,long before covid.
Much more comfortable wearing a facemask at 30 below on a snowmachine.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I have wore facemasks on the trapline for years,long before covid.
Much more comfortable wearing a facemask at 30 below on a snowmachine.

SHEEP! grin
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 09:34 PM

[Linked Image]

Yer face is perfect for a mask mister.

Just sayin
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 09:38 PM

SMDH!!
Posted By: USMCArty

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 10:23 PM

,Any govt that tries to tell me what to do in the woods is tyrannical, and I ain't doing that nonsense. Good luck to ya. That violates any concept of freedom. Any govvie employee that attempts to enforce that should disappear like a prohi agent back in the day.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 10:37 PM

[Linked Image]

The Biden family at the Lincoln Memorial. Didn’t take long for them to flaunt the law.
Posted By: corky

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/22/21 10:39 PM

I wonder how many deaths from auto, snowmobile and ATV accidents are caused by fogged up glasses from the stupid masks. Are they covid fatalities?

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/23/21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
[Linked Image]

Yer face is perfect for a mask mister.

Just sayin

LOL! There IS that. I should think of it as performing a public service.....!

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/23/21 05:06 PM

When a guy with a beard wears a mask...... it looks a lot like a 1970's ladies underwear ad!

Pete

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/23/21 05:22 PM

?????/ I don't remember underwear in the 1970's

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/23/21 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by white17

laugh

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/23/21 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pete in Frbks
Originally Posted by white17

laugh

But that WAS in CA so I guess your results might vary
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: MASKED Trappers! - 01/23/21 05:59 PM

I havent seen the exact wording of this brilliant new order, but I’m thinking I would slap a mask over my knee or elbow, if they were really going to try to enforce it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums