Home

RIP Hank Aaron

Posted By: Nittany Lion

RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:07 PM

Baseball great Hank Aaron has passed. It seems like a lot of baseball greats have died of late. Hank Aaron was a true gentleman and one of the best baseball players ever.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:10 PM

RIP
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:11 PM

just read this elsewhere

Wow, another icon gone
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Baseball great Hank Aaron has passed. It seems like a lot of baseball greats have died of late. Hank Aaron was a true gentleman and one of the best baseball players ever.

Absolutely, agree with you 100%. RIP
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:13 PM

His baseball playing days were a little before my time but I've seen some great highlights. My condolences to his friends and family.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:18 PM

Great Baseball player! R.I.P.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:19 PM

RIP
Posted By: Finster

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:23 PM

I didn't even know he was still alive? RIP.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:36 PM

I remember when he passed Babe Ruth on the home run totals,was really a great time in baseball.
peace be with you,Hammerin Hank. Baseball owes you a lot.
Tom
Posted By: corky

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:51 PM

RIP
Posted By: teepee2

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 05:59 PM

Remarkable ball player. over 700 HRs at playing weight of 180lbs.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 06:14 PM

I remember the night he broke The Babes home run record.We were Detroit Tigers fans,never had anything to do with the National league.Well their game was televised that night and dad had it on.I remember watching and thinking "what's the chance he's going to break the record tonight?" Aaron came up to bat and there it went.I couldn't believe I just saw what I saw.RIP Hank
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 06:17 PM

I've got a cassette tape somewhere that I recorded his record breaking homer on from the tv or radio when I was a kid. I believe it was 1974.
Posted By: duckbird61

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 06:45 PM

Saw him play at County Stadium against Cubs in late 1950s. I believe both he and Ernie Banks hit home runs. It was first game I ever attended, took me 30 years to so the next one!
Posted By: wisconsinteacher

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 06:47 PM

My grandpa got his autograph on a program years ago. As a kid I loved looking at all the names on the cover. About 10 years before he passed he gave it to me. My uncles are still mad about it. I need to put in a protective frame and hang it up one of these day.
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
I remember the night he broke The Babes home run record.We were Detroit Tigers fans,never had anything to do with the National league.Well their game was televised that night and dad had it on.I remember watching and thinking "what's the chance he's going to break the record tonight?" Aaron came up to bat and there it went.I couldn't believe I just saw what I saw.RIP Hank

Ditto. I was in high school and we were making posters for student elections . . . well, the girls were. Us guys were watching the game. I remember how the room erupted when the ball left the yard.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 07:30 PM

he was great before there were steriods
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

He wasnt with Clint Eastwood?
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 08:13 PM

I wonder if anyone noticed he got the covid vaccine 2 weeks ago. I don't know his medical history to know if it could or could not have been a factor - something to think about. Yes a great man will be missed.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
Remarkable ball player. over 700 HRs at playing weight of 180lbs.

Yes and the bats ,balls, and PLAYERS were not juiced back then !!!
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/22/21 09:33 PM

Great ballplayer. RIP Hammerin' Hank
Posted By: Nelly

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/23/21 12:10 AM

I got to see him hit a home run as a kid. It was when he played for the Brewers at the end of his career.
My stepsons father in law and I both were born on February 5th.
He is a baseball nut so I make it a point to wish him happy Hank Aaron's birthday every year.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/23/21 12:47 AM

R.I.P.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/23/21 01:04 AM

Saw him once in Milwaukee against the Giants. he was 2 for 3 with a walk and no homers. I also got to see him live in Eau Claire WI when he played in the minors for the Eau Claire team. Good business person, donator and person besides being an outstanding BB player and he took a lot of crap in stride because he had greater things yet to do.

Bryce
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: RIP Hank Aaron - 01/23/21 01:08 AM

Rest In Peace...Hammering Hank !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums