Home

Facebook

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Facebook - 01/24/21 05:40 PM

Who quit using it? Who didn't? I've never used it
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 05:42 PM

Never used it...Always viewed it as low I.Q. unless it was for business purposes.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 05:42 PM

Never on it
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 05:43 PM

Gave it up months ago.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 05:44 PM

Never had it, never wanted it.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 05:44 PM

There's some good stuff there. Trappers and hunting groups and such. Just have to wade through the junk.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 05:52 PM

What is this Facebook you speak of, lol. Never used it it always seemed like a place for women or people looking for high-school crushes after a divorce and sometimes before a divorce.
Posted By: SE.Current

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 05:53 PM

I used it for years after MySpace. I enjoyed social media as a teenager in the late 2000s but I was never able to post pictures of my lifestyle while hunting, trapping or even fishing without death threats or scrutiny.
So I quit posting 5 years ago and mainly stuck around for the sale pages.
Finally deleted it two months ago and Haven’t looked back.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 08:32 PM

i used it a lot as I know folks all over the place and it was a good way to keep in touch. But I banned Zuckerberg from my social media in January and deleted the account.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:00 PM

I post trapping and fishing and hunting stuff on Facebook regularly. Never had any death threats that I can remember. Now instagram, yeah, there's lots of crazy antis, but they are all talk.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
There's some good stuff there. Trappers and hunting groups and such. Just have to wade through the junk.

Agreed. I started when the founder of the band started a page. I had to join to view what he was posting. We got our own website and didn’t need it any longer but had reconnected with some hunting and trapping friends. It spiraled out of control with the politics and ads. Leaving there has done wonders for my health.
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:10 PM

Never used it. Eric
Posted By: Bob

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:15 PM

I am on it. It’s extremely useful for the groups that are on it. I belong to gardening groups, trapping groups, gold prospecting, fishing, rock hounding and several classified ads groups. I find deals on all kinds of things I need, get info from a lot of good sources in the groups. Anyone who posts anything political gets immediately unfriended, so that I can scroll through and only see tips and tricks for my hobbies and all the neat tractors, vehicles, etc. for sale
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:22 PM

I have been censored for a post. I’m in the process of saying goodbye to friends. Cannot continue on a platform that censors free speech while at the same time afforded the protection of Section 230 that was originally intended for the very purpose of protecting free speech on these same media platforms
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Who quit using it? Who didn't? I've never used it

Never started.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:35 PM

I have never belonged to facebook, should do it for my business.
But guess I'm not that hungry lol
Lot's of people getting off of it now I hear, so must be bad.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:37 PM

I’m on Facebook. I don’t post anything except in the Marketplace. I like it because it is an easy way for me to keep track of friends, relatives and folks I casually know. Everybody (except my Tman friends and enemies) are in one spot and easy to communicate with.

I use it as a tool and don’t get all wrapped up in the politics behind the scene.
Posted By: badger

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:44 PM

Never had it
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
I am on it. It’s extremely useful for the groups that are on it. I belong to gardening groups, trapping groups, gold prospecting, fishing, rock hounding and several classified ads groups. I find deals on all kinds of things I need, get info from a lot of good sources in the groups. Anyone who posts anything political gets immediately unfriended, so that I can scroll through and only see tips and tricks for my hobbies and all the neat tractors, vehicles, etc. for sale

X2

I don't unfriend the friends who make political posts though, I just hide them so I don't have to see their posts.

Mostly only family and close friends.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
I’m on Facebook. I don’t post anything except in the Marketplace. I like it because it is an easy way for me to keep track of friends, relatives and folks I casually know. Everybody (except my Tman friends and enemies) are in one spot and easy to communicate with.

I use it as a tool and don’t get all wrapped up in the politics behind the scene.

This^^^^

Marketplace for Local buying and selling
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 10:19 PM

Haven't been on for a month, haven't posted in probably 4 or 5 months.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 10:22 PM

Im on it just to post about politic's.
Posted By: rags57078

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 10:34 PM

I'm on it , posting junk , keeping up with friends and classmates , lots of hunting , fishing , trapping groups
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 10:38 PM

You're supporting big tech. The very people who are bringing you down.
Posted By: Nd_guy

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 10:39 PM

Been on it for over a decade, I enjoy keeping up with extended family and friends.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 10:42 PM

I deleted mine. Friends and family all have phones, email and addresses I can send letters to. Worked for decades before facebook, it'll work again.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 10:44 PM

I dumped it a couple months ago.
Posted By: Corya Kyle

Re: Facebook - 01/24/21 11:20 PM

I deleted mine about 2 weeks ago. Like others said there are some really good groups and information on there but not enough for me to support the communist Democrats that run it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums