Home

yellowstone hotel alternative sites

Posted By: SNIPERBBB

yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 02:54 AM

Parents are going out there for their 40th anniversary...due to covid, everyone else has the same idea apparently lodging is hard to locate nearby Anyone local or been there have some suggestions on odd ball sites to look? They're heading out there this summer
Posted By: white17

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:12 AM

Try VRBO .... AirBNB is not gun friendly
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:33 AM

Airbnb isn't officially gun friendly, but I've stayed in an Airbnb this summer that had a marlin lever action hanging on the wall as a decoration. It just depends on the host. I always travel with a gun, and always bring it into the airbnb. As long as you don't make a deal about it it shouldn't be a problem.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by white17
Try VRBO .... AirBNB is not gun friendly

I don’t know what they, or you are talking about.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:39 AM

Rent a RV sleep easy
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:47 AM

Good luck in Yellowstone or within 60 miles of the border expensive and hard to get are they staying awhile or just a few days passing through?

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:56 AM

Think they're staying a week
Posted By: Deerkiller

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Parents are going out there for their 40th anniversary...due to covid, everyone else has the same idea apparently lodging is hard to locate nearby Anyone local or been there have some suggestions on odd ball sites to look? They're heading out there this summer

Where are they wanting to come in to Yellowstone from. West, east, north east, north or South Gate?

I like Cody it’s a cool little town about 2 1/2 hours from where I live. You can go in to the east gate from there also you can loop around throw Larmar valley throw Cooke City. Cooke city is a very cool place to stay too.

I would not stay in in the same place more than a night.
Posted By: Netman

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:58 AM

What is the small town just outside the park going through the north entrance? Might check there. The north entrance is the most scenic route and just absolutely magnificent to see.

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 04:17 AM

I'm assuming they'll try from either south or east.

Isn't Cody where JayZ is now?

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
I'm assuming they'll try from either south or east.

Isn't Cody where JayZ is now?

Cody is the east gate. From Cody you can drive north to the Beartooth pass to the north east gate. There is a lot of hotels and lodging in Cody.
Posted By: EdP

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 01:08 PM

We stayed in Dubois along I26 a few years ago. Lots of hotels. Easy access to the Teton Nat Park and Yellowstone w/o the ridiculous high prices of the area near Jackson.
Posted By: helslb

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 01:19 PM

Check out Apple Jack Ranch in Codey. Nice little cabins, very reasonable! Every morning they have coffee around the camp fire and homemade scones.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 01:21 PM

Red Lodge Montana is where I ended up staying once. Anything in or near Jellystone has to be reserved at least a year in advance. Even a campsite on pavement with 500 campsites.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 01:25 PM

I got reasonable rates in Pinedale, WY
Posted By: Paul D. Heppner

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 01:27 PM

My son and I stayed at Hillcrest Cottages in Gardiner which is almost within sight of the North Gate. Clean, quiet, and I felt reasonably priced. Granted it was 25 years ago and Gardiner has undoubtedly grown but I would definitely stay there again. The cottage we stayed in was small but more than sufficient for two. I have comfortably stayed in hunting camps of the same size.

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 01:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be passing them on
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 02:03 PM

The gate way towns going into Yellowstone NP are Red Lodge in the North East with Cooke City along the way into the park , Livingston to the North , West Yellowstone obviously on the West side and Cody Wyoming to the South .

If they chose to travel to Red Lodge and go over Beartooth Pass there's a lot of switchbacks to deal with but it's known as the most scenic route in America or so all the travel shows will tell you .
Some folks don't do well driving on switchbacks it can be interesting if you meet or fallow someone driving a motorhome or pulling a large camp trailer .

During the 4th of July are what's called the Gate Way rodeos in Red Lodge, Livingston and Cody Wyoming this is also known as Cowboy Christmas with many of the best rodeo contestants in the world trying to win a lot of money in a short period of time in hopes of making the national finals rodeo .
The Dayton Cain highway is also a pass near Ranchester to Powell Wyoming that's quite a sight to see .

Since they will be in the neighborhood Glacier NP is relatively close and well worth seeing , the Going to the son road is a must see as well the downside for some are the switchbacks on these routes .
I hope this helps .
Allan

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 02:14 PM

My dad has driven the Road to Hana so switchbacks aren't a problem

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 02:50 PM

Beartooth Pass last summer!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 03:51 PM

I'm just making you aware of what type of roads they are , some folks I've over heard when I've taken friends and family to places like that are surprised and in some cases scared by them which can happen if your not aware beforehand..

I hope they have a great time !
Allan
Posted By: Gun Nut

Re: yellowstone hotel alternative sites - 01/25/21 06:03 PM

My family did the Yellowstone trip 2 years ago. Had a great time in Cody (by east entrance). The Cody museum is better that fantastic. The firearms wing was just remolded (several million dollars) and well worth the trip by itself. A family could spend a day there real easy. I would also highly recommend staying in the Irma Hotel. It's almost like staying in a living museum. Very, very cool to sleep in the same rooms and eat and drink in the same bar as many famous western icons. The oldwest street performance is laughable at best, but who cares it is free. They have a rodeo every night. Good food wasn't hard to find. Consider yourself warned, everything inside the park is double to triple the cost it would be any ware else.

Gun Nut
© 2024 Trapperman Forums