Home

Wedding this summer

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:01 AM

Wife's friend is a big far left liberal. Her wedding was canceled this last summer for obvious reasons. So it's now this summer unless cancelled again. I told my wife I ain't going.....but, am I wrong? Do I go just for the free meal and drinks, or stick to my guns and say no way, I'm staying home.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:09 AM

Tough call. No easy answer but going against your wife's wishes is a losing proposition.

Chris
Posted By: corky

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:23 AM

Go just to irritate people.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper
Tough call. No easy answer but going against your wife's wishes is a losing proposition.

Chris

She doesn't care if I don't go. My wife has to go as she's a brides maid. This is her friends 2nd wedding. Me and the kids were going to go eat and leave early was the original plan.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by corky

I might wear a red Trump tie.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

Yes
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:33 AM

You should go to please your wife. Not going because the lady is far left is weak.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:35 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:36 AM

They have a red version..
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
You should go to please your wife. Not going because the lady is far left is weak.

Going with your wife is the proper thing to do. Your wife is in the wedding party, so she must be a close friend of the bride.

Everything in life can’t be about politics.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:38 AM

My wife doesn't care if I go or not.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss

Going with your wife is the proper thing to do. Your wife is in the wedding party, so she must be a close friend of the bride.

Everything in life can’t be about politics.

Correct, but you should see the crazy stuff she posts on Facebook. Like not being friends with a Republican but not in such a polite way. She's the type that is full of hate.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:42 AM

Whether your wife cares or not, it is still a nice move on your part.

Maybe she is saying she doesn’t care, so you won’t feel you have to go.

I think you should go and keep your mouth shut, except when eating all the food you are going to eat.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:44 AM

Maybe she is just saying that because she knows you don't want to go.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:46 AM

You're going for your wife. To make her happy. Not anyone else.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:48 AM

Listen to Wissmiss, she got it exactly right. Go, keep you wife company and keep your opinions to yourself.
Posted By: ~ADC~

My wife doesn't care if I go or not.

You ain't been married real long have ya?
Posted By: coyote44

Weddings are OK as long as it isn't mine. I wouldn't go and make myself miserable.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by coyote44
Weddings are OK as long as it isn't mine. I wouldn't go and make myself miserable.

You obviously aren’t married!!! It is a good thing you aren’t, you are saving the women of the world from being miserable and unhappy.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Lol!

Go to the wedding with your wife and show her a good time.

Also, what Wissmiss and ADC said.
Posted By: CoonsBane

MAGA Hat and take out your frustrations on the open bar.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:55 AM

I's perfectly reasonable and rationale to be civil to people you disagree with on politics. You get that right?

And nobody cares about what clip on tie you wear smile

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I's perfectly reasonable and rationale to be civil to people you disagree with on politics. You get that right?

If his wife is anything like mine, she will care. It needs to compliment her dress.

Duh! And clip-on’s are not permitted.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:04 AM

You don’t go to these functions for you or them, you go for your wife and her alone. To you, she’s the prettiest woman there and the bride made a huge mistake by asking her because all you see is her. If she’s going you’re there by her side...and to keep all the other guys at bay. Trust me, I’ve been to quite a few functions where I’d have rather sat at home and pulled my fingernails out with pliers, but my wife was going and I’m her MAN.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:15 AM

When my wife ask me to do something that I don’t want to do or have no interest in I remind myself that she puts up with me and my hobbies and ask for very little in return. It’s a privilege and an honor to spend time with her. Change your perspective on how you look at it.

IMO
B
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:22 AM

Go and pound the crap our of the open bar.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:26 AM

Go but wear a Trump shirt.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Go and pound the crap our of the open bar.

This is most likely what will happen.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:28 AM

You ain't been married real long have ya? [/quote]

15 years

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:33 AM

You ain't been married real long have ya?

15 years [/quote]

Nice! Me too!

Just go to the dang wedding.

All else fails, you can make comments about fishing, hunting and trapping and maybe bring a few over, if not, at least you tried.

Hope you go and have a good time, milk the open bar by drinking scotch and flirt with your wife all night. That is what I’d do.
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:35 AM

Are you sure you don't have to work that day?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:36 AM

go make the wife happy.
strike up some conversations , use some well researched logic

oh and get the bride something fur for the wedding gift , well if it is something you bring gifts to.

I have all sorts of friends , funny the guy with no less than 5 biden sings in his front yard was asking me how he can get an AR-15 he is an old cop from NYC his wife is the biden nut.

if you never go any were or present the other side logically all they ever hear is "Yeah for our side". present some logical arguments and make them scratch their head is better than them just thinking there is no other side that isn't wearing sheets and carrying the stars and bars.

especially first amendment violations they are often easy to find and they often walk right into the trap.

you never know there may well be there and find someone with a beaver issue or a coon infestation and pick up some ground to trap and maybe even hunt.

5 biden signs has a pond my son can go fish whenever. We don't talk about candidates but he has some good cop stories and I help him with gun questions , after 20 years of no gun he bought a 9mm and is thinking about an AR.

maybe they can stop being useful idiots for a little while and be useful to you.

maybe invite the groom out to shoot , if she is hard core and he comes home after buying a pistol , rifle or shotgun , hey you might shake things up.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
go make the wife happy.
strike up some conversations , use some well researched logic

oh and get the bride something fur for the wedding gift , well if it is something you bring gifts to.

I have all sorts of friends , funny the guy with no less than 5 biden sings in his front yard was asking me how he can get an AR-15 he is an old cop from NYC his wife is the biden nut.

if you never go any were or present the other side logically all they ever hear is "Yeah for our side". present some logical arguments and make them scratch their head is better than them just thinking there is no other side that isn't wearing sheets and carrying the stars and bars.

especially first amendment violations they are often easy to find and they often walk right into the trap.

you never know there may well be there and find someone with a beaver issue or a coon infestation and pick up some ground to trap and maybe even hunt.

5 biden signs has a pond my son can go fish whenever. We don't talk about candidates but he has some good cop stories and I help him with gun questions , after 20 years of no gun he bought a 9mm and is thinking about an AR.

maybe they can stop being useful idiots for a little while and be useful to you.

maybe invite the groom out to shoot , if she is hard core and he comes home after buying a pistol , rifle or shotgun , hey you might shake things up.

All good points
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by Blaine County

If his wife is anything like mine, she will care. It needs to compliment her dress.

Duh! And clip-on’s are not permitted.

a tie is just a noose No ties , last time I wore a tie was my Brothers wedding 10 years ago
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by JTfromWV
Are you sure you don't have to work that day?

grin

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:42 AM

I wore a tie a few weeks ago for a meeting, will wear one in a few weeks for job interviews on WebEx.

I like a tie sometimes, then I’ll put on a pair of coveralls and check traps after.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 02:45 AM

Go for your wife , show her that no matter what she is the most important thing in the world to you. And when you say good bye just till the bride you'll see her the next time too!
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 03:45 AM

Dress up as a Tranny, act like a victim all day, then act all smarter than every one else, you should be the center of attraction.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
You don't go to these functions for you or them, you go for your wife and her alone..

Exactly, cuz you 2 are a team, and sometimes ya must "take one for the team".........it's a man thing....and men should not be too proud to take care of their woman....just like when she asks you to pick up "feminine products" on the way thru town.

Posted By: Pike River

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper

Chris

She doesn't care if I don't go. My wife has to go as she's a brides maid. This is her friends 2nd wedding. Me and the kids were going to go eat and leave early was the original plan.

Sounds like a good plan. Be there to support your wife. Do what comes naturally for trappers.... Sit there, smile and look pretty.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 01:30 PM

Go. You're not there to support anyone's politics, you're there to support and witness a couple making vows to each other and God. Some things are more important than politics. With marriage treated so lightly.today, new couples need all the support they can get in starting a marriage, especially if it's a second marriage. Second marriages have an even higher divorce rate than first marriages. I say go, leave your politics at the door, wish them well, and leave it at that.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 02:11 PM

Diarrhea has worked for me in the past...just throwing that out there
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 02:12 PM

X2
Posted By: River Birch

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 03:32 PM

Cavens "Gusto"
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 05:45 PM

You are free and over 21, do as you please. Your wife does not care one way or the other. She is in the wedding party so you will not be with her. JMO
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Wedding this summer - 01/27/21 07:49 PM

I wouldn't go. Nothing good can come from surrounding yourself with liberals and adding booze.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums