Home

Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered

Posted By: Massac

Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:46 AM

https://wreg.com/news/hunter-witnessed-reelfoot-lake-murders-official-says/

This happened Monday morning. The two blinds were fairly close together and what Ive heard the most of that set it off, was that the young guys had shot and killed a duck that was working the old man's decoys and took a wide swing towards their blind.

The full story isn't known yet and hopefully it'll come to light. The old man is still at large, he fled the blind where he shot the two in his boat and never went back to the ramp for his truck and trailer. I'm hoping he didn't shoot himself or dorwn and that he is caught so that justice can be delivered. This is a man who doesn't deserve the easy way out. It's crazy what people will do in the heat of the moment, especially over a dang duck.

Duck hunting has been going down the drain recently IMO, all it is anymore is a competition. It used to be all I lived for, it's just left a bad taste in my mouth the last several years on the mentality of duck hunters in this day and age.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:51 AM

Wow
Posted By: SJA

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Wow

WOW and double WOW!!!

mad
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:59 AM

Unreal
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:06 AM

Sad!

Chris
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:17 AM

Wonder they didn't shoot back the article says there were 3 in the blind.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 05:22 AM

Hard to shoot back with your head missing.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

He said investigators are getting more information from a third hunter, who was in the same blind as the two victims.
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 07:16 AM

I'd wait for more facts to come out before convicting the old man. Something seems a bit fishy with the only available witness .
Posted By: bass10

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 07:26 AM

What seems fishy? One luckily made it out alive. If the old man has nothing to hide why is he hiding?
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 07:48 AM

I figure he's probably at the bottom of the lake. Killed and dumped by the third guy. Time will tell.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 07:59 AM

I believe that he is also at the bottom of the lake. He never returned for his truck and trailer, and the only other means of transport he had available was a boat whose location has officially yet to be reported. I'm sure all blinds have been checked for him possibly hiding out.

The most important part of this all is that two families and an untold number of friends are now without 2 young men, and another family I'm sure is grieving just as much to find out that their lived one is a suspect in commiting this act. Please remember them in your prayers in the coming days.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler
I figure he's probably at the bottom of the lake. Killed and dumped by the third guy. Time will tell.

^^^^ this
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 08:45 AM

When I think I have heard it all, then a Tragic Story like this comes out. Very Sad deal.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 09:14 AM

Duck just ain't that good.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 09:38 AM

This is just down the road from me...Hope law enforcement gets it sorted out fast.

The locals are concerned and worried, no telling how this all turns out.
Posted By: Remington700

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by drasselt

He said investigators are getting more information from a third hunter, who was in the same blind as the two victims.

He was shot as well. Just survived. I live close by.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 12:14 PM

Tragic- hunted there a lot when I was a kid with a local guide named Hub, some real turf wars back then about blind placement.
I hope everything gets resolved.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Massac
https://wreg.com/news/hunter-witnessed-reelfoot-lake-murders-official-says/

This happened Monday morning. The two blinds were fairly close together and what Ive heard the most of that set it off, was that the young guys had shot and killed a duck that was working the old man's decoys and took a wide swing towards their blind.

The full story isn't known yet and hopefully it'll come to light. The old man is still at large, he fled the blind where he shot the two in his boat and never went back to the ramp for his truck and trailer. I'm hoping he didn't shoot himself or dorwn and that he is caught so that justice can be delivered. This is a man who doesn't deserve the easy way out. It's crazy what people will do in the heat of the moment, especially over a dang duck.

Duck hunting has been going down the drain recently IMO, all it is anymore is a competition. It used to be all I lived for, it's just left a bad taste in my mouth the last several years on the mentality of duck hunters in this day and age.

More of a mental health issue then a duck hunting issue.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 12:35 PM

Prayers for the families.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 12:36 PM

Over a dang duck?

Article says truck and boat located but no suspect

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 01:31 PM

Yeah, I saw on the news this morning where the boat is now recovered. So I'd almost bet he's on the bottom of that lake.

That's one thing that really gets to me, is someone commiting a heinous act and wind up dead before justice is delivered. I'm the same age as both of the young men that were killed, so much life they had yet to live and now it's gone. I hope that man is somehow found and has to answer for what he did. He'll have to answer to God, but I feel like he should answer here on Earth as well.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 02:22 PM

I've read quite a bit about hunting at Reelfoot. Sounds like there's an extreme amount of douchey behavior.

I'm not an old-timer just yet, but I'm guessing this guy was fed up with the changes he's seen in the sport since he started. Of course, you can't shoot guys just because they may, or may not be, jackwagons.

Sad all the way around...

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:04 PM

I live in the area and have hunted Reelfoot before. Since I am close by I have talked to several that know the situation personally. Here are some of the things I have heard. They were hunting in blinds close to each other. The old man was working the birds and they swung wide and the 3 young guys shot at the birds. The old man got mad and went over and pulled in the boat house and knocked on the door. When they opened it he shot the first two dead and wounded the third. After that I have heard so many varying stories that who knows what is true. It is a sad situation and who knows what has happened up to this point, etc. We will probably know the whole truth since it seems like the old man is probably dead along with 2 of the 3 others.
Prayers for all involved.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:15 PM

Remington, that's pretty much what I've heard up to this point. I just can't believe that he was set on doing what he did from the moment he left his blind all the way to their blind. This just absolutely blows my mind.
Posted By: nramemb

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pirogue
Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler

^^^^ this

Double this
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:21 PM

Well the first crazy thing that happened there was a brave stole a princess from another tribe and the ground opened up and swallowed the camp. At least it seems to make more sense to pull a curse on ones head for stealing a pretty girl, than a stupid crazy notion to kill someone over a dead duck!

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:24 PM

Some people are stressed out nowadays-all it takes is a little thing to make them snap.
Same as the mass shooters.
You can see how easy people lose their cool on here sometimes.
People need more alone bush time to unwind.Unfortunately some people dont have that option.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:24 PM

Yeah, I saw on the news this morning where the boat is now recovered. So I'd almost bet he's on the bottom of that lake.

That's one thing that really gets to me, is someone commiting a heinous act and wind up dead before justice is delivered. I'm the same age as both of the young men that were killed, so much life they had yet to live and now it's gone. I hope that man is somehow found and has to answer for what he did. He'll have to answer to God, but I feel like he should answer here on Earth as well.

Youv done convicted the old man buy what one person is saying could be the "whitness" is lying??????
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by nramemb

Youv done convicted the old man buy what one person is saying could be the "whitness" is lying??????

Exactly . wheres the old man.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:33 PM

Opinion matters more than proof now days.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:33 PM

I'd wait for more facts to come out before convicting the old man. Something seems a bit fishy with the only available witness .

I agree. How did the witness avoid not getting shot, just the other two did? If the old man left the scene, why didn't he take his truck?
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 03:43 PM

It has always amazed me how many people make a comment on here without reading the whole story.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Golf ball
It has always amazed me how many people make a comment on here without reading the whole story.

Aint nobody got time fo dat.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:01 PM

Says 3rd hunter was wounded but took gun from old man and then went for help.

Hmmm

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:34 PM

Wounded, but still was able to take the gun from the old man? Couldn't have been wounded too bad to be able to do that.
Not saying the third man is guilty of anything, but it does seem rather fishy. If they find the old man dead nearby and the third man has the old man's gun...How did he die?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:39 PM

Some people are stressed out nowadays-all it takes is a little thing to make them snap.
People need more alone bush time to unwind.Unfortunately some people dont have that option.

Right? They call someone "gay boy" and get themselves banned. Sound familiar?
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:40 PM

20 yrs ago same scenario played out on Sauk Lake in MN. It was a young family and an old man next door. A property line. Deputy was there in late morning. Thought everyone was happy and ok. No such luck. The old man sat in his garage with a gun. Picked the young family off one by one as they came to render aid to each other. Then the old man shot himself. Not that uncommon. Just inability to control ones temper Sad. Just sad
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Wounded, but still was able to take the gun from the old man? Couldn't have been wounded too bad to be able to do that.

Adrenalin can make people do incredible things at times.
Posted By: BigWally

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 04:46 PM

Could be he came to his senses and realized what he had done, walked into the water over his head and let his waders fill up.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 05:05 PM

Unless you’re wearing canvas or rubber waders neoprene won’t sink. Disproved that myth many many times, lol.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by 20scout

Adrenalin can make people do incredible things at times.

True. But, a shotgun blast at close range would be pretty devastating.
Finding the old man should bring together more of the pieces to prove what actually happened.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by BigWally
Could be he came to his senses and realized what he had done, walked into the water over his head and let his waders fill up.

Basically nobody wears waders on Reelfoot. No reason to cause the water and mud are WAYYYY too deep to wade. Next speculation ?

P

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 07:59 PM

No more solid news out yet?
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

X1000!

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 09:25 PM

Right? They call someone "gay boy" and get themselves banned. Sound familiar?

Pointing out someones sexual preference is not losing your cool,lol.
Hit a nerve?-Are you one.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Only thing I have heard is they have called off the man search for right now. I believe they think he is dead in the lake. Could take weeks for the body to float up if so.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Remington700

Only thing I have heard is they have called off the man search for right now. I believe they think he is dead in the lake. Could take weeks for the body to float up if so.

Any info on why they believed he fled on foot? Was his boat pulled up on shore?
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 09:57 PM

Not saying the third man is guilty of anything, but it does seem rather fishy. If they find the old man dead nearby and the third man has the old man's gun...How did he die?

Colonel Mustard, in the kitchen, with the candlestick.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/27/21 10:31 PM

Duck hunting duel to the death.
And now they can't find a body.

Never thought duck tasted that good.

Has anybody checked the whereabouts
of the Canadian Manitoba Cannibal ? shocked

w

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 12:35 AM

https://www.wbbjtv.com/2021/01/27/new-details-emerge-in-reelfoot-lake-double-homicide-investigation/

Latest information.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 01:33 AM

It it just me or does every new version seem less believable than the previous one? This version reported to be from the only known survivor.

Where was the suspects boat found?

They apparently have not found the gun that was knocked in waist deep lake water. Makes no sense at all.

Where is the 2nd gun that is attributed to the missing suspect?

What was the nature of the survivors injuries?

More questions than answers being reported and most of it seems pretty far fetched.

Unless the suspect is found alive, I am not sure we will ever get anywhere close to the truth about what happened.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 01:53 AM

Why would he shoot once with his own gun and then grab someone else's gun for a second shot? He'd of had at least 3 shells in his own plugged gun
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 01:54 AM

I find it odd that the DA or whatever the title of the prosecutor is would release that kind of detail for a case that still has the potential to go to a jury.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 01:57 AM

Why would he shoot once with his own gun and then grab someone else's gun for a second shot? He'd of had at least 3 shells in his own plugged gun

I was wondering the same thing. Something is not adding up.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 01:58 AM

Lesson learned
Don’t shoot ducks someone else is calling.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by 8117 Steve R

I was wondering the same thing. Something is not adding up.

Way more to the Story
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by grisseldog
Lesson learned

Sorry, it’s a sad situation for sure but the post above made me laugh.
Posted By: cattails

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:36 AM

The article says the survivor charged the man, took his gun, hit him with the gun, knocked him out of the boat. He's got more self determination than i have. If someone just shot my 2 hunting buddies.....I'm not going to get in a wrestling match with him

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by cattails

The article says the survivor charged the man, took his gun, hit him with the gun, knocked him out of the boat. He's got more self determination than i have. If someone just shot my 2 hunting buddies.....I'm not going to get in a wrestling match with him

Yeah and survivors next story says he tossed gun in lake after knocking old guy out with it. Yet the authorities found old guys gun in his boat when it was located. Doesn't add up.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:49 AM

I’d say the survivor shot the two guys in the blind and the old man as he came to help. I’m not going to wrestle a guy who just shot two of my buddies. I’m going to return a load of buckshot.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck
I’d say the survivor shot the two guys in the blind and the old man as he came to help. I’m not going to wrestle a guy who just shot two of my buddies. I’m going to return a load of buckshot.

Hmmmmm...could be
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:57 AM

Unless the old man told everyone to unload their weapons and being young they did as they were told. Then when the old man gave the wounded guy an opportunity he took it and got the heck outa dodge.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Unless the old man told everyone to unload their weapons and being young they did as they were told. Then when the old man gave the wounded guy an opportunity he took it and got the heck outa dodge.

Could he of used the game warden trick and told them he was division of wildlife and to unload like you mentioned and then started shooting. Good point there.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 04:04 AM

Maybe old guy came over, survivor and old man got into it . Survivor shoots old man and his 2 buddies( wanting to go into law enforcement they said) were not down for it and get shot by survivor. Dump the body, make up story and head to shore with two dead friends.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 06:24 AM

Chai Vang all over again.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dirty D

That was my first thought too.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D

I went to school with one of those victims.
Posted By: slowpoke

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:05 PM

Very tragic, but things don't line up ....
Witness is not telling whole story ..

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by slowpoke
Very tragic, but things don't line up ....
Witness is not telling whole story ..

This I believe
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 02:57 PM

And here everyone was thinking the antler hunters are the crazy ones!

Unbelievable, especially the second story. Nothing adds up. Terrible for all involved.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by fishnhunts
And here everyone was thinking the antler hunters are the crazy ones!

they are google Chai Vang

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 03:48 PM

This second version doesn't mention the survivor getting shot, or did I miss that? In the first version he was wounded, but was still able to attack the old guy. There's got to be more to the story.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 03:54 PM

You all act like you'll get an accurate story from a news outlet. They will print whatever they feel is a good story. I'm surprised they weren't all shot with AR 15's by someone in a Trump hat.
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 04:21 PM

A couple buddys of mine just got back from a trip to Reelfoot where they leased a duck blind. They had fun but said man the duck hunters up there are on a whole different level than your average joe duck hunters. He said they were over there hunting and having a good time shooting then later on they said their guide got a call from a hunter in the next blind down from them raising cain about them shooting at ducks he claims were too high in the air! My buddy said Ill admit we did shoot a couple of times at ducks that were a little too high but to call and cuss their guide out about it??? If that is what duck hunting is all about ill stick to deer.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 05:55 PM

Sky busting is not ok. Rookie move at best.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 05:55 PM

It is a different breed of people up there , there is always a lot of fights at the ramps and a few blinds always gets Torched each year .
Posted By: cattails

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
You all act like you'll get an accurate story from a news outlet. They will print whatever they feel is a good story. I'm surprised they weren't all shot with AR 15's by someone in a Trump hat.

No, but give it a little time and the T Man crowd will figure it out

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 10:58 PM

give me a break someone pays good money to hunt dont you tell me what i can and cant shoot at
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:14 PM

x2
Posted By: southerntrapper

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:24 PM

Skybusting usually results in nobody killing ducks...and you dont shoot a mans swing. To bad about the young men hated to hear it figure they'll be removing some if not all the blinds.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:29 PM

Aren’t you supposed to set up where the ducks swing out in range? Don’t even need decoys or a call that way.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:36 PM

give me a break someone pays good money to hunt dont you tell me what i can and cant shoot at

Hey, I'm testing New loads!...What!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:37 PM

Dont need any of that stuff NE Wildlife. When you see them on a farm pond just approach on the dam side. Sneak up over the top and when they take off shoot a few
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:39 PM

P.S. never had anybody shoot at me for doing that either. Or even get mad.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Dont need any of that stuff NE Wildlife. When you see them on a farm pond just approach on the dam side. Sneak up over the top and when they take off shoot a few

Why you waiting on them to take off? laugh

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by 8117 Steve R
First shot gets two on the water.

I saw The Burger Brothers do that
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/28/21 11:58 PM

Here is a link to the story.

https://www.wbbjtv.com/2021/01/27/new-details-emerge-in-reelfoot-lake-double-homicide-investigation/
Posted By: MnJag

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by bankrunner

Maybe old guy came over, survivor and old man got into it . Survivor shoots old man and his 2 buddies( wanting to go into law enforcement they said) were not down for it and get shot by survivor. Dump the body, make up story and head to shore with two dead friends.

This was my thinking too.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Why you waiting on them to take off? laugh

That’s what I was wondering!
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 12:45 AM

True. But, a shotgun blast at close range would be pretty devastating.
Finding the old man should bring together more of the pieces to prove what actually happened.

If he just caught a few stray pellets from the first two being shot he would be wounded but still in a position to fight. A shot column is still pretty compact at the ranges we're talking about in this situation.

Mike

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 04:13 AM

Sloppy poor form Bud, money's got nothing to do with it.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 04:19 AM

At least there are some hunters out there with ethics.

...and many that dont have any!!!

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 04:58 AM

[Sloppy poor form Bud, money's got nothing to do with it.

Yes money does have to do with it they go to have a good time not be told what to shoot at by some busybody know it all

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 05:02 AM

Sounds like the idiot guide is as dumb as they are nramem

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 10:16 AM

Yes money does have to do with it they go to have a good time not be told what to shoot at by some busybody know it all

You'd last about 2 hours on most duck areas before somebody stomped a mudhole in ya with that attitude.

P

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/29/21 11:28 AM

After the newest news on this story, I'm starting to think that this 3rd guy in the blind is definitely hiding something. He may in fact turn out to be the perpetrator is what I'm starting to think.
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/30/21 12:32 AM

Massac, that is kinda what I am thinking also. His story keeps changing and it doesn't add up. Real easy to say what happened when there is no one else to say other wise. I trap many places that border the Reelfoot national wildlife refuge, and just from the stories I have been told have zero desire to ever hunt on that lake.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 03:36 AM

https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/ne...ktA6nxdPG24MbrQ9gb6XEhnKfATJHa07bZtRjyhI

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 03:36 AM

Body has now been found.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 03:37 AM

https://fb.watch/3lRdgSk2xC/

More on the whole thing.
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 09:30 AM

now that you said it , looks like front page news from the washington post.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 09:48 AM

So you're the kind of person who thinks spending money gives you the right to be a prick huh...

You'd better keep your money the heck out of Alaska then. Hunt with your attitude and any guide will be dropping your entitled butt back at the airport.

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 01:38 PM

Now we're fighting in a duck hunting murder thread. Bahaha......Why not wait and report back after someone knows what happened after the investigation.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 02:13 PM

Very sad.

Honestly surprised there aren’t more problems on public waters over ducks

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 02:44 PM

You'd last about 2 hours on most duck areas before somebody stomped a mudhole in ya with that attitude.

P

And attitude like that is what makes news stories like this, over a duck you act like your life depends on killing a duck, your family is gonna starve, whoa is me LOL

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by KenaiKid

So you're the kind of person who thinks spending money gives you the right to be a prick huh...

You'd better keep your money the heck out of Alaska then. Hunt with your attitude and any guide will be dropping your entitled butt back at the airport.

Nope im the kind of guy that thinks im out there to have have fun and make memories. ive duck hunted in several states. never been accused of "sky busting"
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 02:54 PM

P

And attitude like that is what makes news stories like this, over a duck you act like your life depends on killing a duck, your family is gonna starve, whoa is me LOL

Pirogue is right. There are simple rules to follow when duck hunting. Do not sky bust. Once a flock is obviously working someone else's spread, shut up and let it happen. Doesn't matter how much you've payed to hunt, it doesn't give you licence to behave like a moron. Common sense and common courtesy goes a long way.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 01/31/21 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by grisseldog
Lesson learned

Yep. And dont cut off someones snare in the ditch. Same thing. If people wouldnt be pricks, theyd be alive.
Posted By: sjc

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 02/01/21 02:52 AM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...format=permalink&ref=watch_permalink
For all the amateur sleuths, tough guys, know it alls, and bitter turds who think it would be cute if a couple young men were killed for sky busting or shooting some old guys swingers...
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 02/01/21 03:03 AM

Very sad.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Reelfoot Lake, TN Duck hunters murdered - 02/01/21 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by sjc
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...format=permalink&ref=watch_permalink

For all the amateur sleuths, tough guys, know it alls, and bitter turds who think it would be cute if a couple young men were killed for sky busting or shooting some old guys swingers...

Nobody said that. Oversensitive much?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums