Home

Bridger #4 long

Posted By: Ethan1234

Bridger #4 long - 02/02/21 05:15 PM

Here in wv were allowed a jaw spread of 6 1/2 inches or less and i was wanting to get some bridger #4 longs next fall but are they to big for yotes and if someone uses them on the forum can you post pic of your catch in them and for you all who have told me to get coilsprings i got you covered im wanting to get some mb 550s or some kb compound 5.5s if i can find them or i was gonna get some bridger #2 doglees and dog on fully modifieds
Posted By: Bob

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/02/21 07:44 PM

They are not too big for coyote. I’ve used them before and they’re great for coyote and bobcat. The only drawback is you have to dig a big bed for them, but that’s not an issue until the ground freezes.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/02/21 09:25 PM

Use em all the time for yotes and cats
Posted By: ebfarmer

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/02/21 10:06 PM

I got a couple at Christmas, just to play around with. They are now night latched, and laminated, and they look like a beast of a trap, when compared to the 550's I'm running now. I haven't set them yet, mainly because I don't feel good about catching someone's dog in them. They do look like a nice trap, but I may try some #3's next time. JMO

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/02/21 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by ebfarmer
I got a couple at Christmas, just to play around with. They are now night latched, and laminated, and they look like a beast of a trap, when compared to the 550's I'm running now. I haven't set them yet, mainly because I don't feel good about catching someone's dog in them. They do look like a nice trap, but I may try some #3's next time. JMO

Do they come night latched and laminated
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/03/21 12:03 AM

I've got a few I had to night latch them and they were not laminated. I put an electrical junction box cover on the pan and glued a shingle on that for a few of them. I have some that I just sprayed adhesive on the j-box cover and put dirt on it. They are strong traps and it takes a big hole to bed them. I also laminated them and put a center D-ring on the base plate.

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/03/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by lestan101
I've got a few I had to night latch them and they were not laminated. I put an electrical junction box cover on the pan and glued a shingle on that for a few of them. I have some that I just sprayed adhesive on the j-box cover and put dirt on it. They are strong traps and it takes a big hole to bed them. I also laminated them and put a center D-ring on the base plate.

Do you have a pic of one so i can see what it looks like done
Posted By: Bob

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/03/21 01:42 AM

They don’t come night latched or laminated, but I definitely recommend doing it when you get them. If you can’t laminate not the end of the world, but definitely night latch. I know not everyone has access to a welder, but files are cheap. I use a pair of vice grips to hold the dog and use as a guide to file in night latches.
Posted By: Fiske

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/03/21 01:58 AM

Bridger #4 offset, [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
pit#2 pan baseplated. Not to big for coyote

Re: Bridger #4 long - 02/03/21 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Fiske
Bridger #4 offset, [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
pit#2 pan baseplated. Not to big for coyote

Awesome man ill definately get some now thats a nice cat and ill modify them for cats and yotes
© 2024 Trapperman Forums