Home

Who has a local trap/lure supplier?

Posted By: warrior

Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:35 AM

I really need to put in an order for some lure. That means going online working up an order and paying shipping. I hate that whole process. Not the suppliers mind you I've yet to get poor service or not get it shipped out promptly. That whole shipping cost thing.

I sure do wish I had a local mom and pop that I could drop in a pick up a few items as needed.

Its the same with my bee habit as well.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:37 AM

Not sure your looking up North but Adam is great to work with:
https://www.trapperartssupply.com/
Posted By: Posco

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:37 AM

I have a guy in town who carriers Cronk's lures. I go in there sniffing around occasionally and buy from time to time.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:39 AM

Think about the closest thing we have down here would be MSI in Tifton. I know they carry traps and a few other supplies, but not sure about baits/lures. Georgia isn’t exactly a trapping State.
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:44 AM

I live not to far from Kaatz Bros. Lures and yes it is very convenient.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:48 AM

I have a couple within an hours drive but theyre not really convenient to drive to though
Posted By: Bob

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:53 AM

Closest thing to a supplier I have is the cabelas 2 hours away. Other than that I gotta order online

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Think about the closest thing we have down here would be MSI in Tifton. I know they carry traps and a few other supplies, but not sure about baits/lures. Georgia isn’t exactly a trapping State.

Trapshed in Marietta is about an hour north but his stock is limited. Basspro in Macon carries a small selection about 40 minutes south. Southern Snares might as well be a whole state away. We did have a Gander in McDonough but its gone. I loaded up when they clearanced everything.

I've often thought Atlanta needs a supply house catering to the NWCO something like WCS.

But I really like supporting small family owned businesses.

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:59 AM

Problem with trying to do a mom and pop is the internet. My local mom and pop bee supply just closed up and sold their operation to a guy 40 minutes south and I doubt he makes a go of it.

They just couldn't compete with the online, which was often their own suppliers, pricing.
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:02 AM

Got Newt 20min away, door is always open.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:05 AM

Not that there are not plenty of good lure and bait makers but I got spoiled when I lived in Kansas and would sell fur a few times a year to Calvin Calp. I thought he liked my boy he was always givin him something new to try out but I saw him do that with a lot of youngsters.

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by PineDoggin
Got Newt 20min away, door is always open.

Lucky. Another nice thing with local is the knowledge gained just talking shop.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:07 AM

Schmidt enterprises close to me
Posted By: Cibarius

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:09 AM

It has been great living near Owatonna. I can’t imagine dealing with better people than the Cumberland’s crew.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:14 AM

Hoosier trapper supply is about 15 to 20 minutes away since i bought a new house a year and a half ago. Used to be 5 minutes away, Charlie and everyone that works for him is awesome to deal with.
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:14 AM

google Jason Feebinger archery & supplies. He's in PA, but that doesn't make him all bad.
he's somewhere around Ketterington, PA.
Posted By: cheechako

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:15 AM

Riverotter2 lives near me. He and his son make great baits and lures. Business is called Down South Trappers. Steve and Shawn kill more critters in a year than a lot of folks (myself included) kill in 10 and that’s no exaggeration. They’re the real deal.

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Huntall76
Hoosier trapper supply is about 15 to 20 minutes away since i bought a new house a year and a half ago. Used to be 5 minutes away, Charlie and everyone that works for him is awesome to deal with.

Been watching some of their YouTube videos, looks like a good crew they got there. Never ordered from them but may have to.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:32 AM

I'm thinking more planning and try to get everything at the state convention this year. Might make the trip to Graham's coyote days this year, could probably drop some $ there.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 04:35 AM

Dakotaline is 15 minutes. Even tho they do just wholesale now, they are very accommodating to a walk-in and drop whatever theyre doing to help me. I usually procrastinate and go a few days before i set. Even tho i have no clue if what im smelling is good, i like smelling the lure/bait before i buy.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 04:37 AM

I have trappers stopping by for supplies often so it must be me that’s the supplier then. LOL
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 04:39 AM

Southern Snares is 1.5 hrs east.

Grandpa's Trading Post is less than a hour southwest.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cibarius
It has been great living near Owatonna. I can’t imagine dealing with better people than the Cumberland’s crew.

I need to road trip there soon
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:01 PM

Local feed store has some dukes and a few lures. I won't pay 9.00 for an ounce bottle though.
Posted By: RFrame

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 03:43 PM

Local pawn shop usually has some of Ray Milligan’s stuff and Ogorman’s lures and paste bait and FnT urine. Sportsman’s warehouse 20 minutes away carries Mark June’s widow maker and some of his lures too.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Who has a local trap/lure supplier? - 02/03/21 05:36 PM

Got bridger fur that buy fur and sell supplies, got travelling fur buyers that stop and buy fur along i-90 .
I buy fur and sell supplies here in absarokee.
Got keith gregerson snares a hour an a half north of me.
J&M fur also .
Fur sale in February put on by M.T.A.
So would say around me we are set up good .
And If you want to travel within the state of montana
Got several other dealers in trapping supplies , ogorman's
Mt. Trapper bags and in the state of montana nothing is close
Or up town so we are use to driving.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums