Bill: H.R.127

Posted By: Dewey NY

Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 01:46 PM

Anyone see this.?
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127?s=1&r=19

Thoughts..?
Posted By: USMCArty

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 01:49 PM

Better get ready to be outlaws boys!! The lawmakers are going to attempt to tear down the Constitution as fast as possible over the next four years!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 02:03 PM

Time for the slackers that do nothing but complain about the NRA step up and join, we know numbers mean everything today. At least join GOA or just keep complaining if that’s your thing.

Just added 5 years to my membership took no prizes or magazines I challenge others to do the same join either the NRA or GOA so you have a voice working for you.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 03:27 PM

That bill is insane. If my understanding is correct bulpup's are the loophole. The magazine is held behind and under the action grin I knew I should've bought those bulpup's 12ga last week
Posted By: Ethan1234

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dewey NY

I hope dont become a law
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 04:45 PM

Texas voters better not renew her license next time around.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 04:57 PM

What scares me the most is the genocide that follows gun confiscation
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 06:15 PM

To be honest, I am past caring what those traitors come up with. At the end of the day, a lot of the folks that take it upon themselves to do the confiscating are going to end up with more holes than they had at birth. At that point this whole BS is going to grind to a halt.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 3togo

I believe she's in a safe district. Though redistricting is about to start so there may be hope.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 07:04 PM

License definition: permission granted by competent authority to engage in a business or occupation or in an activity otherwise unlawful

How can a right require a license? Are rights not legal activities?

JUST SAY NO
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 07:14 PM

Dude you lost me at "competent authority". I don't think we have any of those left.
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
To be honest, I am past caring what those traitors come up with. At the end of the day, a lot of the folks that take it upon themselves to do the confiscating are going to end up with more holes than they had at birth. At that point this whole BS is going to grind to a halt.

2X
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/05/21 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by 3togo

They will.
Posted By: Don Adams

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/06/21 04:55 PM

Here's an overview of the HR 127 legislation based on what I read:
1) Establishes a firearms registration system within the ATF
2) Registered individuals must notify the ATF every time they loan their firearms
3) May not loan firearms to anyone under the age of 18, does not seem to have any exception for hunting or recreation
4) All firearms acquired before this legislation must also be registered
5) Creates a firearms and ammunition licensing system
6) Must be in possession in order to purchase or posses firearms or ammunition
7) Must be 21 years old to obtain a license
8 Must go through psychological evaluation
9) Must have firearms insurance, like car insurance, to cover damages resulting from the use of any firearm by the person
10) Need a separate license for Antique Firearm Display
11) Must describe how it will be displayed and demonstrate that it is stored in a manner as approved by the AG.
12) Need a separate license for “Military-Style Weapons”
13) Licenses may be suspended if individual is under indictment, not even charged, for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
14) Must renew licenses every year for 5 years, then once every three years.
15) Prohibits possession of certain ammunition, and based on my reading does not provide an exception for shotguns, so 12 and 20 gauge could be prohibited under this legislation.
16) Prohibits “large” capacity feeding devices (10 rounds)
17) Possessing a firearm or ammunition without a license and registration is a minimum fine of $75K and minimum sentence of 15 years
18) Transferring a firearm or ammunition to a person who is not licensed is a minimum fine of $50K and minimum sentence of 10 years
19) Selling or giving a firearm or ammunition without notifying the Attorney General is a minimum fine of $30K and minimum sentence of 5 years
20) Loaning a firearm or ammunition without notifying AG is a minimum fine of $5K
21) Transferring firearm to an individual under 18 is a minimum fine of $75K and minimum sentence of 15 years.
There does not appear to be a grandfather clause, waivering current gun owners from the licensing/registration requirements.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/06/21 05:11 PM

They can go pound sand
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/06/21 05:27 PM

Trouble is there is this pesky little thing called the 2nd ammendment......... i hope it stands the test of these radical communists!!
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/07/21 05:28 PM

I saw this on FB and looked it up. from what I saw is it was brought in during the begining of covid crap trying to sneak it in, but it was dead. did they reintroduce it? I hope not but wouldnt doubt it
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/07/21 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Time for the slackers that do nothing but complain about the NRA step up and join, we know numbers mean everything today. At least join GOA or just keep complaining if that’s your thing.

Just added 5 years to my membership took no prizes or magazines I challenge others to do the same join either the NRA or GOA so you have a voice working for you.

Join both
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/07/21 08:35 PM

Does anyone have the AG's phone number? Because according to this if I'm out hunting or shooting with one of you guys and you run short on ammo, I can't give you a hand full of shells without letting the AG know. Sorry, but rules is rules. whistle
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Bill: H.R.127 - 02/07/21 08:47 PM

What guns?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums