Home

Trail cam ?

Posted By: Yes sir

Trail cam ? - 02/06/21 06:45 PM

Was think about setting some cameras over some test sets but we are going to get down around 0 in the next week. Ive got good lithium batteries in them. Ones a new Browning and the other is a Wild Game camera. Was going to set them on video but didn't know if they will function properly down to 5 below. Dont want to test lure if I can't get on video right now. Am I good to go or should I wait for warmer weather?
Posted By: MNEric

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/06/21 07:02 PM

I would wait if you are going to use video mode
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/06/21 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by MNEric
I would wait if you are going to use video mode

x2
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/06/21 07:23 PM

I had a bushnel trophy cam a few years back. It took 8 AAA batteries. I never used it on video mode, but it took pictures reliably down to about -25 C.

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/06/21 07:26 PM

Thanks guys. We just don't experience that cold of temps around very often so I don't have experience with cameras in that kind of weather. Had a cheapo with regular batteries give me fits everytime it got around 10 degrees
Posted By: CT Trapperman

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/07/21 12:49 AM

I usually set all my cams on video mode , run em year round , never had a problem with them in the extreme cold as long as you are running lithium batteries you will be good . I have video at -28 F , with Bushnell and Browning cams

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/07/21 01:55 AM

Alright ill go for it at couple places and report back. If I miss them ive got more spot to go.
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/07/21 02:39 AM

I'm sure it will work fine. Run many cameras. Have a wildgame outback year round. Works throughout WI. winters, well below 0 at times. Used to use ultimate lithium batteries. Now just regular duracell. See no difference in any way. Too expensive when you buy the amount of batteries I do.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/07/21 02:53 AM

Check to be sure you don't have to use recommended batteries for your camera. replaced mine with another brand and it didn't work. Called customer service and they told me thier cameras only work with the one brand/type. Did so and camera works fine. I don't do a whole lot of videos but think the cold could drain the batteries rather quickly. Only one way to find out I guess.
Posted By: forestman3

Re: Trail cam ? - 02/07/21 03:20 AM

The browning will be fine,put the wild game in the trash and save the aggravation.lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums