Home

Meal Planning Software

Posted By: T-Rex

Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 06:36 PM

I was talking with the wife this morning on how to make meals, cooking and shopping more efficient.

I thought I would make a list of the stuff we like, superimpose it on to a calendar, and make shopping lists to suit. Holy crap!!! My list grew to viral proportions. i figured I'd need to make a spreadsheet instead. Then I figured maybe someone already had. Sure enough I found a couple free ones on the internet.

Has anyone used any of these? Any recommendations?

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 07:07 PM

Do you loan your kids out?

It is just the wife and me, and we are too boring for our own good.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 07:11 PM

We just map out a weeks worth of meals on Saturday or Sunday. The three kiddos get one choice each and it’s easy. Cuts down on the shopping bill for food when you know what you are doing in the grocery store.
But, I am sure there is an App for that.... laugh
Posted By: Spade

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 07:37 PM

Town is so far away, we only go 2 times a month, wife plans out meals for 2 weeks, but we have a pantry that is 8Hx6Wx4Deep, so we can change any time.

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by mad_mike
there is! I'm hoping to find comments that lead me to a good one.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
Originally Posted by mad_mike
there is! I'm hoping to find comments that lead me to a good one.

Ain’t got one, don’t need one.
I go old school and map it out on paper. Life ain’t that hard.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 08:10 PM

We typically don't know what we are going to make for supper until very shortly before we make it. We eat what we feel like eating that day. If we are worn out or tired, we cook something quick and easy. When I have more time and energy, I cook something fancier. I cook supper more than Diane and she makes lunch and breakfast for herself and for me, if I eat breakfast, more than I do.

Having a scheduled dinner seems to much like being in school or a prison to me.

I have whole hogs and beefs butchered. We typically have more than 6 months of meat and staples on hand and I grow a lot of fruit, nuts and vegetables. We only shop infrequently. I guess planning might be useful if you have to keep running to the store and pick up stuff.

Keith

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 09:00 PM

• old school
  • pencil and paper
  • big pantry
  • plenty on hand
  • scheduled meals suck
Yeah, yeah. That's my life, now.

A spreadsheet is not a government mandate. It is more like a menu in a fancy restaurant. If you are not in the mood for what shows up on Monday; swap it out for that stuff that looks good on Tuesday. A stockpile in cans or freezer, is great, but stuff like fresh vegetables either get eaten or get thrown out. I'm trying to make life easier and more efficient rather than shooting from the hip.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/07/21 11:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/08/21 12:17 AM

Bacon and beer makes sense. The quantity you show does not.

Re: Meal Planning Software - 02/08/21 12:18 AM

Bacon and beer makes sense. The quantity (and beer quality) you show does not.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums