Home

A & L Berg tannery

Posted By: wissmiss

A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 06:09 AM

Has any one used this tannery in New Jersey? Good? Bad? Indifferent? How was the turn around time? Did you get your own pelts back?

Thanks
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 01:21 PM

Z & L is in New Jersey. I use them predominantly.
Posted By: nightstalker1

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 01:37 PM

Mom and Pop run tannery

Leo does great work with very fast turn-around time

I used Tubari Ltd before Z&L.....both same quality but Leo had drastically better turn-around

Call him.....usually it's Leo that answers the phone
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 02:01 PM

Leo Does great work and crafting I think he does a lot of the crafting for USA Fox or did they farm out there work. Tubari does dye work and great work on beaver plus they pluck and shear beaver I think the only ones in the US.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 02:41 PM

Ok, now I’m confused. I am asking about a tannery called A & L Berg located in Newark, New Jersey.

The responses I am getting are about Z & L tannery (Leo) which is also located in Newark, New Jersey.

Is it the same outfit with 2 different names or is it just coincidence or. What is going on.

BTW - I appreciate the input about Leo. I’m already familiar with his company..

Thanks

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 02:47 PM

Never heard of A and L
Posted By: Jc Fitzy

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 03:06 PM

They are the same
Posted By: nightstalker1

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 03:15 PM

They have the same address as Leo

I have never heard of them

I'm sure Leo or A&L could offer some insight on the same location topic

Can only assume it's some sort of companion business
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 03:16 PM

What does/did Z&L stand for? Maybe he changed the name?
Posted By: The Beav

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 03:17 PM

A&L Berg at Newark, NJ - USA.com™
www.usa.com › frs › a-l-berg.html
A&L Berg is located at 366 Jeliff Ave, Newark NJ, 07108. Local Data Search . USA.com / A&L Berg. A&L Berg. This Facility Newark Essex County New Jersey More Facilities . 366 Jeliff Ave Newark NJ, 07108 Essex County …
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 03:20 PM

and on the NYtrappers forum they have the # as 973-353-9000
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 04:46 PM

A & L Berg has a website but not much info other than About Us, address is 366 Jetliff Ave
Z & L Trading Corp does not have a website, address is 370 Jetliff Ave

According to Google Maps, looks like both addresses are in the same building.

Berg's website makes one think they are a tannery but the locations makes one wonder if Berg is a front for Z & L. Berg's partner retired so he may have hooked up with Leo. A couple phone calls would probably sort it out.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/08/21 04:56 PM

Z&L, I think the name is from the owners name, Zelda ( wife ) and Leo ( Lewin ).

Z&L still has a office address in Brooklyn, NY in the garment district. All furs are sent to the Newark, NJ address for tanning. He prefers UPS as a carrier.

This is the phone number I used for Z&L last year.... 718-272-5190 . It’s Leo’s cell number...he’ll get you set up to ship your fur.

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/09/21 01:20 AM

I wonder if the Berg part is the garment manufacturing part of the business anyway wissmiss I guess you will find out and can give us a book report. Did you ever get a reply on if the Western States Fur Auction was going to happen.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: A & L Berg tannery - 02/09/21 01:25 AM

Leo has 4 address' in the that building my guess as stated they are all the same.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums