Home

ATV Replacement Tires

Posted By: Eagleye

ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 02:33 PM

I’m looking to replace the original tires on my ATV and UTV, I’m looking for an after-market tire that performs well in mud and snow. I know it’s somewhat oxymoronic for, “works well in snow”- should I say... better. Any brands and recommendations for this typical terrain? I’m thinking off going from an XT to and RT because I do 99% Off-Road driving.
Posted By: peej

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 02:59 PM

I put Grim reaper tires on my ATV. I give them a good rating.
Posted By: Page

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 03:02 PM

I put ITP Blackwater on my mule. Over 1,000 miles and still look great. There is a vibration to them at slow speed
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 03:10 PM

I see a lot of side by sides and others with what looks like truck tires on them.
They are a lot less atv looking than I am used to. What's up with that kind of tire.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 03:12 PM

When the snow gets deeper, I put chains on my Honda Foreman. Makes a big difference in snow without them.

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by grapestomper
I see a lot of side by sides and others with what looks like truck tires on them.
They are a lot less atv looking than I am used to. What's up with that kind of tire.

It's getting Covid Crazy in the UTV market for sales... the new $27,000 Yamaha UTV has 30" tires... might as well blast the pick-up down the trail
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 04:10 PM

ITP mudlites have worked good for me. Eric
Posted By: SJA

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 04:21 PM

The heck with looks. If ya wanna play "Rat Patrol", bigger tires will give you a larger footprint and maybe keep ya from bottoming out when you don't see that deep soft spot. Especially on a UTV.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 04:25 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078N4RSWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put these on my 6x6 and 4 wheeler. The same tires at Fleet Farm cost more for one then the two cost me.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by ABeardedTrapper

x2
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye

It's getting Covid Crazy in the UTV market for sales... the new $27,000 Yamaha UTV has 30" tires... might as well blast the pick-up down the trail

I met a guy on the trail the other day and he had just bought his polaris used with like 1100 miles on it. It was decked out. Said he paid well over 20,000 for it.
No way in my book will i do that.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by peej
I put Grim reaper tires on my ATV. I give them a good rating.

X2 and are wearing like iron going on 3 years now.
Posted By: Cooncuff

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 05:42 PM

I got a set of SUNF tires2 years ago and they have rerally worked well...Just looked them up a set of 4 for my Honda is still 250.00
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye

At 27000+ might as well buy a pickup
Posted By: JohnnyY

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 07:33 PM

Maxxix Bighorn 2.0 work pretty well in all around use.
Posted By: sako22

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 08:19 PM

ITP m/s 589 have been really good on my old Honda foreman. They really dig
Posted By: midlander

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cooncuff
I got a set of SUNF tires2 years ago and they have rerally worked well...Just looked them up a set of 4 for my Honda is still 250.00

I heard these run small for the size...can you confirm?
Posted By: Osky

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 10:35 PM

Up here they have opened all roads and trails to atv/utv traffic. CO told me they are tagging bunches of them because “normal” off road tires for the machines have top speed ratings. Many are over running that and getting ticketed. Newer tires, bigger, are built heavier and can legally be used at higher speeds.
This may be some of it.

Osky
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/09/21 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254

x2

x3
Posted By: Cooncuff

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 02:48 AM

Midlander....Mine were the same height but a tad wider so maybe they just looked smaller
Posted By: midlander

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 02:50 AM

Thank you sir...been eyeballing those, getting close to pulling the trigger
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 04:15 AM

When I sold my 02 rubicon the Titan 589 tires I had on it had 6500 miles, no flats, 3/8" of tread missing is all, Wyoming trapping and iowa

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 10:38 AM

I appreciate all the input, I triangulated the feedback I received here with other sources and ordered the ITP Mud Lites. What makes this information valuable to me is... many Trapperman resources are using ATV's & UTV's in the same applications, conditions and diverse terrain. A lot of online information encompasses- street riders, trail riders, racers etc. Thanks for taking the time to respond and influencing my decision.
Posted By: garymc

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ShawneeMan
Originally Posted by yukon254
[quote=ABeardedTrapper]ITP mudlites have worked good for me. Eric

x3

X4

I have the regular mud lite on a Honda ATV and a set of the Mud Lite XTR on my Polaris ranger.
Posted By: topknot

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 01:13 PM

I heard the mudlites tend to be prone to punctures as they are lite tires. Anyone else hear that? other than thinner rubber what would designate the "lite" in the name?

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 01:45 PM

Far from an expert but based on my research- The Mud Lite tires are a 6ply, the heavier the ply the heavier the tire and less puncture resistant. If I was runny rocky terrain -I think I would opt for an 8-10 ply tire, the lower the ply, the better the traction, the heavier ply, the heavier the tire weight will be. I'm not racing so weight isn't that big of a concern but the heavier ply tires rob power and put additional strain on the drive-train- it was recommended that you stay close to manufactured tire specifications without making machine modifications to accommodate heavier and larger diameter tires.
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 02:11 PM

I have had no issues with punctures on my mud lites. I run them on various terrain from rocky surfaces to deep mud and everthing in between. Has been a great tire since I've been using them. Eric
Posted By: illinideer

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 08:33 PM

I have had no issues with punctures on my mud lites. I run them on various terrain from rocky surfaces to deep mud and everthing in between. Has been a great tire since I've been using them. Eric

Same here on my second set with my 250 arctic cat and going to put a set on my 400 really like the tire.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/10/21 09:31 PM

They run them on the streets here with a scooter plate just need lights, horn and turn signals rear view mirror.
Posted By: imissed

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/11/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by sako22

I've them on 1 of my ATV. I like them but are they still made? I thought they stopped making them.
Posted By: imissed

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/11/21 01:28 AM

I have ITP XTR's on my snow plowing ATV. Work great in snow. Never really had them in deep mud but have gone through mud with no problem.
Posted By: Boco

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/11/21 01:40 AM

I changed the dirt hook tires on my old 94 honda 4 trax when they got worn and went with the mud lites.Great tire for the bush and OK on the logging roads.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: ATV Replacement Tires - 02/11/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by imissed
Originally Posted by sako22

I've them on 1 of my ATV. I like them but are they still made? I thought they stopped making them.

Titan makes a 589, I really like them, but don't turn on the lawn, it will move sod lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums