Home

Deep cold

Posted By: yukon254

Deep cold - 02/09/21 04:29 PM

-45 at the house this morning. Supposed to get a bit of wind later, going to be brutal. Ice fog is just starting to climb the mountains.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boco

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 04:30 PM

Nice weather to catch up on the frostscraping .
Got an old bearhide ready to go -only minus 32 here tonight.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Yes perfect for that.

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254

Yes perfect for that.

Good weather to stick around camp,split some green wood,and scrape some hides,and a big pot of coffee on the stove for the coffee breaks,lol.
Always loved splittin green birch when its real cold-one little whack with the axe at those temps and it flys apart in 3 or 4 chunks.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 05:01 PM

Geez... and here I'm complaining about -17C, I better put my mittens back in my purse now lol.
Keep that Canadian Whiskey away from the windows!
[Linked Image]
grin
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 05:07 PM

Nice weather to catch up on the frostscraping for 3 "big" girls and 7 fur coats.

Fixed it for ya

Does your wife know you refer to her as an ol' bear hide? No wonder she never lets you honey moon her! whistle
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 05:17 PM

Global warming at work
Run hide the sky is falling the sky is falling
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Global warming at work
Run hide the sky is falling the sky is falling

[Linked Image]

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 05:38 PM

We used to be able to count on about 3 months of minus 30c weather and colder back in the day-now we are lucky to get maybe a week here and there in Dec Jan and Feb.
Cant say for Yukons area but If he has been up there long enough I bet he has seen the change also.
Posted By: DecoyMacoy

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 05:46 PM

I have my attire dialed in perfect to really enjoy snowshoeing in well below 0F down to even -20F. I'd love the challenge of trying colder but we just don't see those temps.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 08:51 PM

We had an above normal January temperature-wise. Now, February is running below normal.

A few days ago our local meteorologist showed where the record high was recorded in 1856. They didn't have fossil fuels back then like we do now. I tend to believe the scientists (and there are some) who say this weather cycles. Not that I feel we don't need to take care of our environment.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 10:54 PM

Into the -40s stinks. We’ve been there for four days. On the upside, first 4 days of the winter that cold, Like Boco, I remember winters that went like that for a month. The deer are really piling into my yard now though.

Even so, still snaring coyotes and my kids are snowshoeing around picking whitetail sheds.

Re: Deep cold - 02/09/21 11:50 PM

I love it.
Got an old bearhide nailed out to frostscape tomorrow morning.
Should have it shined right up in about 20 minutes while breakfast is cooking.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums