Home

NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping

Posted By: drasselt

NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/09/21 07:54 PM

I know the New Mexico thread is in a sticky at the top of the page but NTA is pushing a strategy that saved bear hunting in California of all places!

***NTA Alert! A petition has been created in New Mexico, opposing SB 32.

URGENT!!!

_New Mexico Senate Bill 32 is gaining national attention as it attempts to ban all trapping on public lands in the state and severely limit the ability for the NMDGF to utilize lethal traps to address depredation issues. This is yet another example of the opposition chipping away at our shared outdoor heritage and attempting to limit the ability of state agencies to effectively manage wildlife based on the best available science.

Similar to the very successful bear hunting ban petition in California, a petition has been created in New Mexico, opposing SB 32. Due to the current state of the NM legislature, it is going to take the support of the entire sportsmen’s community to stop this bill from passing. Any attention we can bring to this issue to counteract the current anti-trapping rhetoric will be crucial. As with all petitions, the more signatures the better. What made the CA bear hunting petition so successful is that it gained national attention, so the more pervasive the NM trapping ban petition is in the sportsmen’s community, the better. Here is the link to the current NM SB 32 online petition. If you have not already done so, I would encourage you to share the petition with your respective members and encourage people to spread the word and increase awareness (e.g. call to action, social media, etc.).

I would also urge you to review the current NM lobbying regulations and decide the best course of action for your respective organizations.
_________

Re: NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/09/21 07:54 PM

Hmm I see the links didn't come through. Help anybody?
Posted By: RFrame

Re: NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/09/21 10:53 PM

http://chng.it/MtRpLKbK

Re: NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/10/21 04:38 PM

Thanks for the link RFrame. Signing the petition is easy. Pile On!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/10/21 04:52 PM

Do they even count or even look at responses from those from other states?

Re: NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/10/21 07:31 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Apparently it worked in California. Also AZ has a lot of federal land so I thought it was worthwhile to contribute if for no other reason.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/10/21 07:32 PM

Can't hurt to try.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/10/21 10:53 PM

All conspiracy. Just ask one of our resident Biden supporters.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: NTA: Massive Response Can Save New Mexico Trapping - 02/10/21 11:11 PM

They were almost at 10K when I signed earlier today.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums