Home

Posco....I caught a decent laker

Posted By: scalloper

Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 01:15 AM

Took my shack to East Grand two weeks ago. Fishing has been hit or miss but a few decent ones. A little sporty some mornings at 3 to 5 degrees and blowing a gale. Good grub and a good cook. Fried halibut, smashed taters with onions and corn.

Attached picture 18741631-947E-48AC-B432-1DA6535205FE.jpeg
Attached picture 495BCB93-3E05-4912-AC38-3C38368F7FC3.jpeg
Attached picture 970575F3-DBCD-41D8-8815-BF20FFDEBAE2.jpeg
Attached picture 4A52501C-7B34-46B3-A76B-F2F74EF213C5.jpeg
Posted By: Mac

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 01:20 AM

Awesome fish, and great camp set up.

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 01:25 AM

It works great for us. 4 seasons camp. Use it deer/moose hunting and ice fishing. As well as a guest house. 8X16 all aluminum.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 01:49 AM

Fantastic! What part of the lake were you fishing? I was down there a couple weeks back and we caught a couple decent brookies and a 26" laker. We were on Dark Cove. You have a 1st class setup there...chef and everything. Nice.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 02:07 AM

Don’t real Mainahs call them Togue...? ...Nice set up !
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 04:02 AM

Nice set up
Congratulations on the fishing

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
Fantastic! What part of the lake were you fishing? I was down there a couple weeks back and we caught a couple decent brookies and a 26" laker. We were on Dark Cove. You have a 1st class setup there...chef and everything. Nice.

I come in from Greenland cove launch. Its only 64 miles from my home on Cathance Lake. The laker I got was 28" and 8.45 lb. I let it go. I am loaded up with fish, shrimp and scallops. Two of my buddies came down to fish with me on sunday but I got a call on saterday to help a friend get his 4 wheeler out of the lake we live on. They still fished. Came in from Butterfeild landing and fished east of the deep hole. They landed 5 lakers total from 8.5-11 lbs.

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

"I aint no transplant"
grin but yes most do call them togue. Anyone that says they taste like mud or are to greesey just plain dont like fish. Lakers are as good or better then most other fresh water fish.

By the way. After reading the quote at the bottom of your page, do you think we are all living on our knees now in the US?
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by scalloper
Took my shack to East Grand two weeks ago. Fishing has been hit or miss but a few decent ones. A little sporty some mornings at 3 to 5 degrees and blowing a gale. Good grub and a good cook. Fried halibut, smashed taters with onions and corn.

Nice fish. Scalloper. Can i send you a level for Christmas? smile Good catch Sir!

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by jctunnelrat

Nice fish. Scalloper. Can i send you a level for Christmas? smile Good catch Sir!

I cant figure out how to adjust the pictures. really irritates me.

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by jctunnelrat

Originally Posted by Mac

The shack works great for deer and moose hunting as well. Me and the wife had 4 any deer tags for Vinellhaven Island last fall. Took the shack out for a few weeks and shot our deer. Took it to Jackman a few times moose hunting.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 12:20 PM

ook my shack to East Grand two weeks ago. Fishing has been hit or miss but a few decent ones. A little sporty some mornings at 3 to 5 degrees and blowing a gale. Good grub and a good cook. Fried halibut, smashed taters with onions and corn.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 12:23 PM

Nice Fish!!!

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by ebsurveyor
ook my shack to East Grand two weeks ago. Fishing has been hit or miss but a few decent ones. A little sporty some mornings at 3 to 5 degrees and blowing a gale. Good grub and a good cook. Fried halibut, smashed taters with onions and corn.

[Linked Image]

Now I am really irritated eek I monkeyed with those pictures for 15 min last evening and still failed.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 05:45 PM

Very nice fish, set up, and food. Looks like lots of fun.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 05:47 PM

Looks like a good fish but who is this Posco chick? Is she hot? grin
Posted By: Posco

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 05:48 PM

Halibut should be battered and deep fried just until it floats.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 06:14 PM

Nice setup and good fish
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 06:43 PM

"I aint no transplant"
grin but yes most do call them togue. Anyone that says they taste like mud or are to greesey just plain dont like fish. Lakers are as good or better then most other fresh water fish.

By the way. After reading the quote at the bottom of your page, do you think we are all living on our knees now in the US?

In part that's because your fish are eating smelt and whitefish...In portions of the Great Lakes where the lake trout are on alewives, they get a tad oily...I miss East and West Grand...

BTW - Nice fish!
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 06:51 PM

Wicked shack! May I ask how you transport it around?
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 07:33 PM

Great fish and pics, really cool set up!!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 08:08 PM

Nice trout, but I really couldn't care less about eating them. However, I do really like Halibut. So are you eating Atlantic, or Pacific halibut? I thought Atlantic halibut are an endangered species or at least protected??
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 09:47 PM

WTG , looks like a nice fish house

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 11:11 PM

"I aint no transplant"

Lakahs are oily,disgusting tasting fish around here. The only trout I will eat is a brookie...the rest go back down the hole

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/10/21 11:13 PM

Yah ...will see about the living on the knees thing.... [Linked Image]

Little snack from last weekend..

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/11/21 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
Halibut should be battered and deep fried just until it floats.

It is one of the best ways for sure but we are limited on our kitchen equipment in the shack so I didnt complain.

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/11/21 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

I had a clam shell snowmobile trailer, duel axel. The wind peeled the top of one storm. I took the frame to the guy that built the shack and ask him to modify it to haul the shack. He did a excellent job. It tilts and I can unload it in about 10 min. Takes me maybe 15 to load by myself.

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/11/21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
Nice trout, but I really couldn't care less about eating them. However, I do really like Halibut. So are you eating Atlantic, or Pacific halibut? I thought Atlantic halibut are an endangered species or at least protected??

Atlantic Halibut. They are highly managed. Here in Maine we get 25 tags per season. Season is I believe May 15-June 15th. Maybe May 1-June 15. In that time frame. We have some of the best halibut fishing on the east coast. One of my sons had 24 keepers opening day last year.
Posted By: RFrame

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/11/21 10:02 PM

Norm trying to hijack your thread just wanted to show my pride and joy with a lake trout he caught today. He’s out with my father in law right now. They usually hammer the pike this time of year and catch a few nice trout too. That kid is a fishing fool. He eat sleeps and breathes fishing. It’s all he wants to do 100% of the time!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Posco....I caught a decent laker - 02/11/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mac

X2!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums