Home

I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!!

Posted By: 2zwudz

I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/10/21 11:22 PM

I bought myself a Ruger SR22 today for dispatching. I was using my rifle but i think a handgun will be more practical and easier to carry. Whats your thoughts on the Ruger SR22?
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/10/21 11:28 PM

If I ever buy another .22 handgun it'll be that gun. I've shot my buddy's and its a very nice gun.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/10/21 11:37 PM

Looking for one here. None to be had so far. frown

Charlie
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/10/21 11:37 PM

I have had mine for several years. I love it, a wonderful pistol. I still use my Rough Rider for dispatch. One thing about the SR22 I found is it eats every type of normal velocity .22 LR I have ever loaded into it.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/10/21 11:52 PM

Very nice handgun. Quite accurate and shoots all that I feed it.

Chris
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 01:37 AM

Two thumbs up
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 01:42 AM

nice little gun
Posted By: yote_trapper20

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 01:48 AM

I almost bought one. Ended up finding a TX22 first and after finding everyone raves about it it came home with me.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 02:22 AM

I use a ruger mark II, has dispatched ever critter I ever caught, you'll be much happier carrying a pistol always out of the way until you need it. This was a family gun before it was mine years ago.
Posted By: one toe

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 12:01 PM

I looked at them and wanted one. We cant use a semi auto handgun for dispatch in Pa. As I understand it, we can use a Ruger 10/22. Crazy, silly state law either way.
Posted By: Dead Coyote

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 12:05 PM

Great little pistol for dispatch, but also a very load little bugger!
Posted By: EdP

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 03:08 PM

Fine little pistol but I prefer a revolver so I can use shorts. A SS bearcat with adjustable sights would be my dream pistol for the trapline.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by EdP
Fine little pistol but I prefer a revolver so I can use shorts. A SS bearcat with adjustable sights would be my dream pistol for the trapline.

2xbox in a ss bear cat with adjustable sights. I would add $150 extra it they were adjustable night sights.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 03:59 PM

cant find one in stock anywhere. Looks like a solid gun for sure!!
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 05:27 PM

I've had one for years and as mentioned it shoots everything you can feed it. i love mine.
Posted By: chicken

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 05:53 PM

I have one.. I have used it on coons with less them stellar performance..

Just my point .02
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by chicken
I have one.. I have used it on coons with less them stellar performance..

Just my point .02

One thing I notice is everyone thinks it's easy to hit exactly where you want at 5-6 feet away and even closer distances. Practice. Get a pop can put it at the distance and shoot for a small single letter on the can. When you can do that with every shot you'll know how your gun shoots, how much front site to use, where in the notch to put it, or adjust the sites to your liking. Proper shot placement is to draw an imaginary X between the ears and the eyes and aim for the center of that X. Don't shoot when they have their nose pointed at you but shoot to hit flat when they point it down. You'll have no more troubles then.

Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 06:18 PM

Sometimes I can't tell if I forgot how to work mine or if its acting up but once in awhile I'm cussing pretty good.

Whats it called when the first trigger pull goes a mile and the rest are fine? Thats one thing I remember for sure. Thats just how the first one is supposed to be?
Posted By: concrete man

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 06:29 PM

I bought mine 4 years ago it doesn't cycle all 22 shells been that way from start . a revolver would be better .
Posted By: TrapperDR

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 11:38 PM

Have probably over 5,000 rounds through mine. No issues and no complaints. Kills coon no problems if you hit your mark. Caliber size entrance with no exit.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 11:41 PM

I haven't found a tougher .22 pistol yet. I rarely if ever clean mine. Bounces around all season in my truck. I've dropped it in a creek. It always gets the job done. They don't make bad little concealed carry guns either if you can get over the fact they won't drop and elephant running at you.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/11/21 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by OhioBoy
Sometimes I can't tell if I forgot how to work mine or if its acting up but once in awhile I'm cussing pretty good.

Whats it called when the first trigger pull goes a mile and the rest are fine? Thats one thing I remember for sure. Thats just how the first one is supposed to be?

Yes. The first trigger pull is long as you are cocking the hammer via the trigger then BANG. Second trigger pull the hammer is already cocked due to the cycling of the slide. Very short trigger pull. You can manually (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) (pull grin) the hammer back before the first shot which gives you the shorter trigger pull right away.

Chris
Posted By: 3togo

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/12/21 12:38 PM

ADC brings up a good point. I shot mine a couple years ago at 6-8 feet to see how it would group. Off a rest it's a 1 holer.

You can shoot shorts or CB Shorts if you load them one at a time.

I don't use it for dispatch but always have it in the truck.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: I bought myself a Ruger SR22!!!!! - 02/12/21 01:02 PM

I'm pretty sure the hammer is back on the first one. I would have noticed that but you are right it seems like that mechanically inside there its going through those motions though... even though the hammer is back. I might be crazy. I'll shoot it out the back door tonight and report back.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums