Home

Displayed traps in your home

Posted By: Dstone1992

Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 12:12 AM

Can you guys post some picture of how you display old traps in your house please!
Posted By: NorthenTrapper

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 12:16 AM

I just have a small nail into the drywall with a number 3 Victor attached on the chain.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 12:24 AM

This is the only one I have in the house. It's a cane given to me by Mr. Freddie from South Carolina.

[Linked Image]

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 12:44 AM

That cane is awesome!! My wife is looking for ideas. Being that I am an electrician I'm thinking about making a chandelier out of some traps with lamp bases in the jaws kind of like this but with a bundle of traps maybe 6 or 8? Chains attached at base plate all hanging from same hook, like if they were hanging on a hook in the fur shed.

Attached picture Screenshot_20210211-184238_Chrome.jpg
Posted By: headache73

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 02:04 AM

[Linked Image]
My great grandpa's traps next to the lantern my grandma carried coon hunting with him
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by headache73
[Linked Image]
My great grandpa's traps next to the lantern my grandma carried coon hunting with him

Very cool.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 02:22 AM

Thank you, my wife surprised me, hung em up one day before I got home
Posted By: panaxman

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 02:37 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Displayed or deployed; you decide
smile #40 B&L underspring super strong and bolted to inside dresser drawer. Upstairs bedroom top drawer. Been burglarized a long time ago, still feels like yesterday. Fake bills and cheap jewelry for bait. I used these for beaver once and worked great just unhandy to depress springs. ( especially if anchored to a drawer )

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 02:51 AM

Hahahahaha to cool
Posted By: panaxman

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 03:09 AM

Carefully placed tissue paper helps break up trap outline, but most druggies are in a haste, and not trap circle- shy....
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by panaxman
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Displayed or deployed; you decide
smile #40 B&L underspring super strong and bolted to inside dresser drawer. Upstairs bedroom top drawer. Been burglarized a long time ago, still feels like yesterday. Fake bills and cheap jewelry for bait. I used these for beaver once and worked great just unhandy to depress springs. ( especially if anchored to a drawer )

Love it!!!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by headache73
[Linked Image]

That Lantern looks like a Dietz N0.8 Air Pilot model.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 04:29 AM

[Linked Image]

Blake & lamb double under spring ...with orig chain too....need to hang it up....7 inch opening
Posted By: Boco

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 04:30 AM

Put that under the toilet seat in the outhouse.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 12:57 PM

I had a guy steal all the change out of my ashtray in my truck once. I did a MB750 like Panaxman and fastened it under the seat. It would have worked on the "reset" but I chickened out. It was a regular guy out front of my wifes work where he got me. He would have been back by. It had a cardbard pan cover / extension like you do with the electrical box covers cut to fit and you couldn't tell anything was anything. Can you imagine calling the cops with some big old dude hanging out of the truck flopping around. lol. I half thought I'd get in trouble but I was going to say it was beaver season and I had traps preset in my truck and he shouldn't have been in there. But I still chickened out.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 01:27 PM

Got the raw materials off a local beaver dam and had the Amish dowel it and sink the holes. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 03:03 PM

Here's a few that get to stay in the house....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mole

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 03:38 PM

Mr.Carman , Mr J.Thorpe, & Mr.Paul Grimshaw hanging out together
[Linked Image]

Trap of a Hundred names. some famous and others like me.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 04:50 PM

[Linked Image]
This is in my office. A beaver I caught that was pretty blond so I made a rug out of it. And the Gibbs trap alongside.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 05:06 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 05:12 PM

A recessed #6 Newhouse converted to a pull trigger secured to the studs with a light plaster top coat. Bait with valueables such as stacks of hundreds or perhaps a gold plated 1911. Perfect forearm catch every time.
Posted By: crowheart

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 05:30 PM

Some of my better traps with a nice Deer mount! [Linked Image]
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Displayed traps in your home - 02/12/21 05:35 PM

I have one displayed "on" the house but I'm not smart enough to post a pic. It's a duke 1 1/2 long spring welded open with my doorbell button on the pan. The sign beside it says- ring bell and wait for release. A lot of people will not ring it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums