Home

promises in the dark...

Posted By: white marlin

promises in the dark... - 02/15/21 07:03 PM

what kind of headlamp do you use and why?

Thanks!
Posted By: warrior

Re: promises in the dark... - 02/15/21 07:11 PM

I really like my streamlight bandit.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: promises in the dark... - 02/15/21 07:18 PM

I have 3

stream light that pops on a ball cap rechargeable handyy decent light but only about an hour on high or 2 on low usb mini

a Black Diamond that runs on 3AAA looks like they have discontinued that model red and white , dimmable I like red light for walking to a stand , my experience it doesn't spook animals the same way have climbed up in my stand hearing a buck about 50 yards in fromt of me and at fistlight he had only moved about 7 yards trying to circle around me that put him 25 yards behind me , shot him and was gutted and back tot he house by 8

a Klien tools rechargeable , it has a 200 lumen spot about 7 hour run time 100 lumen flood 14 hour run time or 300 lumen both at about 4 hour run time
it is a little bigger and heavier white only only the 3 settings usb type c it warns when low bad by flashing then if you turn to 100 lumen flood you get about 45 more minutes
I work on things in the dark , I toss on the headlamp and the light is where I want it when for a few months you see light as you start work and get off work and other than that on weekends you just figure out how to work on things in the dark especially snow removal my old snow blower didn't have a light and the new one has it shining into the chute the klien is mounted on a Klein hard hat most comfortable to wear that way . they have the mounting built right in.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: promises in the dark... - 02/15/21 07:22 PM

I bought a western river rechargeable light on a soft ball cap about six years ago. I use it for trapping, hunting skining, and chores . It's never went dead and I've went months and months without charging it. I haven't even noticed it getting dim. Makes me wonder how many hrs it would go on a charge .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums