Home

Montana trappers fur sale.

Posted By: wissmiss

Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/16/21 07:11 AM

The Montana Trappers Association is sponsoring the Western States Fur Auction this up coming weekend. February 19-20.

Park County Fairgrounds in Livingston, Montana. Sealed bid sale. Multiple buyers. Here is a link to more details.

https://www.montanatrappers.org/fur-auction.htm

Brian and his crew put in a lot of effort to make this sale happen and appreciate your support and cooperation. They are abiding by the guidelines set out by the county and state health people.

Only 50 people in the building at one time. Trappers can bring in their fur to check in and then must leave. 50 people add up fast when you consider buyers and their helpers plus the people running the sale.

Masks MUST be worn by everyone at all times. That is the county rule and the sale can be shut down if folks don’t follow that rule.

This sale is NOT the time or place to vent your frustrations with mask wearing. If you want to make a statement by not wearing a mask, do that some place else, not at this fur sale. Please do not ruin the sale for the trappers and buyers trying to do business.

And especially do NOT hassle the folks running the sale. The mask wearing is not their rule. Be considerate. Thank you.
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/16/21 12:31 PM

Looks like a nice sale. Good luck to everyone.

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/16/21 05:56 PM

Back up
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/16/21 06:03 PM

Very well said, Nancy. Thanks for posting this. Best of luck to all the sellers.
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/16/21 06:55 PM

Nice job MT guys for making it happen.

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/17/21 06:25 PM

Back up again.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/17/21 10:08 PM

Ttt
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/17/21 10:35 PM

I am not sure what the "big deal" is about wearing a mask. We are wearing them all the time here in Oregon, just wear a mask, just think you might save a life! And it could be yours or someone you love!

Scott

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/21/21 02:10 PM

Any one have results from the sale or is it too early??
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/21/21 03:04 PM

Maybe no one showed up?

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/21/21 07:33 PM

Did they actually have an auction maybe cancelled.

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/21/21 07:41 PM

I’m quite sure they had an auction. Probably still recovering. A lot of work goes into putting on a sale and I imagine they had a lot of furnto sell.

Results will probably be available in a day or two.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/21/21 08:38 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/21/21 10:57 PM

Looks like you did well on multiple species, beating other options. I bet your members are pleased!

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/21/21 11:35 PM

Unless they were selling ermine. 18.2% sold is pathetic.........
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/21/21 11:40 PM

Well the only thing that didn't sell were ermine.
Looks like a great sale best coon prices I've seen so far. And great otter prices.

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 12:04 AM

Not a lot of fur, fox looked ok for what prices have been as of late and yeah big surprise with coon and badger.
Posted By: Poorcoon

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 01:35 AM

Wow! Them raccoon and Badger prices completely blow out of the water any price I've heard anywhere all around anywhere for this entire year
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Poorcoon
Wow! Them raccoon and Badger prices completely blow out of the water any price I've heard anywhere all around anywhere for this entire year

Otter as well, more than double the going price anywhere else, but it is most like due to the limited quantities of those species, and some local craft demand.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 02:05 AM

Are there not a lot of bobcats there? Those are some serious prices. Are the prices high because of the low numbers or are their cats just that superior.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 02:09 AM

Good deal, looking up
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Are there not a lot of bobcats there? Those are some serious prices. Are the prices high because of the low numbers or are their cats just that superior.

Those are far from high prices. One best in show and the rest between $50 and $300
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 02:49 AM

Amazing beaver prices compared to what I've been hearing lately! Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss

At least they get them back ( hopefully ) and can find somebody paying more than a dollar. A dollar is kind of cheap. IMO

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 03:13 AM

Those cat prices are the lowest prices at that sale in years they have been going down since 2013 check the prices in past years, most years in the mid $300 several years higher. Yes there are some great cats in areas of the rocky Mountains and best out of Nevada as a whole. Very small number of cats as well as other fur there also this year. Coyotes last year averaged I think in the mid $70s

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by wissmiss

At least they get them back ( hopefully ) and can find somebody paying more than a dollar. A dollar is kind of cheap. IMO

Depends on the ermine. $1.00 would be a top lot price on some pelts that show up at the sales. Just saying.........
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

If you ever get a chance to put your hands on a western high plains bobcat it will give you an appreciation for the term "superior."
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 04:37 AM

Is this sale's buyers more of the novelty market type?

Those seem like higher than "normal" prices for the current market.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Montana trappers fur sale. - 02/22/21 11:26 AM

Ttt...good looking prices
© 2024 Trapperman Forums