Home

Coyote attack

Posted By: MJM

Coyote attack - 02/19/21 07:29 PM

Another coyote attack on jogger reported in Stanley Park, conservation officers say
Coyote attacks rare, but several have been noted in Stanley Park this year
CBC News · Posted: Feb 18, 2021 4:30 PM PT | Last Updated: February 18

According to Wildsafe B.C., more human injuries are caused by domestic dogs than coyotes in North America. (Harry Collins Photography/Shutterstock)

Conservation Officers are reporting another person bitten by a coyote in Stanley Park and ask people to avoid the area where the attack occurred.

In a statement on Facebook, the Conservation Officer Service said a man was bitten at approximately 7 p.m. PT Wednesday evening while jogging along the seawall, southeast of the Lions Gate Bridge.

The man was bitten on the right calf, the conservation service said, and was treated at hospital. Conservation officers arrived on the scene but could not find the coyote.

The conservation service said they will have an "enhanced" presence in Stanley Park Thursday to respond to any reports.

For now, the message is to stay away.

"If you are jogging along the seawall, there is a risk you may encounter an aggressive coyote," the statement read.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Coyote attack - 02/19/21 11:13 PM

Good for trapping.
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Coyote attack - 02/19/21 11:21 PM

Somebody gets bit in the arse by a coyote... and i can't even get one to step in a trap! lol
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Coyote attack - 02/20/21 12:09 AM

What state?
Posted By: MJM

Re: Coyote attack - 02/20/21 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
What state?

British Columbia Canada
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Coyote attack - 02/20/21 01:42 AM

I thought is was something liberal state that didn’t want trapping or hunting.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Coyote attack - 02/20/21 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I thought is was something liberal state that didn’t want trapping or hunting.

Well he couldn't carry a small hand gun and shoot it to get it to let go up there I don't believe. I have a few small 380s that are small enough there is never a reason not to have it. Had he not been restricted it would be dead and not running loose.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums