Home

Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress

Posted By: Pike River

Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 01:24 PM

Wish everyone well that got a tag!

Let us know what and how you're doing. Post pics if you're comfortable!

Go Get Them!
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 01:27 PM

X2
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 02:07 PM

Awsome Waiting

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 06:21 PM

I've heard of some being taken in Sawyer already. No pics yet though.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 06:23 PM

I know of one taken near Winter.
Posted By: Dylan Phelps124

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 07:52 PM

Following. Super excited for you guys!
Posted By: That Fool

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 07:56 PM

lets the pics and vids roll in, goot luq ya'll
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 07:59 PM

good luck to all ,
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 08:26 PM

Hope you all fill a tag!

Chris
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 10:17 PM

If someone has a tag I might know a guy with hounds that Is looking for a tag holder.
Posted By: big momma

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 10:26 PM

If anyone needs a spot in zone 1 they have been in three days straight
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 10:27 PM

I drew a tag hopefully I can get lucky. Will be in zone 5.
Posted By: JSell

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 10:34 PM

I know of 8 taken in Eau Claire County this morning.
Posted By: corky

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 11:09 PM

The tribes just cut the take in half unless they intend to hunt their "brother wolves". Disgusting.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...lves-wisconsin-february-hunt/4543149001/
Posted By: maurob

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/22/21 11:23 PM

Hope a bunch get taken out along the border with the U.P. smile
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 03:35 AM

Best of luck fellas.
If you run short, we can send you some.
Posted By: Foxlaketrapper

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 05:16 AM

Send them to south Dakota no quota just shot on sight year around. Still trying to get my first one.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 12:36 PM

No pics yet???

Any pics make it to Facebook yet??? I don't have it.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 01:08 PM

I did see 1 on facebook but it was only a belly shot and wasn't sure if it was troll bait.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 03:26 PM

I heard that 100 wolves have been registered. Don't know If that's fact or fiction.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 03:29 PM

I hope everyone is taking full advantage of the 24 hour registration rule...no reason to register a harvest any sooner than is required. All it will do is allow them to shut the season down sooner. It's our time to return the favor.
Posted By: WIMarshRAT

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
I heard that 100 wolves have been registered. Don't know If that's fact or fiction.

Well the tribe took out 81 of the 200 quota on the first day. I have heard conflicting reports on numbers actually registered so I guess I will wait for the state to release numbers.

Edit. Here is some reliable info.

The 2020-2021 wolf harvest season finally got underway yesterday, and through 8 a.m. this morning, 52 wolves had already been reported. Hunters and trappers have 24 hours to report harvests.
Many people living in wolf country have never seen a wolf, yet hunters and trappers are able to rapidly fill quotas. That's a testament to just how many wolves are really out there.
In the coming months, the DNR's Wolf Committee will be taking the first steps to update the State Wolf Plan. There are groups and individuals who will lobby the agency to raise its minimum population goal (currently 350) significantly. Farmers, hunters and businesses in wolf country will likely push back strongly against that.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 03:49 PM

According to the DNR website, as of 8:00 am this morning, 52 wolves have been harvested.

No zones are closed yet.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by BvrRetriever
I hope everyone is taking full advantage of the 24 hour registration rule...no reason to register a harvest any sooner than is required. All it will do is allow them to shut the season down sooner. It's our time to return the favor.

Use the rules to your fullest advantage guys....keep the season open as long as possible.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 04:06 PM

Zone 2, 5, and 6 will close tomorrow at 10AM according to website.
[Linked Image]

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by WIMarshRAT
Zone 2, 5, and 6 will close tomorrow at 10AM according to website.

What a joke.
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 04:12 PM

Here is the breakdown by zone as of today, 2/23 at 10 AM.

Dave

[Linked Image]
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 04:18 PM

Zones 2 5 and 6 close tomorrow at 10am.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 04:59 PM

Can you register a wolf you haven't caught yet, in case you catch him later?
It would make for a longer, more relaxing season.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 04:59 PM

So the natives don't actually hunt any?
Why not double the quota so it balances out.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 05:11 PM

I think the powers in the DNR are quite happy with high wolf numbers. Their own population goal is 350 wolves, one third of the current population. They are wanting to raise the population goal, not reduce the population. Until they change their thinking we will have an over abundance of wolves in most of the northern part of the state.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 05:18 PM

Let’s appeal the closure. Lol

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 06:55 PM

Zones are already at or over and season doesnt stop until tomorrow.

https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/hunt/wolf/index.html
Posted By: k snow

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 06:56 PM

Makes up for the ones the Indians won't shoot.
Posted By: Dylan Phelps124

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 07:17 PM

This seems more like a wolf trapping derby than a season.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 07:19 PM

Any data on trapped vs. hunted numbers?
Posted By: deerfly

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 09:08 PM

A pic from zone 6 my dad sent me this morning
[Linked Image]

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 09:14 PM

They are shutting it all down tomorrow...

https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/hun...UKhwold_x2_Cn2aTst4h238v2F_MDPKMBvtkt4bc

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by deerfly
A pic from zone 6 my dad sent me this morning
[Linked Image]

All hunted?

Would love to see some photos of trapped.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 09:40 PM

Well a least 3 of them from what I can see aren't worth skinning. And the one is questionable.
Posted By: Line Jumper

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 09:56 PM

Why close zone 1 tomorrow? 9 of 31 they must expect a good day tomorrow. What a joke of a season, I am sure glad I went for the preference point instead of the tag. But if I draw this fall I will have a few days to catch an un-prime wolf before they shut down the season, what a joke. They need to split the tags hunting and trapping and give the trapper a chance, and why take the Natives 1/2 out of the quota, don't they have to go by the season dates too? If they plan to harvest any.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Line Jumper
Why close zone 1 tomorrow? 9 of 31 they must expect a good day tomorrow. What a joke of a season, I am sure glad I went for the preference point instead of the tag. But if I draw this fall I will have a few days to catch an un-prime wolf before they shut down the season, what a joke. They need to split the tags hunting and trapping and give the trapper a chance, and why take the Natives 1/2 out of the quota, don't they have to go by the season dates too? If they plan to harvest any.

Right on...there will be some takeaways from this short two day season for sure!

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 09:58 PM

In a small quota season trappers are at a big disadvantage unless they already have a coyote line out. There are way too many wolves, so any legal way they are harvested is good with me.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 10:10 PM

What about the non-resident tags, they have to wait until Monday morning to find out if they got a tag, then travel here and find out the season is closed. Maybe they will return their money plus expenses, any bets.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 10:21 PM

Any nonresident that got in this one and didn't have a plan to already be here on Monday wasn't thinking clearly. We gavve out twice the tags and had a quota that was comparable to first season when population was not nearly this size. There was a reason I was so confident that any money the antis threw into it was was never going to save a wolf. Candidly it probably killed a few more.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 10:52 PM

Any nonresident that got in this one and didn't have a plan to already be here on Monday wasn't thinking clearly. We gavve out twice the tags and had a quota that was comparable to first season when population was not nearly this size. There was a reason I was so confident that any money the antis threw into it was was never going to save a wolf. Candidly it probably killed a few more.

I see your point, the non-resident trapper would have to already know an area, be there Monday morning, if they drew, set some traps and or cable restraints and enjoy their two morning check.

I want to trap a wolf, most places I have trapped they come through every week or two, so unless I am extremely Lucky, (which I am not) my odds of getting a wolf are slim.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 11:10 PM

This needs to happen. Trappers start one year and hunters the next season.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 8117 Steve R

In a small quota season trappers are at a big disadvantage unless they already have a coyote line out. There are way too many wolves, so any legal way they are harvested is good with me.

x2
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 11:19 PM

I really hope they are keeping the data on wolves killed with dogs vs. trapping, etc. in the various zones.

Moosetrot
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/23/21 11:22 PM

52 in a couple days that is encouraging. Many may be upset about the short notice, short season and fast closings but the fact that with limited prep time etc. that many wolves have been harvested in my opinion bodes very well for season with fairly high quotas for this fall or coming seasons. The fact that the tribes are able to garner 40% of the tags needs to be taken into consideration if we want to keep wolves in the more wolf habitat areas and not in the more farm and livestock regions. Wolves being territorial the dispersing need space and habitat for their area and the more wolves in the more preferred wolf habitat the further the dispersing wolves need to travel. I don't know what the tribes are calculating as to what they want or feel is needed for wolf population in their ceded areas. Historically with mature forests for many many years there would likely have been far fewer deer in the north and maybe even fewer beaver with less young aspen, birch and alder. Which means there was less prey for wolves so it is only a guess what the population was pre white settlement.

Bryce

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
52 in a couple days that is encouraging. Many may be upset about the short notice, short season and fast closings but the fact that with limited prep time etc. that many wolves have been harvested in my opinion bodes very well for season with fairly high quotas for this fall or coming seasons. The fact that the tribes are able to garner 40% of the tags needs to be taken into consideration if we want to keep wolves in the more wolf habitat areas and not in the more farm and livestock regions. Wolves being territorial the dispersing need space and habitat for their area and the more wolves in the more preferred wolf habitat the further the dispersing wolves need to travel. I don't know what the tribes are calculating as to what they want or feel is needed for wolf population in their ceded areas. Historically with mature forests for many many years there would likely have been far fewer deer in the north and maybe even fewer beaver with less young aspen, birch and alder. Which means there was less prey for wolves so it is only a guess what the population was pre white settlement.

Bryce

I agree with most of what you say. But let’s be clear, the natives did not take 40% of the tags. They took 50% of the QUOTA in the ceded territory. That is way way worse than taking tags! Let them have the tags and let the harvest happen.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 12:11 AM

They took both in my understanding. We only issued around 2100 tags and quota was reduced to 119.

We don't need sperate seasons. Normal seasons start the first Saturday in November. Trappers have the advantage and it shows in all our data up to this point.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 12:15 AM

Usually no snow in November to run dogs with.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 12:19 AM

I noticed 6 trucks with dog boxes with dogs inside heading down a country road this morning in Oneida County. Glad to hear that wolves were harvested. Would be nice to see a full season with a more generous harvest quota as there are no shortages of wolves here in the northwoods!

Chris

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 12:34 AM

The snow and good conditions really helped the houndsmen. they are wackin and stakin. In a regular season , before snow the trappers have a better shot and will fill most of the quota. There is a lot of beer be'in drank in zone 1 tonite.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 12:41 AM

They took both in my understanding. We only issued around 2100 tags and quota was reduced to 119.

We don't need sperate seasons. Normal seasons start the first Saturday in November. Trappers have the advantage and it shows in all our data up to this point.

Well if the ceded territory wants to protect the wolf, maybe we do need separate seasons. Let them sleep in their own bed.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 12:45 AM

Oops
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 02:42 AM

Well a least 3 of them from what I can see aren't worth skinning. And the one is questionable.

Did you expect them to be good this late?

Nice job wisconsonites!.
Keep hammering them.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 02:53 AM

No but I tried to convince Nimzy as to that Issue.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 03:59 AM

Typical hound handled goods. Kinda like grading drown coon.

Definitely hunter advantage. Glad they got their season and pleased they tagged out.

Nimzy: no tag and zero preference points, not a fan of trophies.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 03:58 PM

This needs to happen. Trappers start one year and hunters the next season.

Beav, I'd like to see an alternating start too...but there are issues with that. The biggest issue I see is that hound hunting wolves in November just isn't practical for several reasons. No snow and it would clash big time with the all mighty deer rut.

Maybe a solution is to have wolf season from January 1 through February 15. Pelts would be more prime at this time of the year and deer season would be over allowing better land access. The first week of the season could be alternated every other year between trapping and hunting. Similar to bear hunting where sitters go first one year and then hounds the next.

I don't know the answer but something needs to change.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 04:10 PM

We don't want two seasons IMO. Nothing good comes from it and it just pits different user groups against each other.

The current framework is fine and especially for upcoming seasons when we are likely to see much larger quotas as we finally make a dent in population. This season was only going to last a week max which put huge pressure on front end of season. Never mind, we also had twice the number of tags issued.

Look at the last season. We still had two zones that stayed open into December.

2014-15 Wolf Harvest

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 04:10 PM

This season was an anomaly. Usually trappers are at an advantage or at least equal footing because in November there is usually little or no tracking snow so houndsmen end up chasing bears, coons and bobcats instead of wolves. This year with deep fresh snow due to the late opening the hound guys had an advantage and made the most of it. More power to them. Let's not let jealousy due to an abnormal season lead to infighting. We've got enough enemies without turning on each other. I'm just happy there are fewer wolves.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 04:15 PM

Looks like the total is up to 135 animals with some hunting open until 3pm still.
Posted By: That Fool

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 05:39 PM

Awesome! Hopefully I will have chance this weekend to hunt, may be blizzardly though

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 05:41 PM

I will be the same cluster next year right out of the starting gate. The only way to lengthen the season Is to have a higher quota. And I don't see that happening.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 07:43 PM

162 so far, 1 hr to go.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 07:44 PM

And 24 hours to report, looks good

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 07:45 PM

I will be the same cluster next year right out of the starting gate. The only way to lengthen the season Is to have a higher quota. And I don't see that happening.

Why? The Board went with a conservative quota this year and said as much.

The fact that the board has ordered the department to have plan done and ready to bring before them before next season shows just how serious they are. Department is going to have hard time justifying keeping wolves at same levels when they refused to hold a season. Its going to be contentious.

If I was a Board member(thankfully I am not), I would be quick to remind the department the last time they showed any true desire to manage wolves responsibly we had about 650 wolves on landscape based on their modeling. We are nearly double now which puts tremendous pressure on going down. That means we need a quota of at least 40% for consecutive years to slightly reduce population. 40% of 1200 puts us at a quota of nearly 500 wolves. I am not convinced that 500 will get us to 40%--especially if we can transfer some of the waste out of the system.

I think we can get that if folks are ready to get to work.

Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 07:48 PM

At least there is now a open season.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 09:04 PM

162 registered as of 3:00 p.m. today.

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 09:08 PM

Update: 178 registered at 3:07.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Update: 178 registered at 3:07.

Moosetrot

Thanks for the update
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 09:10 PM

Food for thought As much as we may not like two or split seasons this fast harvest was completed not only because there are many wolves on the landscape the snow and use of hounds made a lot of difference in my estimation. Having a quota and November season more designed for trapping and trappers comes at a time when many other dog hunters such as waterfowl and grouse are at lower numbers and wolves are better furred. Having a second season with snow cover can also come when there are fewer other outdoor activities as well and maybe earlier then this one, with a quota as well. There are negatives to every option but one that fits a wider breadth of interested users seeking a limited resource makes sense to me. This season probably will be the quickest and easiest for some time as animals get wiser when thinned and pressured but then that will make the harvest more interesting and rewarding. Yes splitting seasons will pit user groups against each other but then dealing with our differences is part of becoming mature adults.

Bryce

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 09:13 PM

If we have a season next Nov the quota will be filled even sooner since everybody will be ready and have all their coyote/wolf sets already In operation.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 09:15 PM

The Bear hound hunters and bait sitters have done it that way for years. Why not for Wolves?

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 09:33 PM

Maybe just maybe they could split the permits between the dog hunters and the trappers. I think they do that In Michigan for the bobcat harvest.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 09:50 PM

Maybe just maybe they could split the permits between the dog hunters and the trappers. I think they do that In Michigan for the bobcat harvest.

There you go, I dont see a down side.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 10:40 PM

Yup, split the tags hunting( not just hounds) and trapping, and run the season from? Same as the coyote trapping season?

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 10:42 PM

And if you're over 62 you get all season to fill your tag, boy I don't ask for much!

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 10:44 PM

And if you're over 80 you can use an airplane!
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 11:39 PM

Imo I don't want hounds running around chasing wolves while I'm out deer hunting. Not saying wolves can't be hunted or trapped during the deer firearm season like coyotes, just not with dogs.

A second concern as a trapper ... last thing I want is to catch someone's hunting hound in a coyote or larger wolf foot trap. As trappers we have a large PR concern with the general public as it relates to domestic animals now. Imagine how that goes went hunting dogs get the scent at a trapper' wolf set and steps in a 'wolfer' trap. Education is a great thing and has gone a long way; but getting a dog out of a wolf trap which many need setter isn't something we can expect the general public to accomplish. Much easier to release a dog from a CR as allowed during late season trapping. I don't know if there were any issues this season in that regard, or what the ratio of hound hunters to trappers was; but it's something that I think needs consideration going forward.

Two separate wolf seasons is not the worst idea. Seasons that manage the resource and equalize the opportunities between the 'take' methods based on good regional statistics in addition to not interfering with other sporting opportunities available to all Wisconsin sportspersons.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/24/21 11:58 PM

I forgot about deer hunting, how about separate tags and each gets a month, Dec or Jan alternating each year. Just brainstorming here.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Scott__aR
Imo I don't want hounds running around chasing wolves while I'm out deer hunting. Not saying wolves can't be hunted or trapped during the deer firearm season like coyotes, just not with dogs.

A second concern as a trapper ... last thing I want is to catch someone's hunting hound in a coyote or larger wolf foot trap. As trappers we have a large PR concern with the general public as it relates to domestic animals now. Imagine how that goes went hunting dogs get the scent at a trapper' wolf set and steps in a 'wolfer' trap. Education is a great thing and has gone a long way; but getting a dog out of a wolf trap which many need setter isn't something we can expect the general public to accomplish. Much easier to release a dog from a CR as allowed during late season trapping. I don't know if there were any issues this season in that regard, or what the ratio of hound hunters to trappers was; but it's something that I think needs consideration going forward.

Two separate wolf seasons is not the worst idea. Seasons that manage the resource and equalize the opportunities between the 'take' methods based on good regional statistics in addition to not interfering with other sporting opportunities available to all Wisconsin sportspersons.

Agree with your thinking.

Chris
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by corky
This season was an anomaly. Usually trappers are at an advantage or at least equal footing because in November there is usually little or no tracking snow so houndsmen end up chasing bears, coons and bobcats instead of wolves. This year with deep fresh snow due to the late opening the hound guys had an advantage and made the most of it. More power to them. Let's not let jealousy due to an abnormal season lead to infighting. We've got enough enemies without turning on each other. I'm just happy there are fewer wolves.

Best post on the whole thread. Yes the hound hunters had an advantage this season. They've been losing dogs to wolves for years. Good time for a little pay back! As far as length of season. I don't believe it will ever run very long. We had 3 kill seasons in the past. I drew a tag for the second one. This zone closed in 3 days that year. If I remember correctly it opened in October that year. If you want to trap a wolf. You had better be right on them. You need to be in their core area. Not on the outer edges. Best do your homework. I live in zone 5. Wolves are increasing more every year. Have them on my bear baits regularly. Most at one time was 11. Had a hunter video 3 on a stand he was on for 15 minutes. They need to up the quota tremendously. There population estimates are way low in my opinion. To fill the quota in a few days should tell you that.
Posted By: Twisted metal

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:08 AM

I have caught hounds in my traps nearly a dozen times over the past few years with the some of the hunters actually calling to tell me tell me about it so I didn’t think someone stole my catch. Most dog hunters around me are good people and I support them even when a few hounds mess up my sets or day in the deer stand.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:12 AM

That's what they do in PA with trapping season first then hunting season after. If u don't score trapping u can let the dogs loose later!!!

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted metal

I have caught hounds in my traps nearly a dozen times over the past few years with the some of the hunters actually calling to tell me tell me about it so I didn’t think someone stole my catch. Most dog hunters around me are good people and I support them even when a few hounds mess up my sets or day in the deer stand.

X2

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:24 AM

Two separate wolf seasons is not the worst idea. Seasons that manage the resource and equalize the opportunities between the 'take' methods based on good regional statistics in addition to not interfering with other sporting opportunities available to all Wisconsin sportspersons.[/quote

All the ones I caught were released by their owners. They all had tracking collars on! All I had to do was remake set! Dogs don't usually fight a trap and don't injure their foot any.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:56 AM

4:00 p.m.-182

Moosetrot
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 01:10 AM

Autumn hunting and trapping of wolves is problematic. This naturally lessens as winter wears on.
Conflict on use of the land (hounds running through while hunters are on deer stands, catching bird dogs, etc) and the resulting PR need to be thoughtfully addressed.

We need all the support we can get on wolf seasons.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 01:34 AM

IMO we don't need wolfer sized traps. I believe coyote sized trap hold our wolves fine. And they can be made dog friendly.
Posted By: Fox Claw

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 01:45 AM

Why? The Board went with a conservative quota this year and said as much.

The fact that the board has ordered the department to have plan done and ready to bring before them before next season shows just how serious they are. Department is going to have hard time justifying keeping wolves at same levels when they refused to hold a season. Its going to be contentious.

If I was a Board member(thankfully I am not), I would be quick to remind the department the last time they showed any true desire to manage wolves responsibly we had about 650 wolves on landscape based on their modeling. We are nearly double now which puts tremendous pressure on going down. That means we need a quota of at least 40% for consecutive years to slightly reduce population. 40% of 1200 puts us at a quota of nearly 500 wolves. I am not convinced that 500 will get us to 40%--especially if we can transfer some of the waste out of the system.

I think we can get that if folks are ready to get to work.

Did you listen in to today's NRB meeting? Good stuff. Keith Warnke appeared before the board and they flat out told him that the current management plan calls for a goal of 350 and their plan for fall harvest quota's best adhere to that or the NRB will make adjustments. They also voiced that the kill over the last 3 days does not support the population model the DNR has in place. That Warnke is like a robot, no personality, and never seems to know the answer when the NRB asks a question about what he's in charge of. Anyway, it was nice to see that today. Next board meeting in in two months and NRB told Warnke they want all committees in place and a schedule for meetings nailed down by then.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 01:46 AM

4:00 p.m.-182

Moosetrot

Love it

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 02:37 AM

Has anyone heard from AJE? If there was one guy that was pumped up about this he was. I hope he drew a permit and got one!!!!!!

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 02:59 AM

[/quote]
Did you listen in to today's NRB meeting? Good stuff. Keith Warnke appeared before the board and they flat out told him that the current management plan calls for a goal of 350 and their plan for fall harvest quota's best adhere to that or the NRB will make adjustments. They also voiced that the kill over the last 3 days does not support the population model the DNR has in place. That Warnke is like a robot, no personality, and never seems to know the answer when the NRB asks a question about what he's in charge of. Anyway, it was nice to see that today. Next board meeting in in two months and NRB told Warnke they want all committees in place and a schedule for meetings nailed down by then.[/quote]

Was this meeting recorded? I did not have the chance to hear it and I’d love to listen to it.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 03:15 AM

The north woods are already full of trappers trapping bobcats and coyotes with wolf sized traps. How big of a problem has It been? Let's not make this a bigger deal then It Is.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 03:43 AM

Was this meeting recorded? I did not have the chance to hear it and I’d love to listen to it.[/quote]

You can listen and watch a recording of the meeting in the NRB area of the DNR website. I just did and they seemed to hold Warnke's feet to the fire about the management goal of 350 and how the DNR is going to achieve it. It is toward the end of the meeting.

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 03:44 AM

https://dnrmedia.wi.gov/main/Play/6...talog=9da0bb432fd448a69d86756192a62f1721
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 03:47 AM

The wolf discussion starts at the 3 hour and 51 minute mark.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 03:53 AM

The north woods are already full of trappers trapping bobcats and coyotes with wolf sized traps. How big of a problem has It been? Let's not make this a bigger deal then It Is.

Just saying there will be more dogs in the woods. Statistically the opportunity for an incident increases ... there should be some consideration given, imo. Nothing against hound hunting, love the sport!

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 03:57 AM

To my buddies in Wisconsin, if they are going to put together a new wolf advisory committee, I'll wager it's the agenda of the administration to try and cut quota. Keep a watchful eye on them

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 04:06 AM

Another interesting not to trapper at the 1 hour 59 minute mark the discuss potential new tagging requirements. If this happens I'll have to eat crow and say you cheeseheads are really getting your stuff together!

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 04:08 AM

I watched that too. Common sense requirements in Wisconsin? Whodathunkit?

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

The wolf discussion starts at the 3 hour and 51 minute mark.

Thank you. I scrubbed past it the first time.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 04:31 AM

Another interesting not to trapper at the 1 hour 59 minute mark the discuss potential new tagging requirements. If this happens I'll have to eat crow and say you cheeseheads are really getting your stuff together!

Yes, I was happy to hear this also. It’s long over due. In light of the current fur market, it really helps with gas and time invested in a low dollar pelt.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 04:42 AM

Read where the antis are all up In arms that the wolf quota was exceeded.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 04:45 AM

Can get a lot done when everyone wants to push together. Even better when folks are not pushing against it.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 04:52 AM

Read where the antis are all up In arms that the wolf quota was exceeded.

They didn't buy enough permits Beav. Looks like we need to encourage them to buy a few more next time.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 06:21 AM

Not much info there except the same groups that set the past quotas will be developing the quotas for this fall. That and it clear to me that this past 3 day wolf hunt quotas did nothing to follow the existing management plan currently in place.
Posted By: keets

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:09 PM

quota needs to be set at least 1000.....1500 better yet

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:16 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye
[Linked Image]

Looks like zone 6 should be split into 2 zones looking at how quickly the quota was filled there. I wonder what counties were the heaviest in zone 6.

All the anti- junk I've seen in the last week, I would be for live trapping and transporting to SE Wisconsin. The Root River and Milwaukee River corridors would be great places to re-establish some packs.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 12:28 PM

Pike River- I was searching for more granularity in Zone 6 for the same reason and question.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 01:05 PM

Can get a lot done when everyone wants to push together. Even better when folks are not pushing against it.

I’m not following. Isn’t the department part of everyone?

I figure without that lawsuit this whole thing would have been a non event.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by nimzy

I’m not following. Isn’t the department part of everyone?

I figure without that lawsuit this whole thing would have been a non event.

We are eliminating in-person registration for otter and fisher. See how easy that is when they work with us?

Now compare to wolf. You are right. They would have gotten away with it without the lawsuit. But that because a bunch were too timid to fight. Let's wait until next year cost us a month and probably another couple hundred wolves..

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 01:50 PM

Why not cats? They focus on value and currently the only value is on trophies. Otter are varmints. Their only benefit is they look cool and are fun to watch, thus they leave that impression on people. If they went to $200 it would be another story. The department is expert at the stall. Why?

Hunter nation ROCKS

Forgive me I’m all over the place lol

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by keets
quota needs to be set at least 1000.....1500 better yet

Here is old math:

state goal(carrying capacity)==350.

Population next year after pups are born and new undocumented migrants =1500

1500-350=1150. Quota should equal 1150

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 02:04 PM

213 as of 8 am

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 02:07 PM

Justin I hope you guys get the tagging stuff finalized. When you do I will make a push to have MN to follow suit.

Nothing aggregates me more then driving to register an animal and the mileage exceeds the value of the fur.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by 8117 Steve R
213 as of 8 am

[Linked Image]

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 02:47 PM

Justin I hope you guys get the tagging stuff finalized. When you do I will make a push to have MN to follow suit.

Nothing aggregates me more then driving to register an animal and the mileage exceeds the value of the fur.

The Board adopted it so I am not sure if there is really anything in the way now. Fox Claw understands the process better than most so he can correct me if I am wrong.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 03:47 PM

To my buddies in Wisconsin, if they are going to put together a new wolf advisory committee, I'll wager it's the agenda of the administration to try and cut quota. Keep a watchful eye on them

This is a legitimate concern. Not only within the DNR, but the NRB. The board has two members whose terms expire at the end May - Prehn and Anderson. I'm worried the current administration is going to replace them. Probably with some urban softies.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fox Claw

This is a legitimate concern. Not only within the DNR, but the NRB. The board has two members whose terms expire at the end May - Prehn and Anderson. I'm worried the current administration is going to replace them. Probably with some urban softies.

I think that this might be tough as Prehn reapplied and the senate is held by Republicans. So unless Senate Republicans sign off on it, Prehn isn't going any where in May. Based on his comments in recent board meetings and the fact he ran again for Chair with May looming, shows he is committed to seeing this out. It is my understanding that Julie is leaving, but I don't think that changes numbers even if Senate allows a replacement for her.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 05:01 PM

Prehn reapplied and the senate is held by Republicans. So unless Senate Republicans sign off on it, Prehn isn't going any where in May.

Good deal, need him

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 06:47 PM

215 at Noon today!

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 07:33 PM

There's a DNR press briefing today at 3:30pm about the wolf season, on Zoom, I can't attend:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MNEric

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 07:33 PM

What do you have to register the animal

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by MNEric

Need to turn in pelt for tagging and carcass for research.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 07:39 PM

There's a DNR press briefing today at 3:30pm about the wolf season, on Zoom, I can't attend:

[Linked Image]

Is that EST?

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 07:41 PM

You'll need to contact the DNR for a link to the meeting, and Wisconsin is in the central time zone

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 07:47 PM

You'll need to contact the DNR for a link to the meeting, and Wisconsin is in the central time zone

Thanks

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

Need to turn in pelt for tagging and carcass for research.

So on another thread where someone asked if an anti can cheat the system should not be possible, correct?

That is good

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 09:25 PM

216 at 3 p.m. Probably it or somebody's in trouble.

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 09:37 PM

Live on Wisconsin Eye now:

https://wiseye.org/2021/02/25/news-conference-wi-dnr-2021-wolf-harvest/

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 10:27 PM

This don't work. I think I'm too late!!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/25/21 11:54 PM

Very interesting thread. I have not kept up with the history of the WI in specific and the WGL wolf status over the past few years but it sounds like quite a change has happened just now. Here's the chronologically as I think I know it, would love to have it fully expanded so I can tell other people about it.

Sometime during the BO admin, the USFWS takes the WGL wolves off of the E&T list, what year was that again?
All (or was it only WI & MN but not MI?) WGL states had wolf seasons. What years were those and any overall ballpark numbers of wolves taken??
Fed District Court judge (in DC) takes away state regulation of wolf as a game animal during the Trump admin because wolf had to be "restored" in all of its historical range. What year was that, 2017?
In 2020, things changed and fed judge order thrown out and control of the WGL region wolves returned to state control, correct?
Jan 2021, WI court orders state government to hold a wolf season?

How far off do I have things??

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 02:02 AM

How'd it go??
Posted By: Thomist84

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 02:17 AM

Was at work, wisconsin guy here, love to hear!

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Very interesting thread. I have not kept up with the history of the WI in specific and the WGL wolf status over the past few years but it sounds like quite a change has happened just now. Here's the chronologically as I think I know it, would love to have it fully expanded so I can tell other people about it.

Sometime during the BO admin, the USFWS takes the WGL wolves off of the E&T list, what year was that again?
All (or was it only WI & MN but not MI?) WGL states had wolf seasons. What years were those and any overall ballpark numbers of wolves taken??
Fed District Court judge (in DC) takes away state regulation of wolf as a game animal during the Trump admin because wolf had to be "restored" in all of its historical range. What year was that, 2017?
In 2020, things changed and fed judge order thrown out and control of the WGL region wolves returned to state control, correct?
Jan 2021, WI court orders state government to hold a wolf season?

How far off do I have things??

We had a season 12-13 13-14 14-15. High harvest was 257 in 2013. 117 in 2012 and 154 in 2014. Added back to list at end of 14-15 season.

2020 Trump administration decided to delist again. Official notice happened at end of October with effectiveness being January 4th I believe.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 02:48 AM

How'd it go??

Folks should watch it. https://youtu.be/MpcsTbiH3RQ

I think department was struggling to answer the same questions over and over again. The folks asking questions had very little understanding of wolf harvest and what it means to harvest 216 wolves. Glad to see Keith finally able to answer a question with out talking in circles and it was better to see the large carnivore specialist answering questions.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 03:21 AM

We had a season 12-13 13-14 14-15. High harvest was less than 250. Added back to list at end of 14-15 season.

2020 Trump administration decided to delist again. Official notice happened at end of October with effectiveness being January 4th I believe.

Thanks WIMarshRAT!!

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 01:55 PM

Here's one taken with a predator call SW of Glidden, fur don't look to bad. [Linked Image]
Posted By: #furdaddy

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 04:23 PM

I watched also. Did you get the feeling that there is going to be a Fall Season? The large carnivore specialist (I felt) eluded to it earlier but then later said next Fall's season as opposed to this Fall's season.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 05:27 PM

So did the natives take any wolves or is that 216 number all on the 119 quota?
Posted By: Thomist84

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 06:11 PM

All the news articles that I have read have speculated that they took none. But nothing that I have seen has been concrete.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 06:15 PM

The Natives have their own rules and regulations.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 06:18 PM

So the quota was exceeded by 16. 200 was the quota for wolves. That is the fact.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 06:23 PM

Line Jumper-That's a nice wolf!!!!

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 06:43 PM

Line Jumper-That's a nice wolf!!!!

Moosetrot

I know, wish it was mine, just see a picture of it and know the area they got it in, 96lbs supposedly.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 07:14 PM

Ask Beav if it’s worth skinning

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 08:05 PM

That one looks to be worth skinning. But we know that all of them aren't that nice.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 09:46 PM

[Linked Image]

How bout this one, Beav?

I certainly don’t think the season held in late February is near ideal. However I’m pleased that several people were able to participate and succeed in this harvest. Congratulations!

Just think if the department would have been on the ball and it happened a month earlier.

Well the upside of having the seasons very early and very late should show us that regardless when it’s held it won’t last long. So perhaps we could more intelligently align the season around peak prime. Make the wolves real trophies.
Posted By: WIFrost

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 09:56 PM

2021 WI WOLF HUNT

Check this video out. Pretty cool

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by WIFrost
2021 WI WOLF HUNT

That was cool, I wish they would have shown a picture of the scope, is that a thermal image scope? I want one whatever it is, but something that works that good they will probably make illegal.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 10:33 PM

Great video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Moosetrot

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 10:39 PM

[Linked Image]

How bout this one, Beav?

I certainly don’t think the season held in late February is near ideal. However I’m pleased that several people were able to participate and succeed in this harvest. Congratulations!

Just think if the department would have been on the ball and it happened a month earlier.

Well the upside of having the seasons very early and very late should show us that regardless when it’s held it won’t last long. So perhaps we could more intelligently align the season around peak prime. Make the wolves real trophies.

Nice color

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 11:42 PM

2021 WI WOLF HUNT

They spin just like the yotes do!!!
Posted By: WIFrost

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/26/21 11:46 PM

I believe that is a thermal scope. It also seemed That the camera man had thermals.

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/27/21 12:17 AM

I believe that is a thermal scope. It also seemed That the camera man had thermals.

Yep Pulsar xq50. 4.5-22X. 50mm- bout $4000.00
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/27/21 12:23 AM

2021 WI WOLF HUNT

They spin just like the yotes do!!!

Nice video
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 12:39 PM

What was the total wolf harvest numbers?

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 01:45 PM

216 in about 2 1/2 days
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 01:50 PM

Thanks, that’s a lot of predator relief on the wild game population.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 01:57 PM

Great Video!

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 03:02 PM

[Linked Image]

That is a good point. Maybe we have to start with ideal date and then factor in other variables that impact success of other user groups to see if it needs to be adjusted. When we moved the start back in the past to reduce conflict with other user groups, we kind of did that. Are you saying we might have not done enough?

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 03:13 PM

When is peak prime, early December?

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 03:35 PM

Geeze...these people won't recognize human life at conception but want to count female wolves differently because of the possibility of being pregnant.

[Linked Image]

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 04:15 PM

I'm no hound hunter but I don't think many wolves are torn apart by the pack of dogs. More like being held at bay till the wolf Is shot.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 04:31 PM

Hound hunting is the low hanging fruit.
Don't film animals being "held at bay" and post it on social media.
It does nothing but add ammunition to anti's and it push the fence sitters over to the anti's side.

Most people have no issue with harvesting wild animals as a concept. Its the details that can change that concept.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Wisconsin 2021 Wolf Season Progress - 02/28/21 04:46 PM

Nice video, and congratulations to all who were lucky enough to harvest a wolf. but I stopped posting pictures of my harvested wildlife online because in many cases it will eventually be used against the hunting and trapping community. As long as the Marxist leftists are in control, I’ll be flying under the radar.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums