Home

Live trap makers ??

Posted By: SDB

Live trap makers ?? - 02/23/21 05:32 PM

Anyone try a hand operated guillotine shear to cut 1 x 1 wire ?? I use a side grinder but even with a mask on, i am tired of the dust and mess. This looks like a good option, but at $600 I am hoping for input. Thanks
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: Live trap makers ?? - 02/23/21 05:51 PM

I know people use pneumatic wire cutters, not as fast as a shear, but a lot less money and will cut with a ton less mess than a grinder.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Live trap makers ?? - 02/23/21 05:54 PM

https://www.harborfreight.com/14-gauge-5-amp-metal-shears-64609.html?_br_psugg_q=shear - these work good but it takes just a little practice to use them without cutting some wires you didn't intend to.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Live trap makers ?? - 02/23/21 06:03 PM

This is the best and quickest mesh cutter I have used.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Live trap makers ?? - 02/23/21 06:16 PM

Air powered pliers cutter but you still need to grind the cut ends just run a fan for that. $150

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SDB

Re: Live trap makers ?? - 02/24/21 12:23 AM

I went with Monster Toms idea. $45 shipped from Harbor Freight. They claim to cut metal like paper - and precise. I need them to be fast, hopefully its better than a grinder and two fans.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Live trap makers ?? - 02/24/21 12:41 AM

Had a pair of those. Cut good, but did not last long. Second pair was not any better. Then they would not replace them any more. Went to busch, Had them for 5 years and they work good. Just cost more.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums