Home

Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$

Posted By: Willowtree

Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/24/21 05:32 PM

We just received a new price structure and we are actively looking for muskrats in any lot size.

If interested please call me at 715-927-3576 for more information. Please leave a message if I don’t pick up right away. Things are pretty busy around here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Richard
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/24/21 05:54 PM

If you want rats why not just post the information??
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/24/21 06:13 PM

Yup
Posted By: Foxlaketrapper

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/24/21 06:28 PM

Got the same info here in South Dakota carcass rats went up .50 same on basis for dried for a top of 5 dollars. Carcass are at 2.00 with little ones thrown out.
Posted By: nyrat

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/24/21 07:04 PM

went to ny auction this weekend prices went up on rats 1.50 to 2.00 on the 2 and 3 xls 7.00 to 7.50 think the avg was 4.63 on rats
Posted By: AJE

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Willowtree
We just received a new price structure and we are actively looking for muskrats in any lot size.

If interested please call me at 715-927-3576 for more information. Please leave a message if I don’t pick up right away. Things are pretty busy around here.

Thanks,
Richard

I've never seen you in tMan before. Good to hear from you. I wonder what the best way is for folks to get their rats to you.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 03:03 PM

Most Wisconsin Trappers know me and my handle here represents
CLARKS WILLOWTREE FUR.

I have been a supply dealer and fur buyer in Wisconsin & Michigan for over 20 years.

We are located north of Green Bay. We take pride in our one-on-one personal service.

Thanks to all who have called so far. We look forward to working with you.

Richard
715-927-3576

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 04:25 PM

Here’s a thought for those with skins. It’s been some time since people have been looking for rats. This points towards demand. Recent mink price adjustments are making rats attractive at these low levels. Also keep in mind that mink production is at the lowest level in decades. If fur is moving at a retail level it shouldn’t take a cycle ball.

Those who have experienced a past price cycle know that a $4 or $5 rat is far below average. Many times deep discounts are followed by new highs. Don’t get excited about Nickles and dimes. Ride the tide.

Patience proves discipline
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 04:48 PM

You have peaked my interest there nimzy. What do you believe the average price for rats has been the last 25 years? Can't be more than 6 or 7 bucks with all those $2 and $3 dollar years?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 05:38 PM

I know a guy who sold around 1300 rats for a $4.30 some average.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 05:52 PM

What year was that Beav?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 06:02 PM

This year.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 07:03 PM

Dirt even $6 or $7 is about a 100% better then what they are bringing now. Ive seen years that they have doubled on one sale. Man, back somewhere around 2010 they nearly tripled if you can check the deviation from March to the following March. You can make money at $6 but I’m greedy. Everything else keeps going up. I brought a new pickup in 2013 with my fall rats about 28k. Brought another in December over 50k that’s a lot of rats.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by AJE

Thanks,
Richard

I've never seen you in tMan before. Good to hear from you. I wonder what the best way is for folks to get their rats to you.

+2

I would assume just drive to his place in Coleman or contact him to arrange shipping.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by nimzy
Dirt even $6 or $7 is about a 100% better then what they are bringing now. Ive seen years that they have doubled on one sale. Man, back somewhere around 2010 they nearly tripled if you can check the deviation from March to the following March. You can make money at $6 but I’m greedy. Everything else keeps going up. I brought a new pickup in 2013 with my fall rats about 28k. Brought another in December over 50k that’s a lot of rats.

Probably 2009 to 2010. 2009 was screwed up by the 2008 housing crash.

P.S. I applaud your greed! Greed is Good!

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 10:27 PM

Back in the seventies a mediocre trapper could work out a new truck in a season rats were $8 and trucks were around 7k. These are trying times.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 10:56 PM

Back in the seventies a mediocre trapper could work out a new truck in a season rats were $8 and trucks were around 7k. These are trying times.

Those definitely were the days. Spoiled a guy as I had just started trapping in 1974. The competition was fierce, though, as Johnny Sneakum's were out in force too!

Chris
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/25/21 11:16 PM

I started in 78 with 18 traps. I was ten and inexperienced. Thieves cleaned me out that first weekend. You learn fast or else.
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 12:10 AM

I will vouch for Richard. A gentleman in every aspect of the word.

WTA Trapper of the Year 2016

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 12:22 AM

Don't remember what year It was but Old Johnny sneak um was leaving the caught animal behind and just taking your traps.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 12:36 AM

I started trapping in the middle of the "boom" and didn't know it til I got my first check!

We should be compensated for our efforts. That's beyond fresh air and leaky waders.

Time to start again. I need to get out there.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 12:48 AM

Personally,I found the period from about '75,when I first trapped,to about '78 maybe '79 as the most memorable.After that with prices as high as they were trappers,would be trappers and thieves seemed to be around every tree.Thievery,fighting,and wild accusations were common here on state land.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 12:57 AM

Prices peaked around 79-81. I hear stories about $10 rats but never got more than $8.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 01:21 AM

The 2013 year was my best on coon and rats. I had a few over two hundred rats and averaged a bit over $13 gross at NAFA that season. That year they lowered their commission to 6.5% so my net was pretty nice. Now I am selling similar rats for about $4.00 with no commission.

Bryce

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 01:55 PM

Richard in your opinion, is there a shortage?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 03:37 PM

Nimzy,

It’s hard to say.

In our area, NE Wisconsin, trappers tell me they didn’t trap rats because of the price.

Early on I was told the the population in the Horicon area was down.

How this all factors in the total harvest...again hard for me to say.

Richard

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 04:03 PM

And the spring rat seasons In some states haven't happened yet. So If and when that happens there sound be more rats on the market.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 04:47 PM

I hear rats are headed to $8 avg.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 05:15 PM

In your dreams Boco.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 05:21 PM

Beav- what was the highest bid you remember for the rights to trap Horicon Marsh sections back in the hay day?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
In your dreams Boco.

Thats what you said a few years ago when I predicted trappers would be happy with a $4 dollar avg.
I am seldom wrong.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 05:28 PM

No one Is happy with a $4.00 average. Your wrong again.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 05:31 PM

No I was correct-many trappers sold rats for well under $4 avgs.
Posted By: rats4me

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
No I was correct-many trappers sold rats for well under $4 avgs.

Still doesn't mean they were happy about it

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye
Beav- what was the highest bid you remember for the rights to trap Horicon Marsh sections back in the hay day?

Not sure you would have to ask Nimzy. He's the Horicon man. I do remember when the fur buyers met the trappers as they came off the marsh and bought their carcass rats.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 06:32 PM

You sounded happy when you sold yours to groeny. Gently apply Rectoderm to the affected area. smile
Posted By: hippie

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 06:38 PM

Good news, figured once the Mink ranches stopped flooding the market, things would look up for wild fur again.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

You sounded happy when you sold yours to groeny. Gently apply Rectoderm to the affected area. smile

Yup $6 on top for “that” 3x rat. Sucks when it takes 3 rats just to purchase the ointment.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Eagleye

Not sure you would have to ask Nimzy. He's the Horicon man. I do remember when the fur buyers met the trappers as they came off the marsh and bought their carcass rats.

$11400 is the highest I can recall. Somewhere around ‘82.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 07:21 PM

2019 Kopenhagen Feb Brown ranch mink Males $30 females $17.3
2020 disaster
2021 Kopenhagen Feb brown ranch mink males $35 females $21
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 07:40 PM

In your dreams Boco.

I am seldom wrong.

Except when you talk or type.Your a legend in your own mind. grin Hows them new gun restrictions treating ya?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 07:58 PM

Being happy with price and being just glad you could sell them are too different feelings. LOL
My $14.00 averaged rats are yet to be caught. Then I will be HAPPY HAPPY.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 10:01 PM

When you sell rats for $3 and you wouldnt be happy to get 4 then you're an idiot.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 11:30 PM

As FHA gave mine away for 3.00. Looking for those guys that said they were doing the best they could for the trapper and we should not complain. So done with auctions. LLL
Posted By: Trapping U.P.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/26/21 11:49 PM

“Someday fur prices will go up”...said literally every modern-day trapper ever(including myself)

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/27/21 12:00 AM

When you sell rats for $3 and you wouldnt be happy to get 4 then you're an idiot.

You would know.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/27/21 01:38 PM

Another question.

Is the new price structure in response to the kopenhagen sale? It seems significant although Groeny has failed to mention it on here. Other then a couple lines quoted by dirt on this thread we would not know it ever happened.

Not intending to undermine your request. Seeking, Simple market analysis in relation to historical activity and current events.

Selfishly hoping the orders fall short, only to squeeze manufacturers enough to make trapping profitable again.

Thanks for posting and discussion. We’ll keep the towards the top. <advertising > lol

Chris

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/27/21 03:32 PM

Better get in on it quick-it will likely be a short spike.
According to sources,apparently China is going to fill the huge hole in the ranch mink sector within a year or two.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/27/21 05:33 PM

Nimzy,

As to the kopenhagen theory, it’s possible, but I have no personal knowledge of that.

My thoughts are...if orders are short, manufacturers will simply switch to other products.

Boco,

I agree with your theory on China, although I’m told they are a poor quality ranch mink....
which puts them in direct competition with muskrats.

Thanks everyone for the discussion.

Richard

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/27/21 11:23 PM

If China is interested in expanding their mink numbers, now would be a great time to be buying some better breeding animals with many of the European nations having COVID issues and also several nations looking at eliminating ranching mink over the next years or decades. I was under the impression that China was already harvesting large numbers of lower quality mink. Maybe their smaller operations have been hit harder by COVID and the major decline in market and prices.

Bryce

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/27/21 11:32 PM

Wouldn’t a decline in ranch mink mean more money for the trapper???

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/27/21 11:33 PM

Less furs on the market, more demand for wild fur...economics, right?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/27/21 11:52 PM

Just heard that rats have gone to a top of $7.00. Out of a 100 rats you will have 3 @ $7.00 and average will still be In the $4.00 range. The old shell game.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 12:05 AM

When I sold I averaged $4.00 with the top of $5.35 which to me means my average rats or xl rats were bringing over $3.75 as I only had a few of the better ones. Now with a 7..00 for the best and an average of say $4.50 even., xl rats are not bringing more more than they did for me and maybe less. It is like the $20 coon and oh yes the $8 average with 15% no value. We don't get smart very fast in the business of marketing our fur.

Bryce

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 12:10 AM

Why would China ramp up production with prices at these levels? I was led to believe that China has a difficult time raising mink due to an inferior food supply, maybe someone who’s more in tune with ranching will chime in.

Of course they are currently likely the largest consumer of fur so perhaps they have a better understanding about demand. Either way mid term it should bode well for trappers.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 04:40 PM

Well If the Chinese get Into mink raising they will get It done a lot cheaper then anyone else can do It. And I'm sure since the right type of feed Is available they will be able to buy It.
Anytime the Chinese get Into any thing I'm sure we will end up with stinky end of the stick.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 04:59 PM

China prior to the COVID and lower prices was already the 3rd leading mink producing nation. I don't know their status at this time. So for them to be a big player is not a new thing. Their production however is mostly on the lower quality end and yes much of their ranch mink would be direct competition for muskrats.

Bryce

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 04:59 PM

Why would China ramp up production with prices at these levels? I was led to believe that China has a difficult time raising mink due to an inferior food supply, maybe someone who’s more in tune with ranching will chime in.

Of course they are currently likely the largest consumer of fur so perhaps they have a better understanding about demand. Either way mid term it should bode well for trappers.

Fur prices are set to explode with not enough ranch fur anymore.Thats why.
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 05:04 PM

Well If the Chinese get Into mink raising they will get It done a lot cheaper then anyone else can do It. And I'm sure since the right type of feed Is available they will be able to buy It.
Anytime the Chinese get Into any thing I'm sure we will end up with stinky end of the stick.

You way off here Beav. Actually Chinese have been raising mink a while now. Major issues with feed supplies and raising them cheap enough even at prices three years ago. They also have a poor quality mink. Anyone thinking the Chinese government will allow live mink to be brought in to the country to improve breeding stock is dreaming The ranch mink numbers will be down for the foreseeable future. If you had money to invest why would put it in mink ranching? I don't see it. The amount of ranchers pelting out is large with many in Europe forced to because of covid. I would hope this could give wild fur a bump for a few years at least

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 05:22 PM

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 05:35 PM

China has poor quality everything and people still buy it by the boatloads. Just sayin.......

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 06:55 PM

Thank you boco and black hammer. Agree with you both.

The by product meat market in China is poor because they (people) consume what Americans and Europeans throw away.

As far as using an alternative for muskrats, what could that be? Mink?

Ranch mink recently increased in price nearly 100%. Rats are up in the country perhaps 15%. So in comparison if rats continue to lag. They are getting cheaper.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 07:24 PM

What's for dinner tonight...stir fried mink!

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 07:28 PM

That's all the Chinese will have to do Is put some type of tariff on fur that Is brought Into their country. Then all of a sudden that so called inferior fur you all talked about will be snapped up by the Chinese consumer. And guess where we will be sitting. Yep sucking hind tit.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 07:36 PM

They killed our jobs, killed our trees and now they are killing us...other that that they are pretty good!
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 08:52 PM

Well it is safe to say we have a little more reason for optimism than we have had for a few years.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 02/28/21 08:56 PM

That's all the Chinese will have to do Is put some type of tariff on fur that Is brought Into their country.

Where have you been, Beav ?

The Chinks slapped around a 30% tariff on foreign wild fur in 2013 or 2014.
That's what stopped the last fur boomlet in it's tracks.

When Chinese fur broker "One Spun Low" had to pay that tariff on top
of the NAFA and FHA packing/shipping/pelt costs that took all of
the profitability of it and it was over right then & there.

w

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 12:09 PM

Just heard that rats have gone to a top of $7.00. .

Have we broken thru resistance? When was the last time rats topped at $7 in the country? Hopefully the stars continue to align.

Can’t wait to see what develops at FHA. Hope auction can proceed in person.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 01:22 PM

Thank you boco and black hammer. Agree with you both.

The by product meat market in China is poor because they (people) consume what Americans and Europeans throw away.

As far as using an alternative for muskrats, what could that be? Mink?

Ranch mink recently increased in price nearly 100%. Rats are up in the country perhaps 15%. So in comparison if rats continue to lag. They are getting cheaper.

Rats have always been auction valued at roughly 10% of ranch mink. They are being adjusted at that same rate. This is nothing new. Look back at auction values and ranch mink sales and see if I am wrong. Of course there are always outliers to anything but is a good basis. LLL
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 01:49 PM

Another question.

Is the new price structure in response to the kopenhagen sale? It seems significant although Groeny has failed to mention it on here. Other then a couple lines quoted by dirt on this thread we would not know it ever happened.

Not intending to undermine your request. Seeking, Simple market analysis in relation to historical activity and current events.

Selfishly hoping the orders fall short, only to squeeze manufacturers enough to make trapping profitable again.

Thanks for posting and discussion. We’ll keep the towards the top. <advertising > lol

Chris

Chris, Jim Gibb reported on another forum Kopenhagen results basically as it was happening. I took it for granted you knew. SAGA is having a mink sale this week. https://www.sagafurs.com/auction/#sales-programme.

Look guys, Boco is right, fur is going up. It only stands to reason, they printed a boatload of money in the last 12 months devaluing the dollar with no end in sight. All commodities have already gone up and are going higher. Oil, corn, beans, wheat, copper, steel, gold, silver and the list goes on. I predict in another 12 to 18 months you will see the number you are looking for to move your inventory. If not the next time I see you after that time frame the steak is on me.

Chris as far as Furharvesters having an in person auction, they have already announced the next one will be an internet sale.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 01:50 PM

Gary, for what it's worth I wouldn't sell Wisconsin rats for 4 dollars right now, wouldn't have done it earlier this year either.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Another question.

Chris

Chris, Jim Gibb reported on another forum Kopenhagen results basically as it was happening. I took it for granted you knew. SAGA is having a mink sale this week. https://www.sagafurs.com/auction/#sales-programme.

Look guys, Boco is right, fur is going up. It only stands to reason, they printed a boatload of money in the last 12 months devaluing the dollar with no end in sight. All commodities have already gone up and are going higher. Oil, corn, beans, wheat, copper, steel, gold, silver and the list goes on. I predict in another 12 to 18 months you will see the number you are looking for to move your inventory. If not the next time I see you after that time frame the steak is on me.

Chris as far as Furharvesters having an in person auction, they have already announced the next one will be an internet sale.

As everything is going up the value of the dollar is going down which means you can now spend 2 dollars for something that cost you a dollar last month. Take gas for an example. No real hike. Just currency munipulation. slide of hand. LLL
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 04:53 PM

The only thing I have seen out of Fur Harvesters is that it MIGHT BE POSSIBLE that only canadiens will be able to attend the April auction.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 05:57 PM

Rats appear still to be decoupled somewhat from ranch mink prices. If they were still coupled, rat prices should have been $1.50 or $2 last year and about $3 or $4 this year. Big good ranch mink selling for $35 equals how many rats in square inches of fur? Good ranch mink were averaging over $100 when rats were doing $10 or $12. Maybe the short supply ( if it is finally true? ) of ranch mink, is making it not possible to switch to cheap ranch mink?

P.S. Don't trust the spin of the European Auctions anymore than the Canadian ones. Same crap different pile. Ranch mink prices are up maybe 20% from a normal 2019 Auction. Comparing price increases from a September 2020 internut fire sale is a bit misleading. IMO

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 07:57 PM

They still value them at ten percent of ranch mink. LLL

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 08:50 PM

Rats appear still to be decoupled somewhat from ranch mink prices. If they were still coupled, rat prices should have been $1.50 or $2 last year and about $3 or $4 this year. Big good ranch mink selling for $35 equals how many rats in square inches of fur? Good ranch mink were averaging over $100 when rats were doing $10 or $12. Maybe the short supply ( if it is finally true? ) of ranch mink, is making it not possible to switch to cheap ranch mink?

P.S. Don't trust the spin of the European Auctions anymore than the Canadian ones. Same crap different pile. Ranch mink prices are up maybe 20% from a normal 2019 Auction. Comparing price increases from a September 2020 internut fire sale is a bit misleading. IMO

This^.

LL. Muskrats trend with ranch mink to place a firm figure on it is ridiculous.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 10:04 PM

You don't read well. I said they value them as in how they set auction value at ten percent of ranch mink sales which they have had in person. 3rd time so read slow. LLL

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 10:47 PM

Thanks for the insight.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/01/21 11:21 PM

Steven 49er if the dollar is losing value, it is not showing much loss in value to the yuan. Exchange rate appears similar to the last 5 years.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/02/21 01:23 AM

The Chinese manipulate their currency so it pretty much stays pegged to the dollar. The Chinese aren't the only consumer of wild fur and a large amount of the fur they buy is manufactured into goods and shipped worldwide.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/17/21 10:31 AM

Any updates? Are the orders filling up?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/17/21 03:10 PM

Muskrats headed to $8 avgs.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/17/21 04:30 PM

8 Canadian Dollar equals
6.41 United States Dollar

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/17/21 05:39 PM

saga march 2021 sale results

Brown M average $35
Brown F average $23

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/18/21 10:43 AM

Muskrats headed to $8 avgs.

Conservative approach, have you no faith? Lol

It appears the country is becoming restless, with reports of substantial advances. It’s not like there isn’t room on the upside!

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/18/21 02:37 PM

Middlemen need a margin.
Higher at auction.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/18/21 02:49 PM

Middlemen need a margin.
Higher at auction.

Higher margin at auction?

What is it at auction, 10% from the seller and 10% from the buyer?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/18/21 02:55 PM

Comission at auction is covered by higher prices paid for large graded lots.Commission is minimal compared.
Why when prices are high for fur the middlemen sell their fur at the auction.
If you dont believe me,just peruse the creditors list at NAFA when they went under and see the dozens of middlemen(some bigger names too) that had fur there.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/18/21 07:15 PM

grin

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 01:25 AM

Nimzy...

We are still actively buying muskrats...

We’ll be buying spring beaver too.

Richard
Posted By: proratman

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 01:27 AM

A lot of talk here. Does anyone know what GFW is currently paying for rats? That would be close to an accurate price.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 02:24 AM

Nimzy...

We are still actively buying muskrats...

We’ll be buying spring beaver too.

Richard

Prices ?

Don't keep it a secret, willow.

w

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 02:37 AM

He probably ain’t looking to start a rat war.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by proratman
A lot of talk here. Does anyone know what GFW is currently paying for rats? That would be close to an accurate price.

Lol!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 05:04 AM

I hear rats are headed to $8 avg.

I wouldn't doubt that a bit, particularly if we are talking $8CD.That would be about $6.25USD.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 05:07 AM

$10 cd.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 05:10 AM

^^^^^
With what I am seeing on other commodity prices nothing would surprise me.

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Lol!

Awesome

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 02:26 PM

What are you paying for rats?

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 02:31 PM

He probably ain’t looking to start a rat war.

Yeah probably.

But I'd like to start a rat war !!! laugh

walleyed
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Wisconsin Muskrat Trappers $$ - 03/19/21 03:11 PM

Start buying at $10 Walleye, that should do it, I'll be your first customer and give you glowing reviews.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums