Home

Good old days

Posted By: crowheart

Good old days - 02/25/21 10:36 PM

The good old days of having Getter guns. I would ride with the state trappers and help set these out on the ranch in the 1960's. I would know where they were at so if something happen to the trapper which it did not we could find them. I sill have one gun left. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Good old days - 02/25/21 11:46 PM

I got a chance to sell the last fifeteen or so guns I had left, a couple years ago. Killed a lot of coyotes with them, in and just out of high school. Used to be able to buy them and components from the Vo Ag teacher! Wonder how well that would go over today! My dad had one go off and shoot a 44 size bloody hole in his hand when I was a kid. Mom about had a fit, dad said, I just walked a half mile home and I'm alive talking to you, I ain't going to a doctor! lol. They sure got a bad rap, mostly from jackwads that were looking for a paycheck from a lawsuit. Had a local game warden that went on privet land, and suposedly was shot in the foot by it, and claimed all kinds of medical problems. I knew him and think it was all put on!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Good old days - 02/25/21 11:47 PM

To bad they are still not legal.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Good old days - 02/25/21 11:52 PM

I remember hunting in the Meeteetse area sometime in the late 70s and there were signs saying these were set in the area...
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Good old days - 02/26/21 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
To bad they are still not legal.

M44s are still used in the West last I heard State trappers here and contractors in other states have been using them unless that changed.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums