Home

Excess Ammo

Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:32 PM

Are there sites where you can legally sell, buy or trade excess ammo you have?
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:33 PM

Gunbroker
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:34 PM

Online auctions
I've seen ammo on online auctions, ad they were hot items, but that is all I know. Not sure about legalities or anything else.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:43 PM

I've never heard of the phrase "excess ammo" . What does it mean?
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:46 PM

Excess ammo I'd bout like havin too much fun. No such thing
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:47 PM

Excess ammo is an urban myth. Like leftover bacon. It don't exist

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:54 PM

Exactly
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by WyFurHarvesters

Whatcha got? I'm buying.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Excess ammo is an urban myth. Like leftover bacon. It don't exist

True.

Same goes for Bratwurst and Bavarian style Sauerkraut. grin
OH ! and don't forget the Pumpernickel .

Charlie
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 09:09 PM

That ammo must be bigfoot ammo...lol
Posted By: crowheart

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 09:16 PM

You live in Wyo. and talk like that, too much ammo!!!! crazy
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 09:21 PM

I was in Walmart yesterday. Their entire Sporting Goods Department had 3, just 3 boxes of ammunition in 2 different, oddball sizes. I have not seen any useful size of ammunition for sale, except once, in over a year. It was 7 1/2, 12 guage bird shot.

I just can't believe the only reason for the ammo shortage is high demand.

Keith
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 09:42 PM

Excess ammo gets you a seat at the table...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 09:44 PM

Lol laugh
Posted By: Rhino1

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 09:50 PM

I just love excess ammo, my wife and I sometimes stand on our front porch and just unload and shoot up a storm. (No neighbours for miles here). Excess problem solved.
Posted By: beeman

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 10:17 PM

Since we are talking about ammo, I have a buddy that has 1000 rounds of Wolf 223 boxer primed that he was wondering what he could get for them. Anybody have an opinion?

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 10:17 PM

Just have sold several guns in past years and no longer needing the ammo for them. Never saw ammo sold on gunbroker or other sites. Thought about selling it off to buy ammo I could use or for buying another gun that I would use. I know a guy cant have to many guns just don't use some like I do others.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by beeman
Since we are talking about ammo, I have a buddy that has 1000 rounds of Wolf 223 boxer primed that he was wondering what he could get for them. Anybody have an opinion?

federal American eagle is selling for 94 cents a round
the wolf would be worth a little less, wolf steel case stuff is selling 50-66 cents a round

gun bot till you find some in stock see what the price is , the only thing to think about is that it is still in stock because they exceeded the price sane people are willing to pay for it.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 11:07 PM

Sell on a auction format it today’s environment people are paying crazy prices.
Posted By: crowheart

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/26/21 11:24 PM

You can sell ammo on KSL.com. I am still trying to get over the "Excess ammo" part!

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 12:15 AM

Haul it to a gunshow if you need fast cash- super fast cash that is

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 12:23 AM

Would be a good idea if we have one in the area this summer.

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 12:26 AM

Should have never sold the guns a couple I sold I really regret but just not using them. Mostly 3006 and 2506 for hunting some shotgun shells and 22 for small game and trapline.
Posted By: Flint Lock

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 12:30 AM

To get around any legal questions, find an old t-shirt or something of little value you don’t mind parting with. Start an online auction for it and mention you’ll throw in whatever Ammo you have as a free gift to the winning bidder. Problem solved without selling it.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 12:32 AM

Excess ammo, hahahahahaahahahahaahahaahahahahahaahahahaha, lol.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Marty B

Whatcha got? I'm buying.

X2 send me a pm
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 01:00 AM

Would be a good idea if we have one in the area this summer.

If your on gunbroker just click on ammunition or type in ammo for sale lot of sales on there request payment in money order or certified check
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 01:02 AM

Talked to my local gun shop today and he shed a little light on the shortages. After the election there were approximately 3 million FIRST TIME buyers between Nov-Jan. Swearing in day in Jan yielded a new record number of calls in a single day for gun purchases to NICS by 325,000.
So figure if all those new gun purchases also purchased just 2 boxes of ammo, then there’s 6 million boxes of ammo gone off the shelves, not to mention most hunting seasons opened before that time so manufacturers had already sold a bulk of their ammo. He suspects by Summer things should start becoming available again.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Talked to my local gun shop today and he shed a little light on the shortages. After the election there were approximately 3 million FIRST TIME buyers between Nov-Jan. Swearing in day in Jan yielded a new record number of calls in a single day for gun purchases to NICS by 325,000.
So figure if all those new gun purchases also purchased just 2 boxes of ammo, then there’s 6 million boxes of ammo gone off the shelves, not to mention most hunting seasons opened before that time so manufacturers had already sold a bulk of their ammo. He suspects by Summer things should start becoming available again.

Eye opening

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Eye opening

And presumptuous.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 01:10 AM

And why is that?

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 01:57 AM

Thats a big word i think it means I hope things get better by summer
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 03:41 AM

I don't think you can put it on new gun owners for the shortage. Mainly, it's people trying to make a buck. They'll buy whatever there is on the shelf if they are allowed to and right to the auction site to watch them double or triple their money. If there's no limits people simply just buy them out as soon as they are on the shelf. If people keep paying those prices it'll continue to happen. I can't see ammo becoming any cheaper any time soon. Patience has been the key for me. There's still ways to get what you need and not break the bank.

I was in a Cabelas in the last month that was selling 69 g Matchking HPBT for a little over a buck a round at $25 for 20. I thought that was outrageous. Went to a local gun store closer and have looked on auction websites and there's bids for them up to $40-45 for 20 rounds. Could have doubled my money on the five boxes I passed on if I needed a little cash.

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 03:47 AM

That’s what the ammo makers blame it on but I think it’s both the new folks and the gougers combined adding to it.

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
That’s what the ammo makers blame it on but I think it’s both the new folks and the gougers combined adding to it.

Don't forget us hoarders! I bought 666 rds of 22lr that I didn't need but I really wanted them.

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Huntall76
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Don't forget us hoarders! I bought 666 rds of 22lr that I didn't need but I really wanted them.

If you already have it your not a hoarder you just planned better then the rest. LOL
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 05:19 AM

Excess Ammo?
Let me get my Pig Castrater
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
I don't think you can put it on new gun owners for the shortage. Mainly, it's people trying to make a buck. They'll buy whatever there is on the shelf if they are allowed to and right to the auction site to watch them double or triple their money. If there's no limits people simply just buy them out as soon as they are on the shelf. If people keep paying those prices it'll continue to happen. I can't see ammo becoming any cheaper any time soon. Patience has been the key for me. There's still ways to get what you need and not break the bank.

I was in a Cabelas in the last month that was selling 69 g Matchking HPBT for a little over a buck a round at $25 for 20. I thought that was outrageous. Went to a local gun store closer and have looked on auction websites and there's bids for them up to $40-45 for 20 rounds. Could have doubled my money on the five boxes I passed on if I needed a little cash.

WadeRyan:
You are 100% right! Talk to a guy last nigh said he was in Wal-mart and there was a person that want to by all the 22 ammo but could only get two boxes. He was PO'ed because he buys them and takes them to another that put them on the web to sell. He get paid up front.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Huntall76
I've never heard of the phrase "excess ammo" . What does it mean?

Me either???
Posted By: hippie

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 04:28 PM

Just have sold several guns in past years and no longer needing the ammo for them. Never saw ammo sold on gunbroker or other sites. Thought about selling it off to buy ammo I could use or for buying another gun that I would use. I know a guy cant have to many guns just don't use some like I do others.

Now a days it's easier to buy a gun for the ammo you have, than to buy ammo for a gun you have.

So, buy a gun! laugh
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 04:36 PM

How would you like to sell guns but can't offer any ammo to go with them.

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Now a days it's easier to buy a gun for the ammo you have, than to buy ammo for a gun you have.

So, buy a gun! laugh

Very true was at my local gun store telling them that I seen 340 weatherby Mag $10.00 a box cheaper then 30-30 I was told they had people come in see their supply of weatherby ammo buy it up and order a weatherby rifle

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Thats a big word i think it means I hope things get better by summer

Lol, no. It means it won't get better, imo. And great advice hippie!
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan

Yeah, local co-op store has .22 LR on the shelf, same price as a year ago. Can't say they've sold a box in the last couple months. I could buy it and double or better my money but then the poor bigger who comes in needing it can't buy it. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/27/21 10:52 PM

My wife wanted me to go to the store for her so I waited to go after 3 o'clock. I just got back and this is what I got. They did have some 22 wmr cci maxi mags but I don't have a gun that will shoot them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yes I did leave some. I bought half what they had but if I have to go back tomorrow and it's still there I might not be able to leave it.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/28/21 01:06 AM

I went to a flea market and sold $2000 in ammo and powder today and I am going back tomorrow. It was mostly stuff I had no use for that I just bought to resell. Tomorrow will not be as big a day. Mostly odd ball stuff left. Its time to sell, not buy.
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Excess Ammo - 02/28/21 01:35 AM

I load the majority of my ammo but I came across these today and snapped them up. My 410 has been on a starvation diet for quite a while.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums