Home

Found a set.

Posted By: bucksnbears

Found a set. - 03/01/21 03:53 PM

got to my cabin right at dark yesterday.
Had time for a quick 10 minute tour.
I seen him several times right out the window. He looks like a 3.5 year old.
He's the type that could blow up into a giant.
Guessing a low 150's .
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 03:59 PM

Congratulations, nice looking sheds! I've been out several times, but so far...no luck. Starting to warm up and lots of snow is melting, so maybe they will start showing up soon.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 04:01 PM

Awesome
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 04:01 PM

Sweet deal nice find.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 04:05 PM

Nice!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 04:06 PM

Good character!
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 04:34 PM

Nice buck,I've been out twice without any succes,a friend has been feeding this winter and he's seeing a fair amount still holding,other than that 13 days of polar vortex it has been a really mild with not much snow.The deer have had a easy winter,the wolves are having a much harder time feeding this winter it's a bit closer =side,wolves can not catch the deer as easy this year so far,nice find I sure hope I will find a few soon.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 04:47 PM

I saw a nice 8 the other day that still had his head gear. I shot a buck in 2002 that was still wearing his antlers from the year before and never did shed them. Long sharp brow tines and the others tines were worn down to just nubs. I had pictures of him all winter, spring and summer.
Posted By: wheelers

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 04:53 PM

Nice
Posted By: k snow

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 04:57 PM

Saw a little 8 three days ago, still had both sides. The easy winter plays a part for sure.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:08 PM

I Agree k snow have seen horns on small bucks into march several times over the years never a large one tho not lately cause with TB, CWD, C19 millions of $ loss to 2$/bushel cornfields we like to shootem with spots on
Thats nice B&B hope you see him 2 years from now
Posted By: Drakej

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:08 PM

Our local 10 pointer(that I never seen during season) walked right up to our bird feeder station right out the window with it's antlers still - seem kind of late to still have them. But nice to see him.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:10 PM

Good deal, he should be nice this fall. I've found 4 so far here in East tennessee and I have cell cams out in Ohio and about 90% of the bucks up there have shed. I'm just getting over this coronavirus so I will head up there soon. Got two good ones I'd really like to find
Posted By: atrapper

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
I saw a nice 8 the other day that still had his head gear. I shot a buck in 2002 that was still wearing his antlers from the year before and never did shed them. Long sharp brow tines and the others tines were worn down to just nubs. I had pictures of him all winter, spring and summer.

Wow, I've never heard of that Rob! Crazy. I know it's not common but have you or anyone else ever heard of this happening? Any idea how old your buck was?
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:12 PM

Looking good for next fall. Had a small buck with one side gone visiting the bird feeder for a month now. Odd that the other side didn't fall off by now!

Chris
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:20 PM

Yea Hodagtrapper I have a young 10 pt that dropped one side over a month ago and is still carrying his other, not sure why some do that
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:21 PM

That's a dandy. What a great find!
Posted By: 160user

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by atrapper
Originally Posted by 160user

Wow, I've never heard of that Rob! Crazy. I know it's not common but have you or anyone else ever heard of this happening? Any idea how old your buck was?

That is the only one I have seen here and he wasn't a big buck. The truth be told, if I could have got a better look at him I never would have shot him.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 05:51 PM

Nice sheds 🙂
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 06:44 PM

Nice find!!
Posted By: Ant Grit

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 06:55 PM

Good find. Thats a productive 10 minutes.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 09:24 PM

Nice find.Congrats
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 10:01 PM

Are you guessing or did you measure him and guess on width. If we find sheds of deer we know, which is quite often, we can guess pretty accurately on the spread. Just take a measurement then you’ll know within an inch or so what it’ll score.

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 10:08 PM

He is not a wide buck. About a 18"spread. Hes got good beam length though.
Short brows but other tines are good.
I've just got a good feeling about this one next year wink

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 10:18 PM

We’ve found a couple of matches in the 140’s, still looking for my 10 that should be right at 150 or better. He was only 4.5 so hoping for some good growth this year. It won’t be for a lack of water, lol. We’re supposed to get another 2+” between tonight and Wednesday morning.

Re: Found a set. - 03/01/21 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
He is not a wide buck. About a 18"spread. Hes got good beam length though.
Short brows but other tines are good.
I've just got a good feeling about this one next year wink

18” is a good spread. Most of ours are around 16” or so. We’ll give some an 18” spread if we have good pics of them.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Found a set. - 03/02/21 02:05 AM

Watch out, the wife might get it before you! Lol

Re: Found a set. - 03/02/21 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20
Watch out, the wife might get it before you! Lol

Sorry Tac20.
Not even close
"18" frown laugh
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Found a set. - 03/02/21 02:38 AM