Home

Amazon calls

Posted By: wamp

Amazon calls - 03/01/21 06:07 PM

Got two calls today say it was an automated call from Amazon and x amount will be charged to my account unless I press 1. Probably had a dozen of these calls in the last month nothing has ever been charged to my account because I have no account with them. Getting to be a real pain.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Amazon calls - 03/01/21 06:13 PM

Just block the # and its over.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Amazon calls - 03/01/21 06:40 PM

Yep every day
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Amazon calls - 03/01/21 10:08 PM

Scam
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Amazon calls - 03/01/21 10:11 PM

They can charge all they want, doesn’t mean I’ll pay it.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Amazon calls - 03/01/21 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1lessdog
Just block the # and its over.

This
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Amazon calls - 03/01/21 11:49 PM

Just give them your credit card number, then you won't have to worry about the calls anymore.
Posted By: Prn

Re: Amazon calls - 03/02/21 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane
Just give them your credit card number, then you won't have to worry about the calls anymore.

This is the best advice yet, I cant believe I never thought of this before.
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: Amazon calls - 03/02/21 02:00 AM

My guess is somebody at Amazon figured there is more money to be made stealing credit card numbers than working for minimum wage. My card number got "stolen" last week after placing an order on there. Someone charged a $1 on it twice on Amazon before they went on a shopping trip. Most of their attempted purchases were denied. Credit card company got rid of all the other charges, but since I had legitimately bought something from Amazon just prior to the card theft they said I would have to contact them directly to get those 2, $1 charges reversed! Then today I got a phony email from "AMAZON" saying my card had been compromised and they needed a new number to complete a pending order, of which there is none.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Amazon calls - 03/02/21 02:11 AM

It's just a straight up scam. They're not associated with amazon at all. Theyre just some goons in a call center in india. You can block the number if it makes you feel better, but it won't help anything. They can change numbers at will, they'll never call from the same number twice, and you'll never find out their real number. All you can do is mess with them. You can play with them all you want, just don't ever give out real info. They may have some basic info like your name or address, but it's nothing that can't be found just by googling your phone number. Learn some basic hindi swear words and have at it. It won't phase them and they'll just cuss right back at you, but at least it's some fun, I guess. If you really want to insult them or make them uncomfortable, make homosexual comments or insult the country of India. Homosexuality is a big no-no in their culture, it makes them super uncomfortable. Tell them pakistan owns kashmir, pakistan is gonna nuke india, or the pakistan is better at cricket than india. Call them a stupid villager and ask them if they poop on the ground.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Amazon calls - 03/02/21 02:35 AM

I got the same kind of call today, Of course my Amazon account (which I don't have) has been compromised, someone has tired to charge an I-Phone to my non-existent account, but I could clear this all up by pressing 1 to speak to an account representative. Or....press the magic #1 again to be removed from their call list. Caller ID showed a cell # from Texas. Odd...I would have thought Amazon would use a company vs. a cell phone. grin
Posted By: charles

Re: Amazon calls - 03/02/21 03:31 AM

Got two today. Scam price has now dropped to $399.99. Still ain’t buying.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Amazon calls - 03/02/21 03:34 AM

I get lots of those. I hang up.

Prolly amazon the jungle not the company.
Posted By: wamp

Re: Amazon calls - 03/02/21 11:38 AM

Yeah I never press 1 always hang up on them. As far as blocking number it is always a different local number.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums