Home

Those that say "yes" to the vaccine

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 08:50 PM

I got the first of two shots today, my wife spent many hours on the computer trying to find a place for me to get a shot. I got the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine. Next shot in 28 days.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 08:57 PM

I’m wait on the J&J one and done shot I’m just lazy I guess. LOL
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 08:59 PM

I’ll just wait on covid.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 09:01 PM

Got mine 2 weeks ago second one mid March. Myself not really worried about it but if it helps someone else why not. I had no side effects except it was sore for a day where they gave it to me.
Posted By: charles

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 09:53 PM

January 11th and February 4th for me. Phizer. Wife was about two weeks behind me. No problems to report.
Posted By: russ32

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 10:06 PM

Got both of mine. And the wife got hers. No problem with either one. Hope all goes well with you.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 10:08 PM

Get busy livin or get busy dyin.
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 10:27 PM

the wife is getting hers today.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 10:34 PM

I got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday and today My muscles ache throughout my body with a chill and low energy. Not worrisome but sure glad we collected the 200 gallons of sap right after the shot yesterday as then I felt almost nothing and today a lot more signs. First shot was nothing like this one.

Bryce
Posted By: charles

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 10:38 PM

My DIL is an MD. It is her opinion that younger patients frequently experience side effects more than the oldest. Says our immune system changes with age, which is why seniors receive a double dose of FLU vaccine.

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 10:41 PM

Wife called the clinic today no J&J shot available today or do they know when it will be, no hurry really I’ll wait.
Posted By: James

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/04/21 10:45 PM

Got the second shot a few weeks ago. No problems but a slightly sore arm for a day.

Jim
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 12:08 AM

I made my own. It is an oral vaccine made from distilled cottonwood sap.

I needed to double the honey in order to make it palatable, but, so far, absolutely no symptoms.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 12:11 AM

Hope pregnant women and those with weakened immune systems will do their homework before deciding to take these experimental shots but imagine most won't and will continue to wear their mask after they get the shots. Is drilled into skulls now, media and democrats did a bang up job with it.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 12:38 AM

Wife and I both go for our 2nd Pfizer tomorrow! Can hardly wait! Will probably continue to wear a mask when around others too! Really no big deal.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 01:05 AM

Still haven't been able to get one. 9,000 doses were available for the entire state today(that is the total available of all 3 vaccines).
Wife got her first shot a week ago-no problems,injection site ,itched a bit.
From what I have gathered,it is the second round that causes the most reactions.
Those with smart (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) responses can go bother other people on other posts.Some of us know that we or our spouses would be lucky to survive the virus.
Tom

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 01:09 AM

Sometimes some of us choose to do things for simple peace of mind, and there is nothing wrong with that. I know fully well that life has and will be changed, but at least we will have the peace of mind that we have at least a little more protection.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 01:12 AM

Are any of you getting the shot already had Covid?
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 01:22 AM

Getting my second Moderna shot next week. At my age shots do not bother me. Who knows may have had it but never got tested. Did not buy that program. Never heard anyone had the flu and I raise the flag on that one. My opinion on the shot is why not. It was free but I’m going to pay for it later in higher taxes

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:09 AM

And here I thought this thread was for those of us who choose to get the vaccine! The anti-mask, distance, vacciners are starting to flock here like...sheep.

Moosetrot
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:13 AM

I reckon you thought wrong.

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:16 AM

Yeah, some folks just can't help themselves I guess. The title "Those that say "yes" to the vaccine" just is not clear enough, I reckon, for some.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:19 AM

Wife and I got the first Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. We didn’t have any adverse reactions. But it seems that it’s the second round that affects folks more....seems about half the people who get it have a headache, muscle aches or chills for 16 to 48 hours afterward.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:28 AM

Had Covid in May of 2020. Got my Covid shots in Jan and Feb of 2021. I talk to doctors for medical advice. I share what I know about Covid thru working in it since it started. Watched a many fine citizens of this country die. I helped carry them to there bed. Some for there last day. I wish those of you who are waiting for your shot find it soon. Veterans seek out your VA. You can get vaccinated thru the VA.
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:46 AM

Got my 1st Moderna today. Arm is a little sore.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:47 AM

My wife and I are getting our second Pfizer shot this saturday. New York has been a complete nightmare trying to negotiate the internet to schedule the vaccinations. Here in the Adirondacks

I had three choices, all over 100 miles one way. We chose Plattsburgh and I must say the national guard and the other folks were very polite and efficient. Too bad the state government is not.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
Wife and I got the first Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. We didn’t have any adverse reactions. But it seems that it’s the second round that affects folks more....seems about half the people who get it have a headache, muscle aches or chills for 16 to 48 hours afterward.

My Wife got her 2nd shot this morning, she went to Bingo tonight

I sure hope she does well the next 24 hours
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jacob W
When ever they want you to take it so bad and say you need to take it or required to take it that is where we are heading IT CAN NOT BE GOOD FOR YOU IT WILL ONLY BE GOOD FOR THEM

LOL. What??? whistle

I haven't, too young. My parents will soon. I'm looking forward as I believe it'll speed up "normalcy".

Are any of you getting the shot already had Covid?

Not that I know of. However, I teach, and students have, plus our community was recently the highest par capita in the country for active cases (embarrassing), so it's possible.
Posted By: Spade

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 03:43 AM

Wife and I got the 2nd shot yesterday, wife had a slight temp overnight, and chills, myself only a slight headache, and a sore arm, back to normal today. After almost 90 years of medical service between us, doesn't bother us to wash our hands or wear a mask, when were out and about.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 03:47 AM

Got our 1st Moderna 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks till 2nd shot.
They say if you have mild symptoms after it is a indication that the shot is working.
Dunno if I had it but I was very sick a year ago Christmas. Had 3 tests in the hospital a week ago . All negative I guess.

just
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 03:53 AM

[Linked Image]

Got my first shot in....doc said I can have my 2nd shot with in 2 minutes....
Posted By: NWS,LLC

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 04:02 AM

Moderna in Dec/Jan, had a rough night and next day following the second dose which was administered approx 11 am. No covid and do wear mask in public.

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 04:04 AM

LMAO!!!!!!

Moosetrot

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 04:22 AM

Who did not want to get it before but would now and why?
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 04:26 AM

I've had Pfizer x2, felt crummy about 12 hours after 2nd, lasted 8 hours, then fine. Because I'm vaccinated, I'll be able to visit my mom in an AZ memory care facility. So I'm greatful for that. Her facility has 86 residents, with one death. A similar facility down the street with 49 residents has had 8 deaths so far, so I'm greatful that my mom's place has done a good job keeping her safe.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 11:43 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 12:14 PM

I am not posting on this thread again because it is for the people that got it or want it that is all I am saying

Well that is indeed good. Those of us on this thread won't have to work so hard to decipher posts.
Posted By: Trapper Dan2

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 12:42 PM

I got my 2nd shot last week.The day after my arm was sore and I aced all over.It went away after 2 days.
The wife gets her 2nd one in another week.

Dan
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 02:08 PM

I thought my wife said people say avoid the moderna one, Ill ask her to be sure, I would never take it, I'm 63
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Still haven't been able to get one. 9,000 doses were available for the entire state today(that is the total available of all 3 vaccines).
From what I have gathered,it is the second round that causes the most reactions.
Those with smart (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) responses can go bother other people on other posts.Some of us know that we or our spouses would be lucky to survive the virus.
Tom

You know the illness is not a death sentence for EVEN the high risk group? Maybe a 15% chance of death if you are high risk. Almost everybody survives the illness and even 85 or more% of the high risk group.
Posted By: Fatheroftwo

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 04:39 PM

The risk of death from the vaccine is nearly zero (.0018%) in the sickest of the sick. What’s the death rate for high risk patients getting covid?
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Tom

You know the illness is not a death sentence for EVEN the high risk group? Maybe a 15% chance of death if you are high risk. Almost everybody survives the illness and even 85 or more% of the high risk group.

Hate to break it to ya, but those are not great odds.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 04:58 PM

So an 85%, actually since they learned how to treat it its 92%, survival rate is not good odds that you will survive? You would have to be real unlucky to lose in Vegas with a 92% chance of winning?

"If you are an 80 year old man, your long-term odds are not great. There is a 30% chance of making it to your 90th birthday, and only about 14 in 1,000 will see 100."

If this is true, looks like the odds of dying of anything when you are 85 is around 4% anyway. if you are really unhealthy, probably higher.
Posted By: Scott T

Re: Those that say "yes" to the vaccine - 03/05/21 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
I am not posting on this thread again because it is for the people that got it or want it that is all I am saying

Well that is indeed good. Those of us on this thread won't have to work so hard to decipher posts.

Lol. You beat me to it. I’m leaning towards getting it but will be the only one in my immediate family.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums