Home

Got the vaccine and your age.

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:07 PM

Only if you don't mind to share.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:09 PM

I smell a set-up for something here. Not going to play this game.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:15 PM

What set up? LOL

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:16 PM

Think you may be right Moosey.
Tom

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot

Moosetrot

No Moose. I'm done poking the bear. Just trying to get an idea if it's spread across the board or more age specific.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:30 PM

Posted By: bblwi

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:30 PM

Well with the push to do over 75 and over 65 early or first what would one expect the ages to be?

Bryce
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:33 PM

Posted By: corky

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:34 PM

Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:50 PM

Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 06:51 PM

No vaccine 70.
Posted By: atrapper

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 07:07 PM

Got both doses, 35.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Originally Posted by Moosetrot

Moosetrot

No Moose. I'm done poking the bear. Just trying to get an idea if it's spread across the board or more age specific.

I read once that scam artist target old people. Once you get old, it appears you become an easier mark.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 07:29 PM

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 09:21 PM

Lol dirt.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 09:25 PM

10 and 1/2
Posted By: NorthenTrapper

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Savell
10 and 1/2

You must be talking dog years.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
What set up? LOL

[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: vermontster

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 10:21 PM

I wonder how many people didn't get the polio vaccine ? Just wondering . Do what you wish
Posted By: John C

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 10:41 PM

40 both Moderna shots and the second one kicked my butt for about 10-12hrs. Weak the next day. Got it for my wife. Her parents are bat crap crazy liberals that won’t let anyone around without being vaccinated(except for her younger brother, his girlfriend, and her sister). Really doesn’t make sense at all but then again the way they think(and they are highly educated)a lot of what’s they do makes no sense at all.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 10:55 PM

66 next Wed 2:20 J&J shot one and done
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 10:59 PM

NEVER .....53
Posted By: garart

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by vermontster
I wonder how many people didn't get the polio vaccine ? Just wondering . Do what you wish

I

I got the polio vaccine.... It didn't help me at all! If course I already had polio then and still have it today.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 11:15 PM

How many did get the shot after someone they know died?
Posted By: russ32

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 11:16 PM

88 got both shots, Also got the polio vaccine. My dad and sister had polio
Posted By: charles

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 11:18 PM

74 and two Pfizer shots

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 11:22 PM

"Symptoms vary from mild, flu-like symptoms to life-threatening paralysis. In less than 1% of cases, polio causes permanent paralysis of the arms, legs or breathing muscles. Between 5 and 10% of people who develop paralytic polio will die. "

"In 1949, the new polio epidemic appeared and swept through selective population centers, leaving its most tragic sign: children with wheelchairs, crutches, leg braces, and deformed limbs. For children with polio in the late 1940s, the disease caused paralysis in 1 in 1,000 cases of children aged 5 to 9. The rest had only mild symptoms and developed immunities."

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 11:28 PM

I would rather die then put something in me made by cell lines from a aborted baby.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/05/21 11:29 PM

Let’s see who do I know that ever had polio? Well nobody! LOL
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 12:00 AM

Doc says I ain’t 21 and need to stop acting that way.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 12:20 AM

No vac 56

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
I would rather die then put something in me made by cell lines from a aborted baby.

The US Conference of Catholic Bishops, as well as at least 6 other dioceses from across the country have released statements expressing "moral concerns" over the shot due to its use of lab-grown cells that descend from cells taken in the 1980s from the tissue of aborted fetuses.
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 12:40 AM

50 years old. Got my first Moderna. 2 acquaintances of mine have died of covid. One in their 50's, one in their early 60's. Neither with any known health issues. My Aunt probably died of it but was never tested. She was elderly but healthy.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 12:41 AM

I got the MMR vaccine when I was going into high school. This isn't the same thing in my opinion. I'm not anti vax, just anti covid vax.
Posted By: SE.Current

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 12:44 AM

No vac 25
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 01:22 AM

Just turned 70. Got vaccinated in Feb. Just received the 2nd dose. I asked the nurse if I was getting a tracking device. She answered " No , you got that in the first dose. eek
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 02:42 AM

I’m 62, got first Pfizer shot two days ago.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 03:16 AM

55, both, Pfizer, no ill effects..............................................yet.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 03:21 AM

no vac, no way......64.5
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 03:24 AM

Homemade vaccine; oral single dose from distilled cottonwood sap.

No symptoms

No side effects.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 11:04 AM

no vax 68
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 01:26 PM

Ain't been and won't be a vax, 74!

Edit; I'm either late to the party or a thread killa!
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 04:18 PM

As a youngster at age 74, I should be just fine with my home remedy.

I might consider a booster of one of the commercial vaccines when it becomes available to an inconsequential lowlife government sponge like me.

Since the beginning of this scam, I have been an "essential" worker. I worked every single day providing service to hospitals, long term care facilities, sick people in their homes, as well as commercial and government shipments. Soon they may consider me eligible for their vaccine of the gods, instead of just another sucker stupid enough to fall for their so called lottery.

First things first, though, We need to take care of our absentee teachers, government good ol' boys, and such.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 05:03 PM

At the tender age of 73, I got my combo shots #1-& #2 one month apart. I have relatives who swore up and down "NEVER".

My brother in California said both he and the wife won't take the shots. He said "it would be my luck, 10 years from now I end dying because of that stuff"!

"So, I said. You would then be 82"? Considering he smoked for 40 years, (he quit 4 years ago) figure your lucky. smirk
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 05:33 PM

Almost 64. Essential service worker, Aviation. Eligible to get vaccine thru employer. Have not done so. May consider getting the JJ vaccine at some point. Several coworkers have got the virus tho apparently none got it at work. One 40s age office worker was very sick but pulled thru. No one I know has died. My concern is somewhere I am going to encounter a requirement to be vaccinated.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/06/21 10:38 PM

I got vaccinated for Polio when I was 11. Primarily upon returning from California in 1958. Our family visiting, a cousin came down with it.

As soon as we got home, it was off to the county clinic and shots.
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 02:32 PM

At 61 I received my vaccination yesterday(J&J), no adverse reaction to the shot whichsoever so far. In two weeks I should be good to go... or at least more comfortable getting out and about.
I have to get my batteries changed in my pacemaker/defibrillator next month, so a little more peace of mind there also.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by rendezvous
I have to get my batteries changed in my pacemaker/defibrillator next month, so a little more peace of mind there also.

A good friend has a heart condition and he has been living in self-imposed isolation for months. He's 76 years old and lives in fear of COVID. He has had the shot or shots. I have not had the shots and have no plans of getting one. I might think differently had the whole thing not been so politicized.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 02:51 PM

I read up on the vaccines a lot of folks talk about what they don’t do or “might” do but they are effective at reducing the symptoms, keeping you from dying from it and out of the hospital almost 100%. You might get sick but the chances of dying are remote if you get the shot/shots.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 03:06 PM

Declining the shot is like tossing tea in the harbor. It's a protest movement.
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

"protest movement"???

Only the left politicized the vaccine! All Trump wanted to do is get a possible solution to the people as soon as possible.

The only thing I am declining... is giving any credit to this moron in office right now!

I want to get a letter off to President Trump, thanking him for Operation Warp Speed. At least we have a chance to get closer to normalcy.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 03:58 PM

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 05:14 PM

Finally got my e-mail to make my appointment for the vaccine. All the opportunities near me--21/2 to 9 miles away filled before I got in.
Tried the hospital 20 miles from me actually got in for this coming friday. So I get to go to New Richmond ,Wi. for my vaccine. Great hospital there,that is where my wife had her radiation treatments,they did an excellent job and helped her beat cancer.
So I get to go to our neighboring state for my vaccines.On Wisconsin--LOL.
Tom
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap
At the tender age of 73, I got my combo shots #1-& #2 one month apart. I have relatives who swore up and down "NEVER".

My brother in California said both he and the wife won't take the shots. He said "it would be my luck, 10 years from now I end dying because of that stuff"!

"So, I said. You would then be 82"? Considering he smoked for 40 years, (he quit 4 years ago) figure your lucky. smirk

For the time being I am not taking the shot, I'm only 51, if I as in my 70s I'd be more open to it.

If I was of child bearing age, absolutely not!

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

I don't believe that. I don't feel safe. So far about 600 people died after getting the vax. I don't want to be the next one.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 05:32 PM

And how many died from the virus?
Tom
Posted By: Dylan Phelps124

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 05:37 PM

I am 24 and I am allowed to get it because I work at a school but declined. I got Covid and only had a runny nose for two days. All the other teachers that were vaccinated got very sick after their shots.

I might get a vaccine one day but for now, I am good.
Posted By: corky

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Finally got my e-mail to make my appointment for the vaccine. All the opportunities near me--21/2 to 9 miles away filled before I got in.
Tried the hospital 20 miles from me actually got in for this coming friday. So I get to go to New Richmond ,Wi. for my vaccine. Great hospital there,that is where my wife had her radiation treatments,they did an excellent job and helped her beat cancer.
Tom

We have special square needles for Vikings fans. grin

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:00 PM

LOL,Corky they should make an exception for me and use a regular needle.
Graduate from UW-River Falls. Spent 2 or 3 weeks a year at my Great Aunts in Downing, Wisconsin. Been to more WTA district rendezvous,than most any dealer and am a WTA--life time member. Seems that gets me a better than square needle.
Also do all my grocery shopping in Hudson. Also caught my first trout at ice house lake in Clear lake in 1957.
Tom
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:01 PM

Tom

Gosh, Tom, pretty soon you'll be a Packers fan too! We got our 2nd Pfizers on Friday. Absolutely no side effects except a little sore at the injection site.

Ray

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:05 PM

And how many died from the virus?
Tom

They didn't die from it. They died with it.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:08 PM

50 and get my first tail starter shot tomorrow.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:14 PM

I have seen a lot of folks that never step in a church that got religion later in their lives once they realized their mortality. I think the shots will have the same impact on some folks when it hits home.
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:18 PM

I do, my uncle

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by dustytinner

I do, my uncle

That’s 1 anybody else?

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:43 PM

Childhood friend of mine had polio--1950s.
Tom
Posted By: vermontster

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:47 PM

My aunt and our school librarian. Just my appointment for the vaccination next Wednesday . I got bumped up the list being diabetic and 58

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 06:49 PM

One kid in my neighborhood had it also but that’s not a lot of people.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 08:12 PM

Getting Moderna first shot Friday, second shot 4-9. I had it it was rough, wife had it thought I would lose her. Do not want it again.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 08:42 PM

Got my 2nd a few weeks ago. I'm 39.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 08:44 PM

A friend of mine growing up, his dad had it as a kid. He had one leg shorter than the other.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic

A friend of mine growing up, his dad had it as a kid. He had one leg shorter than the other.

The neighborhood kid had a limp also he was a buddy his nickname was step and a half.
Posted By: Machias

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 10:42 PM

58 and got both of the Pfizer shots.
Posted By: PaulB

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/08/21 11:12 PM

80,,got my second shot today
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/09/21 12:43 AM

My Aunt got polio in 1940's or 50's. She just died a few years ago. It affected her mentally and physically.
Posted By: ksp107

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/09/21 03:30 PM

Almost 51.... and NO, not getting it
Posted By: DugK

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/09/21 03:59 PM

51, received my first shot of Moderna.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/09/21 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
Well with the push to do over 75 and over 65 early or first what would one expect the ages to be?

Bryce

Looks like the government is screwing this up too. Good thing they didn't screw up the vaccines. You hope! eek
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/09/21 07:45 PM

My wife had polio, when she was 10yrs old. Woke up one morning put her feet on the floor and couldn't stand up. She lived through one pandemic, didn't feel like dying in the second one. We got our second shot last Friday no problems.

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/09/21 08:10 PM

I'm not sure polio was a pandemic? It was just another disease we had no vaccine for. Most people who got it, survived with little long term health problems. A small percentage, not so lucky. The iron lung saved a lot of people from the temporary paralysis of the the lungs. It's that not breathing that kills you.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Got the vaccine and your age. - 03/09/21 09:41 PM

74. Got the first shot, will get the second one in 3 weeks. Hope it doesn't kick my butt. Went to grade school with a girl that had polio before the vaccine came out. After several years she was able to walk without crutches.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums