Home

This will probably be axed

Posted By: cowboy2005

This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 05:29 AM

But I'm taking a swing at a free vacation anyhow.
Ok, atheists why do you not say "oh my evolution" or "what the absolutely nothing after death"
God and hades are a part of religion!
I'm not intentionally trying to start anything, although I'm aware I probably will if this doesn't get axed.
Anyway this was meant as more of a joke or a light hearted question, don't let it stick it to your heart!
Have a good night guys
Posted By: James

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 05:34 AM

The words are also part of our language, regardless of religion.

Jim
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

Words are part of our language, but you pick and choose the words to form a sentence and speak. Do you speak non sense on purpose?
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 07:23 AM

Not all atheists' also believe in evolution.

Not all religions believe in the idea of heaven. Some believe in re-incarnation. Some believe in multiple gods.
Posted By: k snow

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic

Not all religions believe in the idea of heaven. Some believe in re-incarnation. Some believe in multiple gods.

And not all non-Christians are atheists.
Posted By: SJA

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 12:11 PM

I think most people confuse the words and definitions between Atheists and Agnostics.
Posted By: Squash

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 12:51 PM

And not all Christians are true Christians.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Squash

Not sure about that. Just human, and humans have flaws.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 01:02 PM

Man made religions

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 01:14 PM

Humans merely found people of like minds and together formed groups and put labels on their secular beliefs as to a superior being, beings, or not.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by SJA
Humans merely found people of like minds and together formed groups and put labels on their secular beliefs as to a superior being, beings, or not.

Jesus
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 01:41 PM

I'm not big on manmade religious beliefs, but I am amazed with the world we were given to live in.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:00 PM

There we go, judging again. I thought that was reserved for you know who.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by cowboy2005
Ok, atheists why do you not say "oh my evolution" or "what the absolutely nothing after death"
I'm not intentionally trying to start anything, although I'm aware I probably will if this doesn't get axed.
Anyway this was meant as more of a joke or a light hearted question, don't let it stick it to your heart!
Have a good night guys

This is absolutely true. No one says " Oh my" and inserts their own name. They use God's name. If God doesn't exist, that makes no sense.
Everyone uses h ell, even though they claim not to believe in it. I think people actually do know there's a God and a he ll.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:18 PM

I still would like to know WHY they pass the plate around at Church THREE TIMES!!! collecting donations!!!!!!!!!!

Religion, it seems to me, is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !!!!!!!!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by SJA

Exactly!! And now there are thousands of religions. So pick the one that best fits you.

But don't come knocking on my door telling me u have the truth or I'm gonna put a lot of doubt in your mind!!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
I still would like to know WHY they pass the plate around at Church THREE TIMES!!! collecting donations!!!!!!!!!!

Religion, it seems to me, is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !!!!!!!!

They have lawsuits to defend!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:36 PM

I could never figure out why people worry so much about what others think and do in their personal life. Especially the non believers that get so upset that others believe in anything. I can’t tell you the religions of most of my friends until they die then the church gives it away, their beliefs have zero bearing on mine.
Posted By: Posco

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:37 PM

I know of no fake Muslim. You're either Muslim or you're not. The same can't be said of being a Christian.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:45 PM

Most churches do not teach the Gospel according to God’s word anymore. They teach a touchy-feely sermon so it does not offend anyone or say what the board has approved them to say.
The truth is there is a few deacons and church going folk who believe on Sunday and not Monday through Saturday. They are going to be surprised when they get to the gate and here the words “I’ve never known you”.
Your relationship with God or the lack of is your choice and between you and him. It is not for me to judge.

For me and my house we will serve the Lord!!

B
Posted By: slydogx

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:45 PM

I will preface by saying that I am a Christian (although it is debatable whether I am a good one), but James makes a good point and does not beat around the bush doing it.
Exclamations of "Oh my God!" or "What the *heck*!" have been in general use in the English language since the days when the Church was the effective government and foundation of most social structures... of course even atheists would use phrases that have been in common use for centuries.
There is little difference (to an atheist) between any of the phrases you note and a surprise utterance of "holy moly!"... it is colloquial and in general use.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 02:50 PM

I have heard Jews and Muslims make the exact same, pseudo religious exclamations Christians do. There is virtually no connection to religion in those exclamations anymore. It's a cultural thing.

Keith

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 03:07 PM

Here is one for ya.

Why is it that the Church DEMANDS you show PROOF OF INCOME, and then they DEMAND you give a certain amount EACH WEEK TO THE CHURCH ??

Passing the plate around THREE TIMES ON SUNDAY !!

As my Father said many years ago, ' THIS IS WHY I DON'T LIKE GOING TO CHURCH. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !! "
Posted By: Posco

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 03:16 PM

Here is one for ya.

Why is it that the Church DEMANDS you show PROOF OF INCOME
, and then they DEMAND you give a certain amount EACH WEEK TO THE CHURCH ??

As my Father said many years ago, ' THIS IS WHY I DON'T LIKE GOING TO CHURCH. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !! "

It doesn't

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 03:46 PM

At the Catholic Church my Mother went to, back in 1957, they sure did !! The old Church she used to go to, never did that. But, the new Church did that, because it was their policy. Even told my Mother " If you don't donate to the Church each week, you can't get Buried in a Catholic Cemetery

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 03:49 PM

Here is one for ya.

Why is it that the Church DEMANDS you show PROOF OF INCOME, and then they DEMAND you give a certain amount EACH WEEK TO THE CHURCH ??

Go to church every Sunday and have never ever seen this.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 03:52 PM

At the Catholic Church my Mother went to, back in 1957, they sure did !! The old Church she used to go to, never did that. But, the new Church did that, because it was their policy. Even told my Mother " If you don't donate to the Church each week, you can't get Buried in a Catholic Cemetery

I'm Catholic and have never seen this.Then again some Catholic churches allow biden to receive holy communion. I would drop that Catholic church and attend another if that was true.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T

Man made religions

All religions are man made. That why there are so may of them. Something for everyone the mix.
But I am sure, that the one you picked is the right one.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

Man made religions

All religions are man made. That why there are so may of them. Something for everyone the mix.
But I am sure, that the one you picked is the right one.

Nope not the one made on a rock.That one was made by Jesus.There are so many of them due to people not agreeing with Gods words and breaking away forming their own religion.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:21 PM

From the Aborigines to the Chinese From the native Americans to the Philippines, they all have their religions and a lot of them are older than Christianity, and due to geography they were quite happy with those religions, till the europeans brought their version to them. I am not religious and if I had to choose one, it would probably the wrong one, so I'll give it a miss. The world would be a lot more peaceful if the religious folks just quit kicking the crap out of each other because they think they know that their imagined friend is way better that the other guys.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:32 PM

Speaking of old writings, what does everyone think of the writings of Nostradamus ? Are his predictions accurate, or just made up ?

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:37 PM

IF YOU believe in a superior being, beings, or not, why concern yourself with what "religion or name" that Higher Entity is called? . . . it's on YOU, and ONLY YOU.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
From the Aborigines to the Chinese From the native Americans to the Philippines, they all have their religions and a lot of them are older than Christianity, and due to geography they were quite happy with those religions, till the europeans brought their version to them. I am not religious and if I had to choose one, it would probably the wrong one, so I'll give it a miss. The world would be a lot more peaceful if the religious folks just quit kicking the crap out of each other because they think they know that their imagined friend is way better that the other guys.

Have fun explaining that to God when you meet him.Good luck.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:38 PM

What difference does it make except to put down people who believe in something that care less that you don’t. LOL
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:38 PM

Never been to a Catholic Church but every Christian or Baptist Church I've been in only took up offering once on Sunday morning and I have never been asked how much I make. I think the church you speak of canvasback is definitely in the minority

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 04:42 PM

Speaking of old writings, what does everyone think of the writings of Nostradamus ? Are his predictions accurate, or just made up ?

Nostradamus's writings, Cayce's, and many others "predictions" have been manipulated over the years to conjure one's own thoughts of prophecy.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 05:33 PM

Asking for an "invoice" of income used to be an old timey thing so that they made sure you gave your 10%. The church my wife grew up in still did a basically similar thing until the mid 90's. Her grandfather was pushing 90 and couldn't make it to church anymore, and was on a fixed income so he wasn't tithing as much as before. Sometimes he would go months without because he was trying to buy food and such. The church sent a person out to talk to him and told him if he didn't start giving regularly he wouldn't be able to have a funeral mass in the church when he died. He told them to send a priest out to tell him that and not some lackey.

A couple days later a priest and some higher ups came out to talk to him. He told them to shove their tithings and goofy rules up under their robes. Then he wrote a letter to the editor to the paper detailing all they had said to him. The diocese got involved and denied it. The local radio station came out and interviewed him, and he played the audio recording he made of them outlining everything that he wouldn't get when he passed. It also had in it about how hypocritical the church was with talking about gambling and drinking being so bad, then holding this giant festival once a year that was nothing but a big gambling and drinking party, and having bingo every week.

Talk about back pedaling. The church couldn't get out from under it quick enough. Offered to pay for his funeral and cemetery plot. He told them thanks but no thanks and gave all his money to the local VFW/Legion.

We still get envelopes for my MIL to send in her offering. She hasn't been to church in close to 15 years, but they keep asking for money.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 05:52 PM

Its like the bible ... You just have to " interpret it the right way " then anything you would want can be true or verified. Its the old version of the " fact checkers ' lol
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 05:55 PM

Our church stopped taking an offering during the service about 10 years ago. The teens felt that passing the plate would put off any visitors who didn't really understand tithing. Seemed like the church was just interested in their money. I think they had a good point. So we got rid of the offering plate. Church finances haven't changed a bit. We have a lot of faithful tithers who mail checks to the treasurer once a month. My wife and I have an automatic deposit set up that happens on pay day.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 06:08 PM

Have fun explaining that to God when you meet him.Good luck.[/quote]

I'll deal with him / it IF the time comes.
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/08/21 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by SJA

Nostradamus's writings, Cayce's, and many others "predictions" have been manipulated over the years to conjure one's own thoughts of prophecy.

I think they are just going back after an incident and finding some "vague" inference to something that "might" be related to that incident.
Posted By: jht

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
Have a good night guys

This is absolutely true. No one says " Oh my" and inserts their own name. They use God's name. If God doesn't exist, that makes no sense.
Everyone uses h ell, even though they claim not to believe in it. I think people actually do know there's a God and a he ll.

I used to go fishing with a man that used his own name in an exclamatory fashion similar to what you described. Any time he'd make a mistake, usually while at the tiller and attempting to back-troll, he'd get frustrated and yell, "Robert!" His name soon became our choice curse-word during our annual walleye week in Ontario.

Looks like James and slydogx have satisfactorily answered the original question. Language is like a palimpsest, revealing elements of cultural history just behind the realities of everyday use. That's especially true with idioms or colloquialisms. We all use language that doesn't really make any practical sense in our everyday lives, but it does communicate the ideas or feelings that we wish to express.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

Like "their not going to take your guns "

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 05:01 PM

Asking for an "invoice" of income used to be an old timey thing so that they made sure you gave your 10%. The church my wife grew up in still did a basically similar thing until the mid 90's. Her grandfather was pushing 90 and couldn't make it to church anymore, and was on a fixed income so he wasn't tithing as much as before. Sometimes he would go months without because he was trying to buy food and such. The church sent a person out to talk to him and told him if he didn't start giving regularly he wouldn't be able to have a funeral mass in the church when he died. He told them to send a priest out to tell him that and not some lackey.

A couple days later a priest and some higher ups came out to talk to him. He told them to shove their tithings and goofy rules up under their robes. Then he wrote a letter to the editor to the paper detailing all they had said to him. The diocese got involved and denied it. The local radio station came out and interviewed him, and he played the audio recording he made of them outlining everything that he wouldn't get when he passed. It also had in it about how hypocritical the church was with talking about gambling and drinking being so bad, then holding this giant festival once a year that was nothing but a big gambling and drinking party, and having bingo every week.

Talk about back pedaling. The church couldn't get out from under it quick enough. Offered to pay for his funeral and cemetery plot. He told them thanks but no thanks and gave all his money to the local VFW/Legion.

We still get envelopes for my MIL to send in her offering. She hasn't been to church in close to 15 years, but they keep asking for money.

That's a good example of a false religion, not a Bible church.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

I know of no fake Muslim. You're either Muslim or you're not. The same can't be said of being a Christian.

True. But, I don't know of any Christian who kills you for not being a Christian.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 07:11 PM

Crusades might be a good example!
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 08:45 PM

Why did God have to just pick Moses to give everyone the ten commandments? Being all powerful and being all places all the time couldn't he have just told every human in person so to speak at the same time? I mean why leave something so important to one person to spread to the whole of humanity? Doesn't seem logical or efficient. If God really wanted all his children to know the word of God why would he only tell a few and hope it gets to a small indigenous tribe in Africa before they die not knowing the lord and are dammed for all eternity.

I would love to hear a educated answer other than that's his plan or he works in mysterious ways.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Huntall76
Why did God have to just pick Moses to give everyone the ten commandments? Being all powerful and being all places all the time couldn't he have just told every human in person so to speak at the same time? I mean why leave something so important to one person to spread to the whole of humanity? Doesn't seem logical or efficient. If God really wanted all his children to know the word of God why would he only tell a few and hope it gets to a small indigenous tribe in Africa before they die not knowing the lord and are dammed for all eternity.

I would love to hear a educated answer other than that's his plan or he works in mysterious ways.

Have you ever asked God that question or just a bunch of hillbillies on Tman?
Posted By: amspoker

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 09:52 PM

If someone kills you, steals your car, and runs off with your wife, do you really need Moses to tell you that's wrong?

The second greatest commandment is to "love your neighbor as yourself", to treat others as you want to be treated.

One really shouldn't have to read the Bible to figure that part out.

If one does at least that, I think they will find it will pay them back, one way or another.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/09/21 11:04 PM

Here is one for ya.

Thats catholics

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 12:19 AM

People look for "leaders" and God favored Moses among them. Do some research on Moses and you will find your answer. :-)
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Have you ever asked God that question or just a bunch of hillbillies on Tman?

2X!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 01:02 AM

What year is it? whistle
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 01:10 AM

Have a good night guys

my great grand father said their was nothing in the bible he couldn't read in a news paper,when his time was up ,he left this world crying like a baby afraid of the dark. so i will stick with guns and religion.hope to die with my boots on.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 01:21 AM

I thought about answering your questions but have a feeling you wouldn’t except the answer so,
My advise would be for you to read your Bible. In fact why don’t you take the Bible in one year challenge. You will find the answers to the questions your asking and more.

B
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 02:15 AM

That statement is truth for EVERY prophet. Its why they all spoke in riddles with vagueness.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

That statement is truth for EVERY prophet. Its why they all spoke in riddles with vagueness.

No. A Prophet is one who has been given insight by God, not just someone who "predicts" the future on other basis.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 02:44 AM

You mean like David Wilkerson? What about Sitting Bull?

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 02:56 AM

So far I've gotten

(2x) Have you ever asked God that question.....i did just now and I got no answer so I left a message and callback number.

Basically, do you need Moses to know right from wrong...... No my mom taught me those things.

People look for leaders..... wouldn't God be the best leader?

What year is it..... i was referring to biblical times not modern age. How long after the Bible was written did it take to reach all people?

I thought about answering your questions..... obviously didn't have a good answer because you didn't.

And read the Bible..... which i have done, 1 full time and halfway through a second time . This question is not asked or answered anywhere from what i remember.

I am in no way degrading,belittling,frowning upon or questioning anyone's faith or religion. I'm just asking a question because how it was done makes no sense to me. Heck when I want to have a poker game I don't let everyone know one at a time or call one person and tell them to tell everyone else, I just send a group text and they get the information directly from me at the same time and I'm not all powerful all knowing and everywhere all the time.... I just have a cell phone.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 02:57 AM

You mean like David Wilkerson? What about Sitting Bull?

Yes. They predicted, not prophesied.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 03:18 AM

sigh
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 03:24 AM

First place I don't think or have been taught that if a tribe in Africa has not heard the Word they will fry at judgement. How just would God be if they hadn't heard the Word and He still sent them to fry? Some of my other Baptist friends would tell me its my mission to sow the Word and if I don't reach people they will go to that bad place and it will be my fault for sins of omission. I don't believe everything my friends tell me, lol.

The word in Romans 2 says, 12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

I think it was James that had a thread way back where this was covered pretty good.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 03:34 AM

If we have become Spirit filled then we need to follow the Spirit, if we continue to just follow our natural conscience then if our parents were cannibals, since our natural conscience is set at a very young age then we might not see anything wrong with killing and eating our friends. But if we knew Spiritually better and did it would leave a bad mark !

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 05:02 AM

All I'm asking is that if God can do anything, because he is God , and he wanted all people to follow and obey/love him , with all he could do with making all Planets/galaxies the universe and all things why would he not go to each person and command such things of man, surely he should and could have came to each individual in a blink of an eye and spoke to all his children and/or produced a book of his own making for them to be aware of his greatness instead of relying on mortal man to believe other mortal men that what they say is true. It only makes sense that he wouldn't rely on flawed human beings to deliver such important information when he could have done this with ease, as is nothing beyond his power. I don't know about any of you but I don't trust anyone more than myself when it comes to the well being of my children.

There is nothing wrong with you if you don't know the answer to my question. I don't know the answer or I wouldn't have ask it.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 05:33 AM

Basically, do you need Moses to know right from wrong...... No my mom taught me those things......

......I just send a group text and they get the information directly from me at the same time and I'm not all powerful all knowing and everywhere all the time.... I just have a cell phone.

First you ask why God used Moses, then you say your mother taught you right from wrong, Then you fuss because God doesn't appear right before you and miraculously "enlighten" you.

I guess you can't make God play by your rules.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 06:04 AM

Boy is easy to get y'all going ....
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 08:59 AM

All this because one women stuck to her word.
Posted By: Crortvedt05

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 12:03 PM

Why do Christians put Christmas trees in their homes and decorate them, why do Christians hang stockings? Most of the Christmas holiday is based around pagan traditions
Posted By: rvsask

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 12:11 PM

Indoctrination................
It works.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 12:24 PM

[/quote]
True. But, I don't know of any Christian who kills you for not being a Christian.[/quote]

You don’t “know any” but you’re wrong. It happens in this world place called Africa. Muslims kill Christians there too. Christians have killed a lot of Christians too for being the wrong Christian. (See Catholic vs Protestant amongst others)
Religions, they cry persecution while persecuting , it’s silly.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 12:25 PM

All I'm asking is that if God can do anything, because he is God , and he wanted all people to follow and obey/love him , with all he could do with making all Planets/galaxies the universe and all things why would he not go to each person and command such things of man, surely he should and could have came to each individual in a blink of an eye and spoke to all his children and/or produced a book of his own making for them to be aware of his greatness instead of relying on mortal man to believe other mortal men that what they say is true. It only makes sense that he wouldn't rely on flawed human beings to deliver such important information when he could have done this with ease, as is nothing beyond his power. I don't know about any of you but I don't trust anyone more than myself when it comes to the well being of my children.

There is nothing wrong with you if you don't know the answer to my question. I don't know the answer or I wouldn't have ask it.

IMOH, I don't think you will accept or agree with any answer given here on TMan so, try this: Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) - “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”[b][/b]

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 12:49 PM

The Cross was not something done in a hidden corner of the world. It was done on a hill for the whole world to see.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 01:03 PM

First off he did tell everyone enough for them to find him if they seek him.

"For from the creation of the world the invisible things of Him are clearly seen, being understood through the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse."

Second, physically demonstrated his love by DYING wasn't good enough, but a voice in your head would convince you? Doubtful!

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 01:05 PM

I don't doubt for a second that a guy called Jesus, the worlds first hippie, was publicly executed by roman soldiers. Its all the fairytales created a couple centuries later I have trouble with.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 01:29 PM

I don't doubt for a second that a guy called Jesus, the worlds first hippie, was publicly executed by roman soldiers. Its all the fairytales created a couple centuries later I have trouble with.

God is not late by a couple centuries, but is way ahead of mankind. Sure hope you don't get caught in a bad April fools joke for being late to see, Danny.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 01:39 PM

Yep, that makes sense too. Eternal torture for suspecting religion was invented by humans so the inventers could gain.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by RM trapper
Never been to a Catholic Church but every Christian or Baptist Church I've been in only took up offering once on Sunday morning and I have never been asked how much I make. I think the church you speak of canvasback is definitely in the minority

Exactly.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 02:24 PM

Yano, several people have mentioned in this conversation and others that they prayed to God and he never answered. I heard a song the other day and the one line that stuck with me was "praying to a God we dont believe in, so the question i ask is where the f*** is your God now?" And its a very good line, because if you were God would you answer the prayer of someone who doesn't believe in you? No I dont think you would, you may try to tell me you would but I dont think you would.
You prayed once and didn't get the answer you wanted, now God doesn't exist. That makes total sense, the other thing is that people say they can't make sense of the Bible, they can't rationalize it. But I can't rationalize evolution or anything along those lines. And I definitely cant rationalize that we are just here with no purpose, that we are born than die and thats it. that doesn't make any sense. So stop saying the Bible and God aren't real because you don't understand it

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 02:52 PM

Seems like a lot of hostility over a simple question.

When a world leader wants to convey a message to the masses does he go outside and find a man and tell him he needs to wear a mask and to go out among the people and tell them what they need to do? No , he gets on the television and tells the vast majority all at once.

For those of you that get bent out of shape over a question you don't have a good answer to, doesn't portray a loving religion very well.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 02:55 PM

I am a U.S. citizen by birth. I served in the military. I WILL say anything I want without getting your permission first, or anyone else's.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 03:04 PM

Seems like a lot of hostility over a simple question.

When a world leader wants to convey a message to the masses does he go outside and find a man and tell him he needs to wear a mask and to go out among the people and tell them what they need to do? No , he gets on the television and tells the vast majority all at once.

For those of you that get bent out of shape over a question you don't have a good answer to, doesn't portray a loving religion very well.

Well in Moses time writing on stone was state of the art and if tv would have been around the Romans would have censored it anyway
Posted By: k snow

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 03:09 PM

Yano, several people have mentioned in this conversation and others that they prayed to God and he never answered. I heard a song the other day and the one line that stuck with me was "praying to a God we dont believe in, so the question i ask is where the f*** is your God now?" And its a very good line, because if you were God would you answer the prayer of someone who doesn't believe in you? No I dont think you would, you may try to tell me you would but I dont think you would.
You prayed once and didn't get the answer you wanted, now God doesn't exist. That makes total sense, the other thing is that people say they can't make sense of the Bible, they can't rationalize it. But I can't rationalize evolution or anything along those lines. And I definitely cant rationalize that we are just here with no purpose, that we are born than die and thats it. that doesn't make any sense. So stop saying the Bible and God aren't real because you don't understand it

You stir the pot then tell people to be quiet.

Understand and rationalize are two very different ideas.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 03:19 PM

Okay i went back to page 1 the OP seemed to be asking why curse words revolve around the 2 most important figures in a persons life
Control starts with personal attacks and whom better then the ones you hold most dear anyone bent on domination has used this tactic on their quest for domination since time began whether it was Caesar or the bully at school and this type of person wouldn't come up with a derogatory term describing themselves
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 03:39 PM

Everyone has free will. You can either believe Jesus died on a cross and was raised from the dead or not. When you except Jesus as your personal savior you will receive the Holy Spirit in you. You will be a changed person. Also you will understand the Bible better because you have the Holy Spirit. You have to die of your old ways to truly live.

Re: This will probably be axed - 03/10/21 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by k snow

You stir the pot then tell people to be quiet.

Understand and rationalize are two very different ideas.

But go hand in hand.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums