Home

Tipi Trailer

Posted By: Marty B

Tipi Trailer - 03/09/21 02:00 PM

Who has any photos of well thought out and executed trailers for hauling tipi poles , and such?

Anyone here ever build one?

Thanks
Posted By: k snow

Re: Tipi Trailer - 03/09/21 02:18 PM

I don't have a photo of it, but a buddy has a utility trailer with a sloped roof. Low in front, high in back.

Lots of other tipi guys I know use ladder racks on their trucks.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Tipi Trailer - 03/09/21 02:19 PM

we just put them on a roof rack atop the van, the tipi was in a lil trailer we pulled
Posted By: Daves Decoys

Re: Tipi Trailer - 03/09/21 02:44 PM

I use to haul mine on a truck rack and over the cab. I've seen some that used a 55 gallon drum in the very front of the trailer to put the big end of the tipi poles into and then support the back much higher like ksnow has mentioned.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Tipi Trailer - 03/09/21 03:28 PM

Growing up near the tee pee capital of the world the majority of people used a frame built from poles in the pickup box year's ago , any more most use a pipe or ladder rack mounted on their pickups and ratchet straps to hold them down .
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Tipi Trailer - 03/09/21 04:19 PM

What did they do with a Suburban?
Posted By: k snow

Re: Tipi Trailer - 03/09/21 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Marty B
What did they do with a Suburban?

I'd be looking at a trailer. The roof racks on that kind of vehicle won't be up to the tipi pole weight and vibration.

Not sure if there are commercial ladder racks available for those either.
Posted By: Daves Decoys

Re: Tipi Trailer - 03/09/21 08:20 PM

You could take a look at photos on this website Marty. I also used duckduckgo and found several photos of tee pee pole trailers.
http://www.polespecialties.com/index.html
© 2024 Trapperman Forums