Home

The shot

Posted By: nate

The shot - 03/09/21 11:27 PM

My wives uncle and aunt took the shot both got covid from it the both got hospitalized and antibiotics there starting to recover. There kids and grand kids said no thanks there all doin fine.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: The shot - 03/09/21 11:31 PM

As they told my wife...you must have been exposed before you got the shot.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: The shot - 03/09/21 11:35 PM

Sounds about right.Kids are smarter then the adults.

Re: The shot - 03/09/21 11:41 PM

Dr. Pushed them into it.

Wanne Be

Who told your wife that, same one's making money on the shot?

Re: The shot - 03/09/21 11:42 PM

No, the Doc that told her she had Covid.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: The shot - 03/09/21 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
As they told my wife...you must have been exposed before you got the shot.

Yep. Just like the ones that died from a heart attack and still got labeled as a covid death.

Re: The shot - 03/09/21 11:48 PM

Did she not know she had it? Like the cold,flu and allergies you usually know if you have them.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The shot - 03/09/21 11:50 PM

Hmm

Re: The shot - 03/09/21 11:53 PM

My wife got the shot on a Tuesday. That Friday she started having headaches. The next Tuesday she was running a fever. She tested positive the day after, Wednesday.
Two days later I felt like I woke up with sinus pressure. That evening I was running a 103-104 fever. Saturday morning I tested positive.
So, she gave it to me. Speculation is our 6 year old probably gave to us from school and never knew he had it. The Docs said it’s very rare for kids to be infected with symptoms. He never did get Covid or at least showed NO signs of it.

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 12:02 AM

Interesting. If that happened to me I would not be convinced I had it before the shot. But I've been misdiagnosed a sh- - - ton on my Lyme disease. Enough that I don't trust the CDC and very few doctors.
Posted By: EdP

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 02:08 AM

It is impossible to get covid from the vaccines produced by Moderna or Pfizer using the new RNA process. The vaccines do not contain any virus, dead or alive. Believe what you want, they were exposed before receiving the shot or before immunity was established, as the Dr said. This is bound to happen to some number of people when there is an active pandemic and an active vaccination program at the same time. It is even more likely to happen to family members who were exposed at the same time or to those exposed by a family member.

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by EdP
It is impossible to get covid from the vaccines produced by Moderna or Pfizer using the new RNA process. The vaccines do not contain any virus, dead or alive. Believe what you want, they were exposed before receiving the shot or before immunity was established, as the Dr said. This is bound to happen to some number of people when there is an active pandemic and an active vaccination program at the same time. It is even more likely to happen to family members who were exposed at the same time or to those exposed by a family member.

I’d go along with that except my wife didn’t leave the house except to take CJ to school and pick him up. She wore a mask everywhere and even ordered groceries online and would pull up and they load them in the back. I thought I was asymptotic and gave it to her. That proved to be false, lol. She was religious about her mask and swore I was going to kill them all because I wouldn’t wear one.

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 12:11 PM

She may have gotten it from the person giving the shot. The mask doesn't provide protection for the wearer from getting covid, it supposedly helps stop the spread to others from the mask wearer.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 12:22 PM

The only thing any of us know about the Chinese flu is what the talking heads on tv tell us. In other words, we know absolutely nothing, The government alphabet's are liars. All of them. Everybody reading this knows that. I think it would be funny, if it were not so sad, to hear people endlessly repeating what known liars have said and pretend they know its true.
Posted By: flash

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 12:23 PM

Been two days for me, Pfizer. Go back on the 29th for round two. Had no problem at all. We're all a little different inside huh.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 02:26 PM

In the past year, I've been in a Dr's Office or Dentist maybe half dozen times. In each case, I was not allowed past receptionist desk until they had taken my temp. This was even after a phone screening days before, confirming I had no symptoms.

Been vaccinated twice.......both times at a mass vaccination site run by National Guard and local medical staff. Both times, we simply walked in......no temp check.....got in a line, filled out some forms...all in close proximity to others, got in more lines then got the shot. The only social distancing was while waiting the 15 min or so in case we had a severe allergic reaction. They must have had at least 200 people inside a room smaller than your standard high school gym.

I have not been that close to people in at least a year. Would not ever knowingly walk into a situation like that, yet there it was. A super spreader event if ever there was one. I even mentioned it to at least 3 staff present......that if someone came in hot they could infect the whole lot of them. Paid no attention whatsoever.

So do not discount the possibility folks got exposed and infected while getting their shots.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 03:15 PM

Everybody is an expert in their own mind. Don’t believe me? Just ask them.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 03:55 PM

Immunity from COVID doesn't really happen until about 2-4 weeks after the second shot. Pure conjecture here, but your child probably brought it home from school. Gave it to your wife. It takes about 4-7 days for the symptoms to show up. You know how kids are, they aren't exactly the best at hand washing, sneezing into arms, and not coughing on each other.

When I caught it I could tell you the exact date I was exposed and the date the symptoms appeared. It was 6 days.

Like was stated above also, just like the flu you can't get the virus from the shot.

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 04:36 PM

mmunity from COVID doesn't really happen until about 2-4 weeks after the second shot. Pure conjecture here, but your child probably brought it home from school. Gave it to your wife. It takes about 4-7 days for the symptoms to show up. You know how kids are, they aren't exactly the best at hand washing, sneezing into arms, and not coughing on each other.

When I caught it I could tell you the exact date I was exposed and the date the symptoms appeared. It was 6 days.

Like was stated above also, just like the flu you can't get the virus from the shot.

do you know thats true or just repeating whats been on cnn?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 04:39 PM

want to see the biggest workman's comp claim in history

it is about to happen

this is basically what the lawyers have figured is the case if your employer requires the vaccine and you have a side effect that the manufacture will not take any responsibility for. your employer assumes all liability in requiring the vaccine

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 05:34 PM

Pete, I don't think any employer can force anyone to take the shot. They may be able to make it a condition of continued employment but that leaves the decision up to the employee. Companies have lawyers to make sure they don't create situations that make them vulnerable. Besides that, workman's comp provides only for health care for the injured party to address the injury and lost wages due to any disability that may occur. There are no big settlements under workman's comp. Lawsuits are another matter entirely.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
The only thing any of us know about the Chinese flu is what the talking heads on tv tell us. In other words, we know absolutely nothing, The government alphabet's are liars. All of them. Everybody reading this knows that. I think it would be funny, if it were not so sad, to hear people endlessly repeating what known liars have said and pretend they know its true.

Stop holdin it all in Big D. Please tell us all what ya really think and quit beating around the bush!

grin
Posted By: Kansas Rook

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 05:41 PM

This site always makes me smile, I am not sure why I even bother to use a guy with a PHD when i can get all the medical advice and conjecture on here for free. Oh and if anyone disagree with a basic assertion the easiest way to combat it is to reference CNN,
Posted By: k snow

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kansas Rook
This site always makes me smile, I am not sure why I even bother to use a guy with a PHD when i can get all the medical advice and conjecture on here for free. Oh and if anyone disagree with a basic assertion the easiest way to combat it is to reference CNN,

Nothing against your doctor, but remember, some dr's barely passed medical school. Like any other job out there, there are good ones and bad ones.
Posted By: Kansas Rook

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Kansas Rook

Nothing against your doctor, but remember, some dr's barely passed medical school. Like any other job out there, there are good ones and bad ones.

I've known my doc since he was in high school. He was smarter than me then and is now. He doesn't get it all right all the time but I would put my life savings on his credentials being a little more impressive than 99.9 on this forum, myself included.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 06:03 PM

Pete, I don't think any employer can force anyone to take the shot. They may be able to make it a condition of continued employment but that leaves the decision up to the employee. Companies have lawyers to make sure they don't create situations that make them vulnerable.

EdP- Are you a lawyer, because you sure do like to parse words. Check out what the word "de facto" means, because I think your 2nd sentence nullifies your 1st through a de facto situation. If you are an attorney, you better brush up on convincing a jury of 12 that your de facto situation really lets companies off the hook. I wouldn't be convinced if I was sitting on a jury.

And your use of "impossible" earlier. Impossible is a big, big thing. You have way more faith in what people tell you than I do. Enjoy your vaccination!!

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 06:12 PM

mmunity from COVID doesn't really happen until about 2-4 weeks after the second shot. Pure conjecture here, but your child probably brought it home from school. Gave it to your wife. It takes about 4-7 days for the symptoms to show up. You know how kids are, they aren't exactly the best at hand washing, sneezing into arms, and not coughing on each other.

No from talking to my very conservative Infectious disease doctor.

I also haven't watched any "network" news in years, unless it's about a natural disaster. And then it sure as hades isn't CNN.

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 06:13 PM

Danny Clifton
Amazes me how people say they don't trust the government, but the government run medical field is gospel to the same people. Thousands of people are misdiagnosed and mistreated.

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 06:20 PM

Im no Dr or even an educated man. I do know our government lies to us without ceasing. R or D no difference. Dr Fakey said masks are a waste of money a year ago. Now Dr Fakey says wear two. I really dont need to know anything else about his advice.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 06:27 PM

South Dakota really did nothing other than suggestions and put out what the info of the day was. They should be at the top of the death per capita list by a large margin but they are not. Wonder why.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 07:00 PM

You need people to reach the top of the list.
South Dakota has 11.3 people per square mile,.North Dakota less. Mn has 66.6 people per square mile.
Tom

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 07:03 PM

Im no Dr or even an educated man. I do know our government lies to us without ceasing. R or D no difference. Dr Fakey said masks are a waste of money a year ago. Now Dr Fakey says wear two. I really dont need to know anything else about his advice.

I asked her about him. She said he's a brilliant man. But feels he got too political to do his job correctly. She thinks there was somebody else pulling his strings, and in time it will come out as to who it was.

I will agree with you about the gov. lies.

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 07:08 PM

South Dakota has 11.3 people per square mile,.North Dakota less. Mn has 66.6 people per square mile.Tom

Bogmaster, such simple math. Why don't you start dividing county pops by county area and you might find there are plenty of pretty sparsely populated areas in your state.

Its been a couple of months put if you do a "death rate" of number of state deaths divided by reported positive covid cases, Minnesota and South Dakota had about the same percentage. A person can also find it on the Kaiser Foundation metrics on covid-- I'll see if I can find that again. The per capita way of looking at stats is a good way to normalize data, its not the best way to compare things in all cases...
Posted By: grumley701

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
South Dakota has 11.3 people per square mile,.North Dakota less. Mn has 66.6 people per square mile.
Tom

This is disingenuous, while it is true population per square mile is low in both SD and ND there isn't much for rural living. The populations in both states are concentrated in to the cities for the most part, so people are living on top of each other just like Minnesota cities, I would also argue there is much more of an opportunity to live rural in Minnesota than either of the Dakotas. Sioux Falls, Pierre SD, Fargo, West Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismarck and Minot ND are all sizeable cities.
Posted By: Machias

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 07:25 PM

The VAST majority of people contracting COVID wear a mask. All these numbers of positives each day are people wearing masks!

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 07:53 PM

NonPCfed, you asked
EdP- Are you a lawyer

Nope, I'm a retired mechanical engineer. 33 years in the nuclear energy business, much of that in management positions in engineerng and operations. I got more than my fill of corporate lawyers and how they operate.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 09:38 PM

This is gospel cause he's from PA!!!!

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 10:39 PM

NonPCfed, you asked
EdP- Are you a lawyer

Nope, I'm a retired mechanical engineer. 33 years in the nuclear energy business, much of that in management positions in engineerng and operations. I got more than my fill of corporate lawyers and how they operate.

Ok cool! Those corporate lawyers must have thought their stuff don't stink because I wouldn't be convinced as a juror just because a company lets an employee make the final decision doesn't let them off the hook that they demand an employee get a vax. To me, that is de facto termination...

Re: The shot - 03/10/21 11:05 PM

I don't disagree with your point that it would be a hardship for many people to lose their job over refusing the vaccine, hence an argument for de facto termination. That doesn't make it a valid legal argument. Some may see it as a choice of one evil or another, but it is still their choice. As you point out, a jury may see it otherwise, but I don't see such a case ever coming before a jury. Workmans comp cases, the issue GCPete raised, don't end up before juries. The whole basis of the WC legislation is to ensure medical care for the injured and liability protection for the company.

Requiring vaccination as a prerequisite to certain activities is nothing new. It used to be that a child didn't get into public school without having had their smallpox vaccination. Public school was something every child had a right to because it was paid for by taxes, but that didn't matter.

Re: The shot - 03/11/21 12:55 AM

As you point out, a jury may see it otherwise, but I don't see such a case ever coming before a jury.

The Brooklyn waitress who got fired by a restaurant because she wanted to postpone vaccination is suing her former employer. She and her husband were thinking about getting pregnant and she feared for her fertility and potential birth defects. Its in New York of course but we'll see what happens.

I think most school vaccines have a little more of a track record on their long-term effects. Remember, all the covid vax has only been approved by CDC officials in an "emergency" status, not the same level of history as school vaccines. We'll see how things turn out. I'll take my 99.4% survival chances in South Dakota if I contract the disease. The government is giving itself "sovereign immunity" so if things end up in a bad way with lots of permanent side effects of encouraged vaccination, CDC and everybody else walks...
Posted By: charles

Re: The shot - 03/11/21 01:20 AM

My SIL attends AA meetings. Good for her. She and two other friends road to a district meeting together a week ago. All three have Covid now and one is in the hospital. It is probably best to avoid large gatherings like gunshows. Still too soon to let our guard down.

Re: The shot - 03/11/21 01:49 AM

I think most school vaccines have a little more of a track record on their long-term effects. Remember, all the covid vax has only been approved by CDC officials in an "emergency" status, not the same level of history as school vaccines. We'll see how things turn out.

All true. I get my 2nd shot on Friday. Each person has to make their own choice and live with the outcome. Best of luck to both of us.

Re: The shot - 03/11/21 01:58 AM

[Linked Image]

Im going to Lusk again this year. Didnt get a picture of our state get together. Had several family/friend get togethers since last year too. I am not putting my life on hold. Better than 99% survival. Man has to live as well as eat.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: The shot - 03/11/21 03:00 AM

Well I'm just getting over covid, had me down for two weeks pretty bad. Caught it at my son's basketball tournament, I coach the team and I knew going in there was going to be teams from all over the southeast each weekend and we had a good chance of getting exposed. We also had a full youth football season this fall. A couple of the kids tested positive but never had any symptoms. I made the decision that we were going to live normally rather than keep my kids cooped up in the house. That being said if I was older I would definitely consider getting the vaccine. Everyone has to make that call for themselves. We buried my friends dad two weeks ago after he'd gotten the first shot him and his wife both got sick with covid a couple days before their second shot. Bill was a very healthy 78 and his wife has tons of health problems but she survived and he didn't. It affects everyone different for sure. They told the family that the shot hadn't had time to start working on them yet. Who knows
Posted By: walleye101

Re: The shot - 03/11/21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by charles
My SIL attends AA meetings. Good for her. She and two other friends road to a district meeting together a week ago. All three have Covid now and one is in the hospital. It is probably best to avoid large gatherings like gunshows. Still too soon to let our guard down.

Yes, avoid large gatherings like gun shows or armed insurections. Mostly peaceful protests should be ok though.

Re: The shot - 03/11/21 02:19 PM

Yes, avoid large gatherings like gun shows or armed insurections. Mostly peaceful protests should be ok though.

wink
© 2024 Trapperman Forums