Home

Amish and Face Diapers

Posted By: Lugnut

Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 05:22 PM

I just picked up a bunch of dry goods for scrapple at an Amish-run country store. No Amish-run business has required face diapers since this "dempanic" began. There is no pandemic in the Amish community.

I guess since they don't watch TV or listen to "English" talking-head bullcrap, they don't realize they should all be dead by now.
Posted By: nate

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 05:47 PM

Yep,the diaper wearers are the ones that get it. I talked with the mindantiye community none dieing there and no shutdowns.
Posted By: Flint Lock

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 05:48 PM

I live in Amish country and try to support them as much as I can since their businesses do not require face diapers. Someone recently asked one of their leaders why COVID isn’t a problem for them and he said, “Because we don’t watch TV”.

Here’s a sign in a local Amish business. God bless them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 05:49 PM

I went to several Amish produce auctions last year. I thought it was funny that there was three, little old Amish women sitting at a table, selling masks they made, not wearing masks.

Keith
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I went to several Amish produce auctions last year. I thought it was funny that there was three, little old Amish women sitting at a table, selling masks they made, not wearing masks.

Keith

they aren't opposed to making money on the stupid English they make and sell desks and end tables with lamps attached you just can't test them at the store.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 05:57 PM

I have been dealing with Amishmen all my life. They are shrewd businessmen and good at making money off stupid English.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 06:03 PM

Some Amish around here caught it but not sure how many died. A couple of their haulers got it and died.

None wear masks.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 06:23 PM

They are weirdos.
Thats why they got booted out of their own country.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 06:28 PM

They left their own countries to flee persecution, religious and otherwise. They came here for the freedom. But I wouldn't expect a canuk to understand much about freedom.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
They are weirdos.

Don't know much about the Amish do ya??

They left Europe to escape religious persecution.

They don't believe in government much and everything is about the community.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 06:37 PM

As to the topic at hand. The only one I've seen wearing a mask wasn't doing it because of COVID. Her son told me she lost 2 kids to the flu that she felt she brought to the home. So every year from Oct.-Apr. she wears a mask in public.

She's a sweet lady and makes some of the best pepper jelly I've ever had, and I don't really like pepper jelly.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
They left their own countries to flee persecution, religious and otherwise. They came here for the freedom. But I wouldn't expect a canuk to understand much about freedom.

Boy are you wrong-we live freedom here not just spout it like you.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 06:50 PM

I like to read boco's post it make most people look smarter. I am also clad he isn't the only Canadian on this site, he sure make canda look bad. But I have talked to a few of the Canadian truck driver that hual the trailer we built and they are great people. So I have learned not to judge all Canadians by the few bad ones on here
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 07:28 PM

I've seen the Netflix series Longmire. I know all about the Amish, they're not fooling me.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 07:34 PM

I'm glad I live around Amish instead of Liberals, I'll tell ya that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 07:43 PM

I have been dealing with Amishmen all my life. They are shrewd businessmen and good at making money off stupid English.

Let me guess.......you're broke?

Lol, sorry Lug couldn't resist, all in good fun.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 08:04 PM

shocked

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 08:07 PM

They all but stopped the urban sprawl around here. If it wouldn't be for the local Amish never selling their farms and their tradition of buying farms for their sons, this entire area would likely be one giant suburb, wouldn't be any farms left.

And, I've never been turned down by an Amishman when asking permission to hunt or trap his land.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 08:25 PM

They are weirdos.

Again, spouting about something you know very little about. crazy
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 08:31 PM

The Amish are a different culture for sure... But all of my dealings with them have been positive. They're usually fairly stern and business oriented but still courteous and respectful.

I'm sure there are some rotten ones... But that goes for everybody. Hard to talk trash about anyone with their work ethic.

Mike
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 08:38 PM

They are weirdos.

They should have moved to Canada. It's well-proven no one is wierd enough to get booted out of there.

Then again we're about the same; I sure would love to boot some.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 08:38 PM

i would sooner have amish for neighbors than a lot of other cultures-but they are still weirdos.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 08:42 PM

i would sooner have amish for neighbors than a lot of other cultures-but they are still weirdos.

LOL! Fair enough.

Mike

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by KenaiKid
They are weirdos.

They should have moved to Canada. It's well-proven no one is wierd enough to get booted out of there.

Then again we're about the same; I sure would love to boot some.

You wouldnt have to worry about getting booted out of Canada.
We dont let the likes of you in in the first place.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:08 PM

We have the Hutterite people here some are very good friends, they work hard and hustle for the bucks they get you need something made they are my go to folks. Never seen one wearing a make yet.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:20 PM

They are weirdos.

First off,,you should get some History books ,and have someone that can read,,,,read them to you.SLOWLY. Second,,,PAKISTANADA Hahaaaaa grin
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:31 PM

You enjoy carrying your hand gun even in town, and shooting with suppressors or machine guns I'm sure.

O right you require a license for pellet guns that shoot over a certain fps. Ya worse than Illinois and California our most restricted and least free states.

Enjoy that freedom. You have never known it so of course you would not be able to understand. It got to be hard to live in our shadow.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:35 PM

That guy in Guam was saying much freedom they had with guns there then I see they need gun cards to have a gun. I have a buddy in SK that’s always complaining about the endless rules.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:37 PM

Going around armed because you're scared has absolutely zilch to do with freedom.
Its a sign of lack of freedom.

How is the kenosha kid doing,lol.
Some freedom that is.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:46 PM

Going around armed because you're scared has absolutely zilch to do with freedom.

Some freedom that is.

Do you have a fire extinguisher in yer trailer?If yes,,,then you must be frightened to death of fires.If not,,then yer as dumb as everyone in here thinks you are.BOZO PAKISTANADA.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:47 PM

Some freedom that is.

British subject talking about freedom
Priceless.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog

Some freedom that is.

British subject talking about freedom
Priceless.

He thinks he free cause his Queens told him he was.Hahahaaa,,,now go register yer BB gun BOZO. grin

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:54 PM

You poor dupes have been fed that line and you believe it because you have never experienced real freedom.

Maybe the guys in Alaska have a bit.

real freedom is going out on the land to one of several cabins that you own and doing whatever you please without seeing any other person for as long as you spend out there.

That is REAL freedom-most of you dont know it because you never lived it.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 09:56 PM

The more he talks I go from feeling bad for him to feeling sorry for him. LOL crazy
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:00 PM

He can't comprehend the difference between being scared and having the choice. Sad really.

Boco yep you have less people and more wilderness. You confuse that with freedom.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:20 PM

Canada will be Chinese property soon. China has been buying Canada, but without a strong, conservative US government to protect Canada, will likely just take Canada.

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/styl...ronto-and-vancouver-why-rich-chinese-are

https://betterdwelling.com/chinese-government-just-seized-billions-worth-canadian-real-estate/

Canada doesn't even have nuclear weapons to protect itself.

Keith

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:20 PM

You poor dupes have been fed that line and you believe it because you have never experienced real freedom.

Maybe the guys in Alaska have a bit.

real freedom is going out on the land to one of several cabins that you own and doing whatever you please without seeing any other person for as long as you spend out there.

That is REAL freedom-most of you dont know it because you never lived it.

Keep smooching yer Queens butt.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:21 PM

Freedom is being able to walk out my front door and empty a 30 round clip from a AR. Or being able to drive around with my 25 round 10/22 clip fully loaded. That's what we can do here in the sticks of Oklahoma.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:25 PM

I can't for the life of me understand what this weird preoccupation you folks have with Canada and it's essentially insignificant association with the monarchy, lol. And Pakistanada? what the he ll is that Upstate? Coming from a country that's 30% or whatever, Hispanic, lol. .

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:31 PM

I don’t think we have any obsession with Canada pretty sure it starts from Canada statements just to poke the bear in the US.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Pakistanada? what the he ll is that Upstate?

I worked with Canadian truck drivers everyday.Some are friends of mine now.Been invited to moose hunts and awesome walleye fishing trips up there..The big complaint from most,,was how your government invites the Pakastanis into your country.Cause they want more people in the country,,and obviously you folks don't know how to breed fast enough.Big complaint was,,they come into your country,,THEN,,if they bring their elderly over with them,,they are elegible for old folks checks,,or Social Secutity,,or whatever you boys call it.Also,taking up truck driving jobs for much less money.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:41 PM

Shelves empty of ammunition throughout the country. Doesn't sound like my kind of freedom.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:43 PM

Shelves empty of ammunition throughout the country. Doesn't sound like my kind of freedom.

what does empty ammo shelves have anything to do with freedom?

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:43 PM

Is any ammo you want always available for you these days?Might be,,seeing as how you have to account to the Queens for every round you shoot.Sad realy.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Pakistanada? what the he ll is that Upstate?

I worked with Canadian truck drivers everyday.Some are friends of mine now.Been invited to moose hunts and awesome walleye fishing trips up there..The big complaint from most,,was how your government invites the Pakastanis into your country.Cause they want more people in the country,,and obviously you folks don't know how to breed fast enough.Big complaint was,,they come into your country,,THEN,,if they bring their elderly over with them,,they are elegible for old folks checks,,or Social Secutity,,or whatever you boys call it.Also,taking up truck driving jobs for much less money.

Oh yeah! The truck driving community is a little rough on the pakis because they gravitate to the industry, are terrible drivers and are known to have certain hygiene issues. CB channel 19 can be ruthless!

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

Seriously? Excessive hoarding of ammunition strongly suggests your perceived freedom is on pretty shaky grounds.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:48 PM

Canada is a beautiful country, the problem is it's full of Canadians.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:49 PM

Critter-Dung,,,that was another complaint.They said the Pakis(I wont say what they realy refered to them as) would pak up like rats in a rental house,,and you couldn't walk by the place without gagging.They said the smell of filth and Curry was sickening.Said the trucks they drive smells the same. sick

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:51 PM

Is any ammo you want always available for you these days?Might be,,seeing as how you have to account to the Queens for every round you shoot.Sad realy.

Lol Tony. It's an administrative nightmare having to fill out and submit that form to our royal majesty every time we discharge a round.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:53 PM

[/quote]

Seriously? Excessive hoarding of ammunition strongly suggests your perceived freedom is on pretty shaky grounds. [/quote]

I would argue everyone's perceived freedom is on shaky ground around the world, but facts be facts currently our 2nd amendment is still in tac..

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:57 PM

Critter-Dung,,ya need to borrow a bullet,let me know.I would give you one,,,but BOZO can go use his slingshot. grin
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 10:59 PM

So what is any different between Canada and the United States? Look ar what we are letting in! Worst thing happening to both countries is our governments!

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:00 PM

Critter-Dung,,ya need to borrow a bullet,let me know.I would give you one,,,but BOZO can go use his slingshot. grin

I appreciate the offer but I'm good, I've got some bootleg ammo that she doesn't know about, shhhhhhh!
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:00 PM

I find this thread humorous. One shouldn’t take things in the internet too seriously. In reality , Freedom is all about perspective, it’s what everyone wants to idealize as their own free, nothing more.

Because I’m an avid outdoorsman I consider my life extremely free. Sure I have to buy a licence and follow certain rules but I don’t pay lease fees or trespass fees or things like that that I’m sure many in here do and I,for free, access some of the worlds greatest hunting and fishing. That’s free enough for me and I’d take it over any perceived freedom offered on here.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:06 PM

They are weirdos.

First off,,you should get some History books ,and have someone that can read,,,,read them to you.SLOWLY. Second,,,PAKISTANADA Hahaaaaa grin

PAKISTANADA... LOL

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

Canada is mostly empty of people and man made structures. Canada's puny, insignificant population mostly huddles against the US border, like they're trying to stay warm, while waiting for a handout.

Keith

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:17 PM

Canada is awful. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
grin

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:25 PM

I don't recall anyone saying Canada didn't have great hunting.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:26 PM

PAKISTANADA... LOL

AMEXICA....LOL

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
[Linked Image]
grin

You live in the good part. Is it true the tallest buildings is grain elevators in Saskatchewan? That's was a line from a Colter wall song.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:28 PM

I’d hope nobody here is that dumb. Like I said , Freedom is about perspective. How free is your hunting in PA? Free access to more terrific private ground than you could ever explore? Giant tracts of public lands where you’re the only one for miles? I’ll take that over a lot of people’s idea of freedom.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:29 PM

Nice RVSASK! Cool idea with the fence rails.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:29 PM

You poor dupes know I'm right thats why you get mad and call names like schoolkids,and try to put down Canada and Canadians.lol.It rolls off like water off a duck though cause I realize it comes from Jealousy.
You cant deny we have the freedom you crave-Its why you all come to Canada to hunt and fish and get a little bit of a taste of REAL Freedom.
If not then You would never come here.

The only Canadians that go to the States is Justin Bieber,Jim Carry,and all the other rejects.They fit right in down there and we dont miss them,LOL.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:32 PM

I just picked up a bunch of dry goods for scrapple at an Amish-run country store. No Amish-run business has required face diapers since this "dempanic" began. There is no pandemic in the Amish community.

I guess since they don't watch TV or listen to "English" talking-head bullcrap, they don't realize they should all be dead by now.

Good and bad. I hope the Amish and Mennonite women gave up Nike shoes

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:33 PM

Matt28, that line is extremely fictional. It’s true though our tallest building isn’t nearly as tall as yours, . Our tallest structure is second in NA I believe though.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:33 PM

I See that Somalia is more free than the USA according to your definition.
Everyone there walks around with bazookas and RPG's,lol.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:34 PM

This thread has gone pretty far afield! LOL. I have noticed quite a few of the older Amish around here wearing masks.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
This thread has gone pretty far afield! LOL. I have noticed quite a few of the older Amish around here wearing masks.

laugh. Couple more drinks and Bobo will be fighting the war of 1812 again. lol

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

Canada is mostly empty of people and man made structures. Canada's puny, insignificant population mostly huddles against the US border, like they're trying to stay warm, while waiting for a handout.

Keith

You're either being facetious or you're woefully unfamiliar with life in Canada. The standard of living in Canada is superior to that of the United States. I think we'll survive without your hand outs, thanks.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:41 PM

Hey Hippie,

All I will say to that is it is a good thing we never wanted a 51st state! Ol' BOCO would have had to learn a different national anthem.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:45 PM

If Canadian winters become as mild as our winters, it will be just as overrun with people as America. It won't take very long either.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:45 PM

Critter, it’s facetious I’m sure. What isn’t though is the amount of dilapidated run down places where people clearly had no money in every state I’ve been in. What they all did have though was a flag. Patriotic, indeed. In all fairness though that’s only 11.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:51 PM

Critter, it’s facetious I’m sure. What isn’t though is the amount of dilapidated run down places where people clearly had no money in every state I’ve been in. What they all did have though was a flag. Patriotic, indeed. In all fairness though that’s only 11.

Don't know how old you are, must have been around for a while to collect those mounts, lol, but you have to admit it's nostalgic travelling through the U.S.! Just like going back in time 50 years!

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/11/21 11:52 PM

Don't know how old you are, must have been around for a while to collect those mounts, lol, but you have to admit it's nostalgic travelling through the U.S.! Just like going back in time 50 years!

I’m 45. I love traveling the US. Sure I dish it out too like they do but my family and I always enjoy our trips there.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:18 AM

Amish make some good furniture but I'm not taking science or medical advice from someone with an 8th grade education.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:23 AM

Lol , my dad used to call Canada the hockey state.

All jokes aside, the us and Canada need to have each others back when the wolves come a knocking or we're all going down.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:25 AM

We got your back Blee.
And keep coming up here to visit.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:28 AM

You poor dupes know I'm right thats why you get mad and call names like schoolkids,and try to put down Canada and Canadians.lol.It rolls off like water off a duck though cause I realize it comes from Jealousy.
You cant deny we have the freedom you crave-Its why you all come to Canada to hunt and fish and get a little bit of a taste of REAL Freedom.
If not then You would never come here.

The only Canadians that go to the States is Justin Bieber,Jim Carry,and all the other rejects.They fit right in down there and we dont miss them,LOL.

Many millions more Canadians visit the US each year then Americans visit Canada. In 2019, well over five million more Canadians visited the US then Americans visited Canada. An insignificant amount of the US population visits Canada. A huge amount of the Canadian population visits America. Canada isn't a bad country. It's just not a significant one.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/214764/number-of-visitors-to-the-us-from-canada/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/214778/number-of-us-tourists-visting-canada/

Canada has a paltry 37,694,085 (July 2020 est.) people, compared to the US's 332,639,102 (July 2020 est.) people. Nearly 55% of all Canadians visited the US in 2019. Just a little over 4% of Americans visited Canada in 2019.

Keith

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:28 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: run

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:32 AM

Lol.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:32 AM

We got your back Blee.
And keep coming up here to visit.

I sure will, the fishing is great.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:41 AM

Its coming here too. Already feeling it in the north now. Our biggest problem in Canada is like most other places actually. So many immigrants are coming in that they are changing our country forever. There's no going back, no fixing it. In many, if not most, cases their values are not the same as ours. Doesnt mean its bad, but they have different ideas and its changing things quickly. Very few of the immigrants are outdoors oriented. They are much more likely to support laws that will hurt trappers and hunters. Thats just the way it is.

I would much rather have the Amish

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:49 AM

[quote=KeithC Nearly 55% of all Canadians visited the US in 2019.

Keith[/quote]

To fill the gas tank and pick up a case of beer.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:57 AM

Matt28, that line is extremely fictional. It’s true though our tallest building isn’t nearly as tall as yours, . Our tallest structure is second in NA I believe though.

I kinda took it as that was all farm country up there. Not many towns or big cities.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:02 AM

I feel your pain Yukon254! You definitely seem like one of the good guys. Change is definitely inevitable, that doesn't mean it's good.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by ILcooner
Amish make some good furniture but I'm not taking science or medical advice from someone with an 8th grade education.

I know several highly educated people who don't have the sense that God gave geese. A little common sense and wisdom will get you pretty far.

Mike

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:11 AM

It was you that posted pics of your trophy room and sarcastically made the comment below.

Canada is awful.

I simply pointed out that your sarcasm was misplaced. Nobody said the hunting sucks in Canada. They said the people suck

I’d hope nobody here is that dumb. How free is your hunting in PA? Free access to more terrific private ground than you could ever explore? Giant tracts of public lands where you’re the only one for miles? I’ll take that over a lot of people’s idea of freedom.

Again, your sarcasm is misplaced. Our maybe you just saw an opportunity to brag on your trophy room, if it even is yours and your vast empty wilderness?

Here in Pa. hunters have free access to 2.2 million acres of state forest, 1.5 million acres of State Game Lands and a half million acres of the Allegheny National Forest all of which are open to hunting and trapping.

In addition we have access to millions of acres of Army Corps land and 283 thousand acres of state park land much of which is open to hunting.

I personally have free access to thousands of acres of privately owned land, mostly Amish and timber company owned. Our game commission does an outstanding job of providing us with both public and private access to hunting grounds.

And we are a state, not a country. Many of our states have similar programs and there are vast tracts of land open to free hunting out west and in Alaska.

Kinda takes the significance out if your brag doesn't it?

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:18 AM

Oh Lugnut, don’t get so defensive.😀
Your public land acres is a laughable amount.
If it’s considered plentiful by state, that’s even more laughable.

If you wish to beak Canadians expect some sarcasm. It wasn’t misplaced, our fantastic opportunities are our identity.
How’s the trapping in PA?
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254

Its coming here too. Already feeling it in the north now. Our biggest problem in Canada is like most other places actually. So many immigrants are coming in that they are changing our country forever. There's no going back, no fixing it. In many, if not most, cases their values are not the same as ours. Doesnt mean its bad, but they have different ideas and its changing things quickly. Very few of the immigrants are outdoors oriented. They are much more likely to support laws that will hurt trappers and hunters. Thats just the way it is.

I would much rather have the Amish

Everything changed for the worse when Wayne left Edmonton for L.A.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:19 AM

Not getting defensive, just pointing out the facts.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:25 AM

Your "facts" dont hold water.
There is a guy on another post says he's moving to Texas cause penna is a crap hole for outdoors activitys,lol.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:28 AM

He must be a lousy hunter.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:33 AM

Oh Lugnut, don’t get so defensive.😀
Your public land acres is a laughable amount.
If it’s considered plentiful by state, that’s even more laughable.

If you wish to beak Canadians expect some sarcasm. It wasn’t misplaced, our fantastic opportunities are our identity.
How’s the trapping in PA?

Most of the tiny population of Canada is crammed against the US border and has much less access to nearby private and public hunting land than Doug, Lugnut, does in Pennsylvania.

Keith

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:37 AM

Not getting defensive, just pointing out the facts.

You did, that’s true.
I do wonder though about your free private land access, specifically why your game commission has to arrange that. They use your tax dollars and maybe even license fees to do that I assume. (In wages if nothing else) Here, it’s actually the people, you know, the ones you said suck. Just asking a neighbor or even complete stranger for access. That’s more like freedom for me, and not sucky people.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:44 AM

That's how we do it here to. Just knock on a door and ask. Our Game Commission does have programs that incentivize land-owners to open their land to hunters. Most of the game commissions money comes from hunting license sales.

I never said Canadians suck. You seem a little defensive right now.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:53 AM

No, there was a bunch of tongue in cheek for fun jabs but nobody said the people suck until you snuck that in without actually saying it.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:56 AM

Playing the comedy card eh?

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:01 AM

Yep, that’s how it seemed to me, likely quite a few others too.

Nothing comical about the comment you’ll pretend you didn’t sneak in.

I’m out in this one but Boco’s right, it’s jealousy. I won’t share the other two walls, it’ll just kindle bitterness.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:07 AM

Always interesting. We go from something as simple as Amish in masks to people being butt hurt.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:15 AM

I won’t share the other two walls, it’ll just kindle bitterness.

That's probably a good idea. You do seem a little bitter.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:30 AM

You know why the Amish don’t get the covid, right?

They don’t have a tv.
Posted By: banchee

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:31 AM

we have a huge amish population up here they have bought uo hundreds of farms that would be abandonded if not for them, they keep to them selfes are off the grid, i have delt with quite a few of them at their saw mills they are polite friendly people and they like to shoot the bull, am happy we have them they keep the land in production and old farms from falling into rot and ruin. saying that i havent seen any of them wearing masks either banchee

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:34 AM

I won’t share the other two walls, it’ll just kindle bitterness.

That's probably a good idea. You do seem a little better.

There,fixed it for you.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:37 AM

Canadians calling other people weird, who’d a ever thought it.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 12:41 PM

[Linked Image]
grin

What part of Canada you shoot the Antelope at? grin

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:11 PM

grin

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:26 PM

Huh Upstate?
Saskatchewan, actually.
If you’re unaware that we’ve got goats then you’re even less informed than I’d have guessed.
Look it up.
I’m currently mascerating another one for a euro .

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:35 PM

Huh Upstate?
Saskatchewan, actually.
If you’re unaware that we’ve got goats then you’re even less informed than I’d have guessed.
Look it up.
I’m currently mascerating another one for a euro .

I never knew it.Are they Native to there or were they brought in?

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:37 PM

They’re native. Their populations fluctuate lots due to winter severity. I’ve read some here winter as far south as Wyoming.
For the record my 14 yr old actually killed that particular one with a muzzleloader, not me.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:39 PM

They’re native. Their populations fluctuate lots due to winter severity. I’ve read some here winter as far south as Wyoming.

Well,I guess I learned something new today!! smile

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:41 PM

And from one of them obnoxious Cannucks too LOL

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:43 PM

Hey RV, show Upstate a pic of your wall with the leopard, cape buffalo and giraffe you got in Saskatchewan too! grin

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
And from one of them obnoxious Cannucks too LOL

Don't rub it in !! smile

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:45 PM

That doesn't sound like my style at all. Ima rub it in guy and Kory can tell ya he is usually on the receivin end today is your turn Tee

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:45 PM

Hey RV, show Upstate a pic of your wall with the leopard, cape buffalo and giraffe you got in Saskatchewan too! grin

I heard them Saskatchewan Giraffes are better eating than the Africa ones.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
That doesn't sound like my style at all. Ima rub it in guy and Kory can tell ya he is usually on the receivin end today is your turn Tee

My turn in the barrel.OK let er rip.I got wide shoulders and thick skin.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:10 PM

[Linked Image]
grin

Nice! Some good whitetails there! I've been guiding full time for most of my life and I can say one thing with certainty. Canada has some awesome hunting, no doubt about it, but our game densities are nowhere near what they have down south. Its one of the biggest problems a guide has to deal with. Hunters from the US are used to seeing a lot of game every day.Then they pay tens of thousands for a hunt and get discouraged when they dont see game every day. On a good northern hunt in a good area with a good guide you should feel lucky if you see more than two or three good animals in a ten day hunt. Often you will only see one.

I've seen the best Canada has to offer, and the fact is few Canadians have even experienced it because they never get into those areas. Even the best areas here have much lower game densities than most southern states.

Back when I was still logging I spent a year in a little town in Colorado falling timber. Every morning on the way to work we would see literally hundreds of mule deer and elk.

We all need to wake up because outdoorsmen are in real trouble on both sides of the border. Canada doesnt have any political leaders like the governor of SD and a few others who will stand up for hunters and trappers. Things are changing at an incredibly fast rate. They are trying to pass some regulations here that will make it illegal to use horses in some areas. Imagine that. Sometime in the last year they have changed the rules on mailing guns. We used to be able to just box one up and send it anywhere in Canada. Not anymore. You have to have a small business account and its a real pain in the rear. Our game management in many areas is laughable and game populations are suffering. The caribou herds up north are a good example. The biggest problem we face in Canada is the percentage of the population that hunts, and or traps, is very small compared to the US. This gives us very little political power or significance, and the immigration policies are only making it worse. Ignoring it and arguing that we are better than our southern neighbours isnt productive. Lets clean up our own backyard first. Start by using your vote wisely, remember that not all immigrants have the same value system we do, ( especially when it comes to the outdoors) and take a kid hunting or trapping. The next generation wont have what we have gotten to enjoy if you dont.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 02:18 PM

I agree that is an impressive photo Rvsask IDC who posted it whistle
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 03:54 PM

I’d have to say this thread got way off track, and coonman didn’t even post anything. I really enjoy reading on trapperman and don’t post often, but USA or Canada that’s a nice display of animals ya got rvsask.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 05:30 PM

That there is what you call freedom with a capital F! grin

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 10:56 PM

[Linked Image]
grin

Wall of dead stuff don't mean crap.Our Gubment would like us to believe our 2ND rights,,,are only for hunting also.Difference is,,we don't buy it.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/12/21 11:28 PM

You'll soon have to come to Canada to get a gun by the time Your dotard leader biden is done with you,lol.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/13/21 03:30 AM

You'll soon have to come to Canada to get a gun by the time Your dotard leader biden is done with you,lol.

Your king and queen tried that before on us.Didnt pan out so well for them,.Lets see what happens again BOZO.Go pump the tires up on yer house.

Re: Amish and Face Diapers - 03/13/21 03:35 AM

Megan Markle and Prince Harry are soon to be your new leaders in a few years LOL.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums