Home

pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove.

Posted By: The Possum Man

pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 07:00 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
So there is my load for the season packed and off to the tannery monday morning. Thought i better take a bad picture of it first. 22 cats plus some odds and ends i wanted for myself. The next thing i wanted to share was my new stove. Been doing a little cooking with it while it heats my fur shed. I did cheat on the biscuits, i let the wife mix em up and i just cooked em in the oven out in the shed. All my house is electric so after recent winter weather and events i figured i better get something together so we can cook around here if the power goes out.
Posted By: River Birch

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 07:34 PM

Nice haul of cats! those biscuits look dern good too.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 07:53 PM

Kudos PM! Great season and pic, love the stove!!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 07:54 PM

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Boco

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 08:01 PM

Nice cookstove.
The older ones are getting hard to find.

Fine bunch of fur too.
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 08:01 PM

Is the stove a new stove or just new to You? If it's new where did you get it?
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 08:39 PM

WTG on them cats man!

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 08:55 PM

The stove is just new to me. From what i have found is the company that made it went out of business in 1941. I think they started in the mid 1800s. It was bought in virginia about 20 years ago and been out in the corn crib ever since at my grandparents. I knew it was there so i bought it from my grandmother and got it cleaned up and running again. Its in real good shape for the age, not burnt out. The only writing on it is Washington pet no B-819 gray and dudley co. nashville tenn.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 08:56 PM

Nice stove, wish I had one. Thumbs up on the fur too.

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 08:59 PM

We are running out of cold days or evenings around here as im currently hunting an air conditioner for the fur shed. But i tell you what its been a long time since ive had a good stove to sit beside. I spent all the cold days out there just watching the fire burn recently. SO much more relaxing than trying to sit inside where i have internet access.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 09:12 PM

Nice haul ! What do you call cold down there ..? Like 40 degrees ...lol..It ain’t cold until you have to drill a hole to fish...

Re: pics or it didnt happen, plus my new stove. - 03/13/21 09:48 PM

If it gets below about 60 i will build a fire lol. You need to figure in our humidity in this cold weather equation. When i lived in kansas we thought it was quite comfortable to go outside for a while in a t shirt with snow on the ground some days. So it isnt like we cant handle just the cold alone. I do know that the older i get that real cold weather sure does make my body hurt. I may have to stay down here where my joints stay mostly thawed.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums