Home

Google "trapping"

Posted By: 20scout

Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 01:34 PM

And see how negative of a description you find. On a recent post on traps with teeth got me wondering as to when teeth were outlawed. After reading their description, I can see where it would leave one believing that teeth on traps are still allowed here in the US. I never did find the answer I was looking for but did come away wondering how many people base their opinion of trapping by reading such one sided nonsense. I know Google isn't the best search engine but it is very popular for alot of people and has influenced millions in their opinions for all sorts of issues. With such a popular search engine having such an influence of opinions, what can one do to change this?
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 01:38 PM

There are traps manufactured today that have teeth (i.e. LPCs), and toothed-traps are not illegal in all states.

Jack
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 01:38 PM

Heck try researching trapping in other Countries. I was looking at possible retirement locations and it seems the US and Canada are about the only places to trap, lol.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 01:39 PM

Duck duck go

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 01:41 PM

Was not aware of that Gulo, thanks for the info. But my main concern is the negative information on trapping the internet provides.
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 01:51 PM

WI says you may not set a trap with teeth unless located completely under water at all times.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 02:44 PM

Scout, everything on the net is true, don't ya know that! whistle grin
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 02:55 PM

I have participated in conversations regarding trapping with others with very little knowledge. I do bring them up to date on the improvements to traps and methods but I also can’t pass on the opportunity to point out the negative bias easily available by the information monopolies.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by 20scout
And see how negative of a description you find. On a recent post on traps with teeth got me wondering as to when teeth were outlawed. After reading their description, I can see where it would leave one believing that teeth on traps are still allowed here in the US.

Speaking of mis-information! Traps with teeth are still allowed in some places in the US. Alaska is a case in point.

Pete
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Heck try researching trapping in other Countries. I was looking at possible retirement locations and it seems the US and Canada are about the only places to trap, lol.

We have a dealer in Norway. Looks like pretty cool country but everything is expensive. (Buy your setter here before you go)LOL

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 03:53 PM

Perhaps I should rephrase my original post. Recently the local paper published a letter to the editor with the headlines [b][/b] It's time to end the cruel pastime of trapping. As you can guess it was full of negative statements and several of us would like to respond to some of her accusations, but before I jump in would like to do some research on to where she got her information. Teeth are just one of the many things she covered and I went on line to see what information was out there. Guess I should come here first as I was always let to believe they were outlawed, thanks for setting me straight on that! Regardless I am tired of being squeezed into a corner and would like to do something about it even if it's just a little bit. I am a new member of both the NTA and MTA and hope to become more active in defending my rights as a sportsman. I don't expect to change the world but every inch they gain is a foot we have to fight to get back.

Yes Lee, I am aware of that too and am amazed at how many truly believe that statement as well!

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Trapset
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

We have a dealer in Norway. Looks like pretty cool country but everything is expensive. (Buy your setter here before you go)LOL

Running away from the issue isn't the answer.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 04:16 PM

?
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 05:11 PM

I want to see billboards with pictures like Hobbie posted of a coyote carrying a small pet in its mouth or stills of one stalking a child. The best defense is a strong offense.

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by cmcf
I want to see billboards with pictures like Hobbie posted of a coyote carrying a small pet in its mouth or stills of one stalking a child. The best defense is a strong offense.

Something like this!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapping U.P.

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 06:39 PM

That’s good, now just get someone to put that in the news, or a billboard like cmcf said.
Posted By: Ethan1234

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 08:32 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ethan1234

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 08:33 PM

Look at that insane uneducated remark about trapping^^^
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 08:45 PM

I Googled "trapping" and learned about slang for rap lyrics and urban culture...

However, Wikipedia had an article about trapping that was surprisingly unbiased and factual.

The internet will provide you with whatever facts you wish to find to correspond to your preconceived bias.

Some people will always disapprove of trapping... We could improve trapping to the point that an animal is compelled to sit in one spot until the trapper arrives and uses rainbows and nursery rhymes to seduce the animal into eternal sleep... And they would still call it inhumane.

You'll never convince the mentally deficient... But the fence-sitters can usually be convinced that trapping is necessary even if they find it distasteful.

Mike

Re: Google "trapping" - 03/15/21 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I Googled "trapping" and learned about slang for rap lyrics and urban culture...

However, Wikipedia had an article about trapping that was surprisingly unbiased and factual.

The internet will provide you with whatever facts you wish to find to correspond to your preconceived bias.

Some people will always disapprove of trapping... We could improve trapping to the point that an animal is compelled to sit in one spot until the trapper arrives and uses rainbows and nursery rhymes to seduce the animal into eternal sleep... And they would still call it inhumane.

You'll never convince the mentally deficient... But the fence-sitters can usually be convinced that trapping is necessary even if they find it distasteful.

Mike

I agree with you Mike. Why is it you never hear anything in regards to road kills?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums