Home

Stimulus

Posted By: MNEric

Stimulus - 03/15/21 06:46 PM

What say you! Should we all donate our upcoming stimulus to state and national trappers organizations?
Posted By: Jags

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 06:49 PM

I don't qualify for the stimulus. I get to pay for it though.
Posted By: Deerkiller

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jags

Same here!
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:07 PM

Same. No welfare for me.
Posted By: LCoutdoorsman333

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:10 PM

just wait taxes are going up. 4t covid plan in the works with tax hikes.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:11 PM

Saving mine for the upcoming tax increase, sorta like a rubber band gun !!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:12 PM

2 trillion and the normal taxpayer gets $1400. Maybe .5 trillion going to taxpayers. 1.5 trillion going to liberal special interests....it is a farce and this will continue.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by MNEric
What say you! Should we all donate our upcoming stimulus to state and national trappers organizations?

Save it to pay for the $5 a gallon gas coming soon.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

Went up another dime here this afternoon
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:16 PM

Had an insured who had a big water damage claim inside his house from a broken pipe. After him and myself calling various remediation companies, we are finding it's hard to find a company that can provide him with workers to do flooring, carpeting, sheet rocking, and plumbing. Too many drawing unemployment compensation and getting stimulus money that don't want to work until the free money runs out.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:17 PM

And some of you actually voted for this moron. crazy
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:17 PM

As you can see there are plenty of reasons to keep it for yourself. LOL

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
2 trillion and the normal taxpayer gets $1400. Maybe .5 trillion going to taxpayers. 1.5 trillion going to liberal special interests....it is a farce and this will continue.

This stimulus is supposed to be for covid relief victims out of work, etc. Why are they sending money out of the country helping other countries?
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:43 PM

Gonna spend most of mine on wine and women and just waste the rest of it

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Gonna spend most of mine on wine and women and just waste the rest of it

laugh
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:51 PM

Nope. I might buy some traps though.

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:52 PM

It's freshly "printed" money. We'll all be paying it back.

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

This stimulus is supposed to be for covid relief victims out of work, etc. Why are they sending money out of the country helping other countries?

LOL. Shows what little people know what really goes on in politics. No offense, just saying.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 09:11 PM

Most people have got this all figured out. Don't spend that 1400 as it will be needed later for the tax bill. Its called the shell game-now you see it, now you don,t. Wealth redistribution through taxation.
Posted By: That Fool

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 09:15 PM

wait and see for me, more then likely guns or snowmachine parts
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 09:17 PM

I have alot of traps I haven't been using but something deep down inside tells me I'm gonna be needing them.
Posted By: headache73

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 09:18 PM

Mine is either going to Chevelle parts or a boat
Posted By: Clark

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter

And what does that make everyone else who voted for the previous President who did the same thing?
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

All the oilfield workers and contractors have been wanting this for a few years, they'll be happy yet still complain. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 10:01 PM

DITTO Scott....
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

It's freshly "printed" money. We'll all be paying it back.

With interest...
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 10:13 PM

just seen joe on tv he said the stimulus is well spent money, ,How did he know I am buy new gun and spending rest on ammo/and reloading supplies.

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Clark

And what does that make everyone else who voted for the previous President who did the same thing?

Smarter than the people who voted for the new guy. laugh
Posted By: adam m

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 10:22 PM

I'm tempted to use this and my refund on major ticket items for the house and a gun or 3. But with the tax increase and nonstop climbing gas prices I should save it. I really need the big ticket items bad, but they will add value to the house. Big ticket items needed bad kitchen appliances, kitchen cabinets, and HVAC.
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 10:43 PM

I think I'll bargain hunt .... maybe I'll made Joe and Kammy baby happy !! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 10:48 PM

The debt will never be paid back. Ever. Buy beans and rice and salt.
Nobody understands how much money $1 trillion is and were in hock aboat 30 trillion.
All millionaires and billionaires in the US are worth 1.5 trillion combined. Its unfathomable how deep we are. Our Grandkids will only see worse....they ain't paying off nothin.
Posted By: uglyduck

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 11:07 PM

you said the same of DJT and you took republican welfare check with a smile

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 11:30 PM

This was just on the local news.....
Hope you all don't have debt in collections. This bill allows debt collectors to seize your money.

https://www.krqe.com/news/national/...sM9XmNxktOkwqJ-VLCOJspw3UhWn7H9RkTQfyIik

WASHINGTON (WJW) — Americans with unpaid debts could have their stimulus checks seized by collectors. Unlike with previous economic payments, debt collectors will be able to garnish money from the third round of stimulus payments that are being distributed as early as this weekend by the Department of Treasury and Internal Revenue Service.

The American Bankers Association is urging lawmakers to pass legislation that would protect the badly-needed funds. In a letter Wednesday, the ABA stated that they have “joined a coalition of financial and consumer advocacy groups urging Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen to support standalone legislation to ensure that these payments are shielded from assignment and garnishment.”

The ABA said that if Congress does not act, banks and other financial service providers will have to comply with court ordered garnishments.

“It is simple to code the payments as exempt, and we believe it is imperative that Congress ensure that these next stimulus payments are treated as ‘benefits’ subject to the federal exemption from garnishment,” members of the coalition said in a statement. “Otherwise, the families that most need this money—those struggling with debt and whose entire bank accounts may be frozen by garnishment orders—will not be able to access their funds.”

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
The debt will never be paid back. Ever. Buy beans and rice and salt.
Nobody understands how much money $1 trillion is and were in hock aboat 30 trillion.
All millionaires and billionaires in the US are worth 1.5 trillion combined. Its unfathomable how deep we are. Our Grandkids will only see worse....they ain't paying off nothin.

The great reset is coming.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Stimulus - 03/15/21 11:50 PM

Today must be the start of Richard-Fest! LMAO
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ScottW
[quote=upstateNY][quote=MNEric]

All the oilfield workers and contractors have been wanting this for a few years, they'll be happy yet still complain. Happy trapping! ScottW

Have you been paying attention to what the current POTUS has said about pill and fracking?

Most money I ever made trapping was when gas was at its highest. Bring it on

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 12:10 AM

The previous president would have signed this bill in a heartbeat.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 12:28 AM

Exactly, Why???
Posted By: Boco

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 12:30 AM

Looks better on the balance sheet.

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
The previous president would have signed this bill in a heartbeat.

Idk, I think he would've seen the nonsense in it and said nope. Then he would've got ridiculed.

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 12:47 AM

I should retract. He may not have signed this particular bill. I like to think he'd have told the states to figure out their own mess.

1.9 trillion? Yeah he'd have agreed to that number targeted in a different way
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 12:58 AM

Has anyone here got the stimulus deposited to their account yet?
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 01:29 AM

I have a buddy who is claiming he has got it already.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 01:34 AM

No...wish they’d hurry, baby needs new shoes!!
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 01:40 AM

I should retract. He may not have signed this particular bill. I like to think he'd have told the states to figure out their own mess.

1.9 trillion? Yeah he'd have agreed to that number targeted in a different way

Of course Trump would have gladly spent 1.9 Trillion of money we don't have. See previous bankruptcies.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 02:05 AM

Have you been paying attention to what the current POTUS has said about pill and fracking?

Most money I ever made trapping was when gas was at its highest. Bring it on

I've heard much of it. Guessing most already awarded leases that haven't been drilled will be allowed to be drilled and currently operating stuff will continue. I have no inside knowledge, but guessing they will make more money with $3-4 gas in the next couple years than the last couple when a lot has been idled. I personally think very little will change in the oil fields (I.e, it's going to take some time to "ban" fracking) by the end of this current administration. He knows doing that overnight isn't what we truly need now and will drag it out as long as he can, plus it takes a while to get things rolling.

I didn't make NEAR the money you did, but my best profit fur years have mostly been with expensive fuel/gas.

Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 02:16 AM

I had more time than you did Scott.

It wasn't the expensive gas, it was the weak dollar that made us profitable. It's happening again, get your gear ready,.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 02:43 AM

Most money I made trapping was during Carter's administration. I also took out my first farm operating loan about then...21% annual interest from my bank. Dollar was extremely weak.

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 02:45 AM

You're a little older than I am Carl lol.

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 03:48 AM

You're right Steven, he would have signed that amount but without the useless spending.

MnMan, a friend got theirs on Saturday
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 04:15 AM

Save your stimulus Biden is working on the new tax increase to be rolled out soon. Corporate tax is going back up from 21% to 28% The capital gains tax is going up to 40% for you stock market guys that made a killing will pay big next year. All others are going up too.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 10:54 AM

What's even worse is we are enslaving our children and grandchildren. Guns and ammo are probably one of the better investments. At least with those you can hand them down to your offspring. They may very well need them for survival.
Wonder how long it will take to get all the backlogged coon out of the system?
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 11:07 AM

It is my understanding a lot of the stimulus money will be deposited in accounts tomorrow. My source is my two daughters. I had breakfast with them yesterday and they both said they were getting their stimulus money tomorrow, I understood they tracked it somehow on the internet, lol.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 01:10 PM

Just buy Ammo
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 03:30 PM

they just named it the relief so regular uneducated people would get all excited and be in favor of it. then they could get the bill passed easier to give out billions to their causes. SMH
Posted By: wadask

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 04:22 PM

My prediction is mortgage rate starting late this year will increase 5% plus.
Posted By: wadask

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 04:23 PM

federal students loan well who knows frown
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 04:23 PM

they just named it the relief so regular uneducated people would get all excited and be in favor of it. then they could get the bill passed easier to give out billions to their causes. SMH[/quote]

X2

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
You're right Steven, he would have signed that amount but without the useless spending.

MnMan, a friend got theirs on Saturday

It's all useless.

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 05:04 PM

If interest rates go to 5 percent the housing market is over
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 05:12 PM

If interest rates go to 5% the US is over, even the auto industry would take a hit.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 07:53 PM

Hope folks aren't in a big hurry to get their income tax refunds. The IRS dealing with the stimulus BS has pushed processing them way behind too.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Hope folks aren't in a big hurry to get their income tax refunds. The IRS dealing with the stimulus BS has pushed processing them way behind too.

Not in no hurry at all to pay in. Push the dates back for all I care.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by bankrunner

yep..
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Stimulus - 03/16/21 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by bankrunner

You know better than that. You'll be expected to pay right on time.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums