Home

Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure

Posted By: Canvasback2

Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:18 AM

Maybe not everywhere, but it sure seems like it here !!

Call around for the shots. No one will answer any questions about if you qualify. That's is, IF you can actually get someone on the phone !!

1 If you are under 60 years of age, you don't qualify, unless you have comorbidities .

2. Look at the list, and they only give half answers.

3. If you are PAID to take care of an elderly Person, you qualify. But, if you do the same thing, and are NOT getting paid, you don't qualify.

4. If you have neurological conditions including but not limited to , Alzheimer's; You qualify. They don't say what the other conditions are.

Anyone else run into this ???
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:22 AM

Nope, there aint five men in the country that could hold me down long enough to give it to me, last thing Im doing is spending my time trying to get it. Most everyone up here that wanted it has had it now though.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:24 AM

Just show up and tell them your a private paid caregiver. It’s worked for just about anyone who wants a shot around here. It’s not like they check, lol. Heck I got an email from the hospital in the town I work telling me they had a shot waiting for me because I’m a first responder. I work for the phone company, lol. I politely declined.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:27 AM

Claim you are an undocumented minority of some type. Right to the front of the line! whistle
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:39 AM

You should see what I ran into today!!! --- I am not interested in getting the shot so I have no vested interest in the B.S. A small (very small - less than 10 people) nursery that I do business with (also very liberal), anyway - when I showed up today to pickupi some irrigation pipe for repair, there was a state of oregon vehicle parked in the entrance. I parked out of the way and went to talk to the owner ---- I loved his comments -- " you probably don't want to get involved in this" and then said " you aren't interested in getting a covid shot are you? " . I replied that you couldn't pay me enough to get the vaccine -- the conversation continued for a while. Apparently my tax dollars are paying for the 1/2 illegal workers getting vaccinations, and are also paying for the case or two of h95 masks they are delivering along with the vaccinations. I was asked if I wanted a mask or two and just laughed. --- He agreed and said that he didn't think that I was a mask sort of guy. There are hospitals, nursing homes, and many health care workers that want the shots and don't have access to them yet, but our governor is making sure all of our illegals are being taken care of ------- I AM SO PROUD TO LIVE IN THIS STATE -------NOT.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 02:12 AM

Nope. Hospital employee, we were offered first dibs. Refused of course. Rest of my age group will be last in line next to the kids that cant have it till they turn 18 or the vaccines get FDA approval
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 02:18 AM

Indiana is running pretty smooth. They opened it up to 50 year olds a couple of weeks ago. I went online and signed up for the next day. Was at the shot clinic about 20 minutes. Including the 15 minute after the shot wait period.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 02:18 AM

Must be very inconsistent from State to State. It was at least a month ago neighbour friends flew into Florida on a Thursday and had their vaccines on Friday, the next day.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 02:19 AM

Yall been to the post office and you expect the gubernment can handle heathcare? Ha.

Horn's Post Office excluded of course
grin
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2

Call around for the shots. No one will answer any questions about if you qualify. That's is, IF you can actually get someone on the phone !!

1 If you are under 60 years of age, you don't qualify, unless you have comorbidities .

3. If you are PAID to take care of an elderly Person, you qualify. But, if you do the same thing, and are NOT getting paid, you don't qualify.

4. If you have neurological conditions including but not limited to , Alzheimer's; You qualify. They don't say what the other conditions are.

Im elegible for mine,,and don't want it.You can have it if you want.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Must be very inconsistent from State to State. It was at least a month ago neighbour friends flew into Florida on a Thursday and had their vaccines on Friday, the next day.

Ron has been getting a lot of positive press lately for his leadership so Im not surprised to hear that about FL.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 04:02 AM

How is this unusual for the government? SNAFU
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 04:24 AM

And you are surprised at that in New York? NY has pretty much been the poster child for how NOT to deal with covid from the get go.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 04:36 AM

Had to give you and update --- just because OR is ALMOST as f up as CA and NY. Dad tried to sign up for the vaccine today (77 and in good health except for the high blood pressure and prostate cancer) He was not approved -- Guess he answered the race ? wrong. He said he will try and figure out why tomorrow. We both live in the wrong states for common sense -- sorry.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 06:56 AM

Ohio's Covid website is poor quality, with parts of it frequently down and less pertinent information presented first. My county only has two places that give the vaccine. One, the Champaign Health District site has locked up and not loaded every time I've attempted to use it and has an accreditation warning. The other, the Kroger in Urbana, had no appointments available every time I looked at it, even though you can book at least 30 days in advance of your appointment.

I went through the main Kroger Covid page last night and was able to get us both appointments, for the first and second vaccinations at a Kroger in an adjoining county.

Kroger's Covid website tells you if your eligible or not, what Krogers have appointments available and lets you pick when you want to be vaccinated. You can schedule both appointments, rather than wait until after the first shot. The website was easy to use. I recommend looking at Kroger if you want to get the vaccine and have a Kroger nearby.

This website lets you book an appointment in 35 states and DC.

https://www.kroger.com/i/coronavirus-update/vaccine

Keith
Posted By: James

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 08:26 AM

Got my second shot more than a month ago. All went smoothly.

Jim
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 09:45 AM

Certain counties in PA are doing it better than others. Our local family owned pharmacy is really pumping them out pretty good. My parents live in a county that butts up against Allegheny county (Pittsburgh). Both of them, over 80, mom fighting cancer, dad with heart issues, and a whole host of other things, can't even get on a waiting list.
I put my "application" in on a Friday, and got my first shot 5 days later.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 10:38 AM

I have been called saying I could sign up and even told I could come get the Rona vaccine. I say No thanks and hang up.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 11:54 AM

Here in IA they are claiming there is an gender inequality because 65% of the shots have been to women. It seems if men wanted it they could get in line too but if they are like us, my wife got the shot because she is in education field and I have not because I am in the hay field. I won't take it if they want me too but this is one time where gender inequality works out for the feminists and they still are complaining about an inequality. lol,
LLL
Posted By: EdP

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 12:05 PM

Here in Va the shots are given by county health depts and by the CVS pharmacy chain. CVS was contracted by the federal govt and it appears their vaccine supply is from the feds separate from what the health depts get from the state. There are only about a dozen CVS pharmacy locations participating but luckily one is near me. They are very well organized and efficient with appointments scheduled at one time for both shots, multiple reminders sent, paperwork done ahead of time on-line, no wasted vaccine, etc. The health depts not so much. They have lots of no shows and then scramble to get anyone in they can to try to use up the vaccine they have thawed. No surprise that private industry can do effectively what government fumbles and bumbles.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 12:11 PM

I got a text from the hospital a week or so ago saying if I wanted one to text back yes. I did not reply. I am pretty sure I had chinese flu last year. Have been exposed several times to people who tested positive and nothing. I suspect having the virus and getting over it, is a pretty good vaccine.

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I got a text from the hospital a week or so ago saying if I wanted one to text back yes. I did not reply. I am pretty sure I had chinese flu last year. Have been exposed several times to people who tested positive and nothing. I suspect having the virus and getting over it, is a pretty good vaccine.

The best I believe. I did have it and have not looked back after loosing taste and smell for 9 days. LLL
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:18 PM

Everything seems to be online, I was struggling... My son made me an appointment and printed me out a ticket for entry. I went to my appointment with my Dr. note of comorbidities, Driver's license, Insurance card and the entry ticket. People were respectful, kept their distance and all masked up. Temperature was checked and asked a few questions(symptoms, contacts, travel, etc.) before going in. I sat down for my shot, more questions. Because of my health issues they had a nurse come over with further questions. I received my shot, the Johnson & Johnson. A one shot deal, I like that. They gave me a card documenting had received the shot and a bandaid. This happened on March 7th, hadn't have any reaction to the shot whichsoever. Right after I received my shot my Doctor and local pharmacy called saying they had the vaccine available for me.

Canvasback2, I went to the Expo at the Syracuse Fair Grounds. My appointment was at 4:30am, I was in and out in 40min. My son told me people told him it took 3hrs. during the day. Another strange thing the whole time never, heard a single cough or sneeze the entire time? Good luck to you sir.

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper

The best I believe. I did have it and have not looked back after loosing taste and smell for 9 days. LLL

Don't be too sure about immunity after having the rona. My nephew and his wife both had mild cases months ago. My nephew tested positive for the anti bodies several weeks afterwards and was recruited to donate plasma due to having the anti bodies.

Several months later, he got sick again and was hospitalized. Has been on a vent to keep him alive for over a month and is still not out of the woods. He is mid 60s and in generally good health before this episode of the rona.

This is a strange virus for sure.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:36 PM

That's rough but cases of reinfection are very low fewer than a 100 worldwide last I heard.

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
That's rough but cases of reinfection are very low fewer than a 100 worldwide last I heard.

And that brings up another good point....I believe very little of what I hear anymore, especially when I have no first hand knowledge. What we hear is so manipulated, it is hard to know what to believe anymore. Data that does not fit the narrative is not reported IMO.

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 02:16 PM

I am skeptical of anything a talking head on TV says. The last time I was exposed my son had it. We loaded 223 ammo most of a day on a Saturday. Killed a hog, hung it up gutted and skinned it Saturday evening. He went home. Came back Sunday with his wife. We butchered that pig. The next day Monday, both got tested and were positive. I stayed away from folks and so did my wife for two weeks. Neither of us got sick. Had been around my daughter her family right before they tested positive several weeks earlier, and also more casual contact from several co-workers. No symptoms.

It is my opinion, based solely on my personal experience, that recovery from chinese flu does provide some immunity.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 03:05 PM

VA called, said they had the shot availible to take. I told them, you can give it to whomever want's it, but I'm not taking it. The lady said, I passed on mine too! I said, thank you and hung up. Talked to my nurse before you go in to see the doc, she said the same thing! I pass on the flu shot too.

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 03:12 PM

They texted me Lee. I wonder how many people chose to get it?
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 03:24 PM

Nobody has bothered me at all. It appears, I'm being sacrificed for everybody else. Glad I could help!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 03:36 PM

The Astrazeneca "vaccine" has been suspended in a number of countries since it has been known to cause blood clots in some patients. Now, Astrazeneca is trying to get approval in the US.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 03:39 PM

I am skeptical of anything a talking head on TV says. The last time I was exposed my son had it. We loaded 223 ammo most of a day on a Saturday. Killed a hog, hung it up gutted and skinned it Saturday evening. He went home. Came back Sunday with his wife. We butchered that pig. The next day Monday, both got tested and were positive. I stayed away from folks and so did my wife for two weeks. Neither of us got sick. Had been around my daughter her family right before they tested positive several weeks earlier, and also more casual contact from several co-workers. No symptoms.

It is my opinion, based solely on my personal experience, that recovery from chinese flu does provide some immunity.

I think your underwear face mask helped you out. laugh

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 08:07 PM

Don't be too sure about immunity after having the rona. My nephew and his wife both had mild cases months ago. My nephew tested positive for the anti bodies several weeks afterwards and was recruited to donate plasma due to having the anti bodies.

Several months later, he got sick again and was hospitalized. Has been on a vent to keep him alive for over a month and is still not out of the woods. He is mid 60s and in generally good health before this episode of the rona.

This is a strange virus for sure. [/quote]

Thanks but I will take my chances after all no one knows the long term effects of the shot nor how long it really works or even if it does. You still have to do all the things like wear a mask, social distance, and not visit grandkids. Why would you put something in your arm that the gov. says really don't protect you?

Also how many folks have had a second illness out of 30 million that we know have had it? They say the vaccine will not protect you from getting it. It has a 95% chance of keeping you from dying.I will bet you that 5% of those who have had it have not got it again. LLL
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Yall been to the post office and you expect the gubernment can handle heathcare? Ha.

Horn's Post Office excluded of course
grin

Exactly. Along with anyone who spent time in the military.

Hurry up and wait.

Mike
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 08:19 PM

Got the letter from the Doc today. Thought that would give me a chance at getting the shot .. No, all stores said. Have to be 60 or older. or go to the hospital for the shot. Called all the Hospitals. They are all out.
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 08:55 PM

Got the letter from the Doc today. Thought that would give me a chance at getting the shot .. No, all stores said. Have to be 60 or older. or go to the hospital for the shot. Called all the Hospitals. They are all out.

I believe pharmacies are held to the "60 or older" restriction. General state sites giving the vaccine can give it to anyone(adult) with comorbidities, like the Expo at the state fair grounds(syr) or SUNY Polytech University in Utica. A local pharmacy did put me on a waiting list and will call you when you are eligible and the vaccine is available, your doctor should too. Both the pharmacy and my doctor called me right after I had received the vaccine to let me know they had it available. If you have any difficulty navigating the internet at all, get a younger adult to help you out. My son knew my whole medical history and my ID info, he got me two appointments, one two week out and then another one four days out. I was lost til he took over with his smartphone.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/16/21 11:51 PM

I think South Dakota is about to bust open to any adult, probably before April 1. It's now open to any adult who has some sort of "chronic" health issues. I know a 40ish hiker and a mid-40s runner (who has done marathons before) have both gotten at least one shot. My wife has a number of health issues but is on generic Plaquinel which is a form of HCQ. I have a supply of generic HCQ and Zithromax, and if I want Ivermectin, I can get that in short order.

New study out in JAMA saying that random testing through late last Sept shows that the percentage of people with the antibodies (I think nation-wide) was double what John Hopkins people were saying for "official" cases for the same time. That means if covid's "death rate" (deaths/cases) was say 3% as of Sept 30, that now gets cut in half for a "real death rate". I'll take my chances...
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/17/21 01:49 AM

Nothing hard to figure out, New York is a communist state so NOTHING there is going to go smoothly, only get worse but at least your state government got bailed out by the rest of us states that are not crazy so they can now over spend a few more years.

Not taking an experimental drug for a common cold i'll survive if i even get it.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/17/21 02:01 AM

I wish I had gotten it during turkey season, lol. Although I did have a good 10 days of trapping!
Posted By: Kev56

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/17/21 02:12 AM

You may want to try to sign up down here in Orange County NY. My wife and me signed up in February and she was able to get the J&J vaccine at a county POD (point of distribution) in Goshen NY two weeks ago. I got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine last Wednesday at another county POD in Port Jervis NY. In and out in 30 minutes. Since that time I have received two emails from the county saying they had vaccine available for the next day. Seems like they have access to a pretty good supply.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Roll out of Covid-19 shots a complete failure - 03/17/21 02:17 AM

I could've got on my rez a few weeks back but I had a class that had to be done. I don't want the shot but if it means I can go home to the rez then so be it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums