Home

Shot Card

Posted By: Anonymous

Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:10 AM

From what I understand when you receive the covid vaccine you get a card showing you have been vaccinated. What is the reason for such a card? Adults don't get cards for flu, shingles, and other vaccines.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:13 AM

Just think about it.

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:14 AM

I have. Will a mask replace the Star of David?
Posted By: NorthenTrapper

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:15 AM

I personally think its to remind the hard of memory when their next shot is.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
I have. Will a mask replace the Star of David?

Lack of mask or the card is the replacement.
Posted By: Kev56

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:20 AM

The county did give me a card afterward now that you mention it. I has the CDC logo on it. Guess so the gov can track who's had the shot and where. Like they don't already know what we're up too via our drivers license, social security number, etc.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:24 AM

So you can prove you have had the vaccine when looking to enter establishments that require it.
Posted By: Big Timber

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:29 AM

I'm getting all nostalgic thinking about having a fake card in my wallet again
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
So you can prove you have had the vaccine when looking to enter establishments that require it.

[Linked Image]

Vhere is your vaccine caahd ?
Posted By: adam m

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
From what I understand when you receive the covid vaccine you get a card showing you have been vaccinated. What is the reason for such a card? Adults don't get cards for flu, shingles, and other vaccines.

No clue. It's something i wondered about too from the rollout. But here's something else to think about.... they say you need 2 shots, but the card says you need 4. Hmmmm...?

Various businesses like airlines and various countries are requiring proof of vaccination.

Now the CDC is saying the shots are good upto 3 months.hmmmm?
Pfizer at a conference said they will increase prices once the pandemic level is off and will require a booster at least once a year. Hmmmm....?

It's all too fishy.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Big Timber
I'm getting all nostalgic thinking about having a fake card in my wallet again

grin
Posted By: Spade

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 03:44 AM

When we got our first shot, we were given a card to remind us on the date for the 2nd. The card was filled out showing when we had our 2nd shot and given back to us. Didn't bother me none, that I have a card showing I was given both shots. I had to carry a shot record for 24 years while I was in the military.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 03:53 AM

I'm not in the military and the government doesn't own me.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 03:54 AM

Obviously people will not be allowed to go some places and take part in some activities without proof of vaccination for Covid-19.

Keith
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 03:58 AM

They are not sure what follow up shots might be needed it could be to keep track of the shots maybe, or the chip is in the card? wink
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 04:50 AM

Haha. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Just someone who has a strong distrust of a government that has done much to earn that distrust.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 04:52 AM

I have been vaccinated for lots of stuff in my life and there has been a card of some sort filled out every time. Vaccine record cards are not something new. The one I got for the covid shot was not the typical yellow vaccination record card but it was just a heavy card stock with the information hand written on it. Not something I will be carrying around but I will put it in a safe place and get the info added to my medical record the next time I go to my primary care.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 04:57 AM

Twist things any way you want.All it was was the date and which vaccine it was and when your second one was due.
Not a big deal except for those that want to make a big deal out of anything vaccine related.
Tom
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 05:06 AM

At least not tattooing the forearm. Maybe that comes later...
Posted By: DanN

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 05:09 AM

I remember a history lesson about people who had to show papers to be able to go certain places. Also remember it ended badly for alot of them.
Posted By: DanN

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Obviously people will not be allowed to go some places and take part in some activities without proof of vaccination for Covid-19.

Keith

If the vaccine doesn't prevent one from getting covid or spreading it , why would one have to show proof to go certain places. If you're vaccinated and can still get it and spread it how are you different than someone who hasn't been vaccinated?
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by DanN

Keith

If the vaccine doesn't prevent one from getting covid or spreading it , why would one have to show proof to go certain places. If you're vaccinated and can still get it and spread it how are you different than someone who hasn't been vaccinated?

It's an evolving process that they are constantly learning from. Very recent studies are showing it is looking very likely that the vaccination generally reduces the chances of spreading covid if infected after vaccination. I think it's fair to say if it reduces ones chance of severe covid and ALSO reduces the chance of spreading it by let's just say 50%, that's a good big deal. If that were the case, I'm the average person the reduction in spread would ultatelu be more helpful overall than the other effects. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 09:19 AM

Boco nailed it.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

No need for a tattoo with a chip under the skin.

A cousin that works for an airline believes it’s only a matter of time before it will be required to fly.

I wouldn’t get all conspiracy theorist until they make killing game and gardening illegal.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 10:00 AM

I still have my childhood shot record card.
It's a piece of hard stock paper that has which vaccines I received. Like MMR, Polio, Small pox, and a few others. At one point it was used to go to school so you could show you were up to date. I also still have my military shot card around here somewhere.
Anyone in the military remember lining up to get your shots before shipping out? They sure didn't tell you what all they were vaccinating you for. Walk you one behind the other sticking needles or an air gun on your arms and pushing the plunger.

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
It's a piece of hard stock paper that has which vaccines I received. Like MMR, Polio, Small pox, and a few others. At one point it was used to go to school so you could show you were up to date. I also still have my military shot card around here somewhere.
Anyone in the military remember lining up to get your shots before shipping out? They sure didn't tell you what all they were vaccinating you for. Walk you one behind the other sticking needles or an air gun on your arms and pushing the plunger.

I think it was already mentioned that you are property in the military.

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 10:37 AM

Sure you had the immunization card as a kid, had to have it to get in school. As a civilian adult though I've never had a vaccination card. My concern is not the vaccination but the implication that by not having records, movement is restricted. Not a good path to follow for a supposedly free people, IMO.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 10:56 AM

I hear there are still people wanting a vaccine who can't get it yet. Nothing about this so called pandemic stands up to even cursory examination. At least half the country dont want a shot but with three companies producing them there still are not enough????? I wonder how they managed to produce enough flu shots?

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 10:59 AM

P.S. Why worry about making folks show a card to get on a plane. The virus will obviously kill them. The card carriers and mask wearers will be fine.

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 01:04 PM

My TV is watching me!

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
My TV is watching me!

Only if you have internet service.

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Law Dog
My TV is watching me!

Only if you have internet service.

I’d do crap! crazy
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 02:59 PM

The card seems to be an odd size, not really conducive to a wallet...It does, however, fit nicely into my passport though...
Posted By: charles

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 03:02 PM

You may need it to fly, or cross state or national borders, be admitted to a hospital, attend certain functions, or numerous other things. Not bad to have. Give your doctor a copy.

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 03:40 PM

If a foreign country says i need one to enter thats one thing. To cross a state line though i guess i will just be another criminal
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If a foreign country says i need one to enter thats one thing. To cross a state line though i guess i will just be another criminal

This is how I am looking at it...
Posted By: hippie

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 04:01 PM

Had a nurses car in the shop a week ago or so and she had her card laying on the console. I noticed it had spaces for at least 10 series of shots.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by NonPCfed

No need for a tattoo with a chip under the skin.

A cousin that works for an airline believes it’s only a matter of time before it will be required to fly.

I wouldn’t get all conspiracy theorist until they make killing game and gardening illegal.

The governor of Michigan closed the seed idles at the stores last year.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic

Ever see anyone flinch bad when getting an airgun shot? Boy, they will rip your arm. Leaves a heck of a welt too! Anyone forging those shot cards yet?
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 06:03 PM

Lee, The guy in front of me flinched, then passed out. While he was down on the ground it looked like a bunch of vultures attacking him with those air guns. thwap thwap thwap. When he came to they had him all bandaged up. He said he wasn't getting anymore shots. They told him not to worry, they got him while he was out. He was not a happy camper.

He probably still has the scars to this day from where his skin tore.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 07:45 PM

P.S. Why worry about making folks show a card to get on a plane. The virus will obviously kill them. The card carriers and mask wearers will be fine.

Excellent point!

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

Excellent point!

It’s like a “B” movie where those that have little to no symptoms are carriers walking around infecting others that die from it creating some master race but there’s Woody Harrelson and Angelina Jolie riding around in a semi with Doogy Howser in the back making up vaccines for everybody while Woody and Angelina are shooting everybody not wearing a mask. lol
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Shot Card - 03/17/21 10:36 PM

I think once word gets out, the government will not get away with forcing you to get a shot, if they do we will be well on the way to shots fired, here is a Q&A to help with your decision
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Twist things any way you want.All it was was the date and which vaccine it was and when your second one was due.
Not a big deal except for those that want to make a big deal out of anything vaccine related.
Tom

That's right. The degree of paranoia on here has always exceeded common sense by a wide margin.

Jarhead

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 04:41 PM

I’m gonna be needing one of them fake shot cards. Let me know when they come out.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 05:11 PM

They don't need the card to track you. The micro chip that came with the shot takes care of that. I'm not sure what it is for. I do know they put the date of the second shot on it and gave it back to me but they did,t mention anything about keeping up with it so that leads me to believe it doesn't have a sneaky pete agenda.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 05:11 PM

I think everyone needs to just relax a little , I’m pretty sure they won’t ask us to get wrist tattoos. This year !
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by DanN

Keith

You're not supposed to ask such logical questions.

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 08:26 PM

Who cares if you catch it or spread it if you dont get sick from it anymore.
Only those dummies who dont get the vacine will be the ones who get sick from it,and that is from their own backwards thinking.
Do stupid things you win stupid prizes.

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 09:49 PM

Less impact from the virus on a person so no need to go to the hospital then. That’s all it will do nobody is saying anything otherwise but that’s the part the foil hats leave out.

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 09:59 PM

This is not about the vaccination itself. I have know issue with someone taking the vaccine. Kudos to DJT for removing the red tape and getting it done. However, since I'm choosing not to vaccinate at this time I do have concern on restrictions placed upon me and others that choose not to...if such occurs. Why would a card be necessary if not for some plans for restrictions on the unvaccinated?
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 11:35 PM

I am not sure where some of the foil hat crowd gets there information. Certainly not from credible sources. Shot cards are nothing new. I found a safe a few months back. Broke it open. Found 3 different vaccination cards dating back to the 50s. 60s. What is really sad. Is some continue to spread false information. The meme on that Covid ?s really quite humorous. Especially the aviation part. Obviously the creator of the meme knows little to nothing about early aviation. I guess some continue to spread gloom and doom. No one is forcing anyone to get a shot. But a business has the right to protect its self from law suits. I warned you all back in January what is coming down the line.

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
I am not sure where some of the foil hat crowd gets there information. Certainly not from credible sources. Shot cards are nothing new. I found a safe a few months back. Broke it open. Found 3 different vaccination cards dating back to the 50s. 60s. What is really sad. Is some continue to spread false information. The meme on that Covid ?s really quite humorous. Especially the aviation part. Obviously the creator of the meme knows little to nothing about early aviation. I guess some continue to spread gloom and doom. No one is forcing anyone to get a shot. But a business has the right to protect its self from law suits. I warned you all back in January what is coming down the line.

So when you get a flu vaccine get you get a vaccination card? Never saw that happen here.

Re: Shot Card - 03/18/21 11:41 PM

Started out most like to keep track for the second shot as many older folks are challenged at keeping track of time and it’s a record, we could not go to public school as a kid so the restrictions have been around for ever on proof of vaccinations. If people don’t get it I’m fine with that just gets old hearing the made up “facts” and ignoring the true use of the shots. It’s all about choices we make take it or don’t it’s a personal choice no doubt.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by white dog
I'm not in the military and the government doesn't own me.

Thank you. It amazes me how gullible and nonthinking the general public is.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 02:06 AM

And what really is interesting is that all the people who got the shot are so touchy about it. Its like they have to reinforce to themselves that they made a truly informed, intelligent choice.

Tin foil hat wearers they call us. We don’t care what you do to yourself. Leave the rest of us out of it.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 02:21 AM

It’s not the ones getting the shot that won’t let it go it’s the internet experts that won’t let it go you don’t want it don’t get its that simple.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 02:52 AM

Jerry ,you are right on the spot. Can't understand why those that get the vaccine are criticised and belittled by those that don't want it.
Why alienate fellow trappers---Stop and think---those of us that get the vaccination ,are going to be the ones that anti vaccinationers are going to need--to keep our rights to trap.
Quit pissing on your fellow trappers. Unity amongst us is what we need--As has been said,If you don't want the shot--don't take it.
You don't know the circumstances in everyones lives,that may dictate why they get the vaccine.
Joe South said it best--"Hey, before you accuse,criticize and abuse---WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES"
Tom
Posted By: Posco

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 02:58 AM

People rightly don't trust the government. It's as simple as that.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 03:12 AM

Since when are those getting the vaccination --the government???? Seems those on here are fellow trappers.
Save the hate for the government .
Tom

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 03:16 AM

Since when are those getting the vaccination --the government???? Seems those on here are fellow trappers.
Tom

Hate? You guys are really stretching it.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 03:19 AM

Tom

Seems you don't understand how the vaccine like everything else in this country has been politicized. It breeds a general distrust in the government. That's why you're witnessing resistance to the shot.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 10:39 AM

https://principia-scientific.com/proof-that-the-pandemic-was-planned-with-purpose/
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 10:48 AM

Tom

A touch dramatic here.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 11:24 AM

I suppose getting the vaccine is a validation/trust in government. That is probably the reason for any voicing of disparity.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 01:18 PM

The drama is from the ones going on about like their choice is the only one have not seen one thread about how stupid it is to not get the shot get real.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 05:46 PM

So I can clarify one last time. It makes no difference to me wether you get a shot or not. That is your choice. What I have been trying to inform you about is this. Once the vaccines come available to anyone and everyone. Private companies maybe forced in order to do business. To only allow vaccinated people to be employed or allowed in there buildings. Why you may ask. Lawsuits!!! Someone gets Covid. The patient dies and it is determined it is Covid. Link it to a building or employee of the establishment. This is how Covid is tracked. A business will do whatever it takes to protect themselves. One lawsuit over a death to a small business is a way to go out of business.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 06:00 PM

I will say it-It is stupid not to get vaccinated for any disease when the vaccine is available.-Unless you have an allergy to a certain vaccine.
Since there are several proven vaccines available for covid there is no issue.
People in democratic societys have the option to be stupid and not get the vaccine.
That is why natural selection works so well.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 06:06 PM

I will say it-It is stupid not to get vaccinated for any disease when the vaccine is available.-Unless you have an allergy to a certain vaccine.
People in democratic societys have the option to be stupid and not get the vaccine.

Natural selection would be those getting it and dying vs those getting it and surviving.

The vaccine is keeping an inferior specimen alive.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 06:21 PM

There is no proven vaccine for covid 19.

These vaccines you speak of are experimental vaccines, every one of them.

Big difference in Experimental and Proven.

But some folks choose to be uninformed!

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 08:01 PM

They are all proven to keep you from getting sick from covid.
The only thing they are not 100% positive of yet is that those who get/have the covid who got vaccinated can still spread it and cause those who have not got the vaccine to become sick.
They are fairly sure that will not happen but they cannot say yet 100%.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 08:07 PM

They are all proven.
Proven to do what?

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
They are all proven.
Proven to do what?

Reduce the impact of the virus on people and keep you out of the hospital and that’s it!
Posted By: Kansas Rook

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 09:53 PM

I have a card of all of my children's vaccination as they are required for school entry. They have been giving vaccination cards out for years.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 10:12 PM

anyone read the link I posted above? not saying its 100 percent fact but enough of it has been proven they will have to vaccinate my corpse!
Posted By: Spade

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 10:28 PM

From mediabiasfactcheck site: "Overall, we rate Principia Scientific International (PSI) a strong conspiracy and Pseudoscience website that promotes anti-vaccine propaganda and frequent misinformation regarding climate change. (D. Van Zandt 7/18/2017) Updated (9/26/2019)" https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/principia-scientific-international

This is just information only: For probably every site that is pasted here that is anti-shot I could probably post 10 that are pro-shot and vice-versa, you'll have to do your own research to get thru the chaff to the straw. As far as shot cards what is the big deal.

Posted By: cfowler

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
anyone read the link I posted above? not saying its 100 percent fact but enough of it has been proven they will have to vaccinate my corpse!

I did. Thanks! Was familiar with some, but not all of the topics touched on.

The only folks I know of that got the shot(s) around here are older. Many I spoke with in March/April of 2020, and they were commenting on how they’d be the first in line when a “vaccine” was available. They were too. Many of my friends are in the healthcare profession. NONE have got the vaccine and say they won unless it’s mandated. A couple said they’d just find a new job.

Funny that many of the sources in the article were described as conspiracy theorist. Now that the things they spoke/wrote about years ago are true, they’re still conspiracy theorist.

Nothing anyone says for or against the vaccines changes the VERY low death rate, or that nobody knows for sure what changes the vaccines may make to the human immune system. I’m not gonna be a guinea pig.

Of course I believe the election was stolen and that the communist are just warming up. I came to those conclusions on my own, through the use of rational thought.

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 11:22 PM

Boco has not provided his definition of Proven so I am not sure what he is thinking.

None of the covid 19 vaccines are Approved by the FDA in the normal sense of what FDA Approval consists of. All of these vaccines are listed by the FDA as experimental. Early testing indicated that they may be effective at either curbing the rate of infection or the severity of the infection based on data supplied by the manufacturers. None of these claims have really been proven short or long term and neither has the safety of the vaccine been proven either.

They have not been Proven to perform as stated for 30 day, three months or 3 years. There is obviously data that suggests they will be effective and safe but not all researchers agree with the data or the methods used to collect that data. Only time will tell which side of the debate is most correct. In the meantime, each one of us has to consider the information that is available and decide if we want to participate in this experiment now or wait for more data. As experimental drugs, the manufacturers can not be held liable for any adverse effects that they may cause so we are on our own with our decision.

Now, IF and When, the FDA full approval is obtained, I can certainly see the probability for proof of vaccination being required to do certain things. But again, this is not something new. It has been that way for as long as I can remember.

But the way that many, if not most, of us believe that this virus has been politicized and the information manipulated to support an agenda, it is hard to analyze data that may or may not be factual to make an informed decision. But to claim that these vaccines have already been Proven is a joke!

Re: Shot Card - 03/19/21 11:59 PM

I read the science peer reviews,not the tinfoil hat wingnut crap.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Shot Card - 03/20/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960

Yes, I have been studying it. Thanks for posting......
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Shot Card - 03/20/21 10:54 AM

Tom

Ok....
© 2024 Trapperman Forums