Home

BLM acsess?

Posted By: Vinke

BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 09:52 PM

I recently purchased a bunch of different land that but up to AZ state and BLM lannd.
I know the AZ land laws but I am having a hard time figuring of the BLM laws.

Anyone have info?
Acsess?
Hunt/ trapping?
Off road vehicles/ on road ?
mining?
thanks
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 09:56 PM

Vinke, might start here:

https://www.blm.gov/arizona
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 09:58 PM

In Idaho most BLM where I played was leased to ranchers to graze cattle or sheep. We could do anything we wanted and just made sure to close their gates.

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 09:59 PM

Thanks did that but I get lost ...lol

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
In Idaho most BLM where I played was leased to ranchers to graze cattle or sheep. We could do anything we wanted and just made sure to close their gates.

How long ago was this?
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 10:18 PM

What type of info are you wanting to know?
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 10:18 PM

Same in NM.
Just there in nov an dec
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 10:24 PM

Access is generally open to the public for multi use, certain areas may have special rules based of how much use the piece of land gets.

Mostly open to hunting fishing and trapping however the state sets a lot of those laws and regs. High use areas like OHV uses areas tend to have some extra restrictions or popular spots for hiking close to towns or land features.

OHV on roads can be regulated by both BLM and the state so its best to check with the local office

Mining would need to be claimed for anything other then picking up something on the surface or metal detecting but not on someone else's mining claim again call and ask.

Find the nearest office and call or send an email
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Vinke
Thanks did that but I get lost ...lol

Yeah, they don't make it easy. Try here, bottom of page has all the specific subject links your after:

https://www.blm.gov/programs/recreation/recreation-activities/arizona
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vinke

How long ago was this?

Most places I trap are BLM land and out of respect for the ranchers I always close the gates unless the gates are already open and no cattle in that area.
Posted By: caldwellite

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/18/21 11:59 PM

Lots of changes to BLM land regs. Google Idaho BLM Curlew Habitat or North Idaho Ground Squirrel or Owyhee River Wilderness or ----------.
Posted By: adam m

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/19/21 12:22 AM

I assume BLM in Az is similar to NM. Here all vehicles have to stay on the road and you can only park on the shoulder. You can't even drive offroad to retrieve game. Also need a couple habitat stamps $9 total here for residents. Hunting trapping and fishing is allowed on BLM land here and it's considered public land. Lots of people use BLM land to target shoot so be careful. I've had ricocheted bullets fly past me during hunts and trapping. Shooters on BLM land have ruined a lot of hunts for me.
Some areas of BLM have pockets of private lands and reservation land, so make 100% you don't trespass.
Access is usually paved dirt roads and there might be a gate here and there.

If I recall Arizona is cage trapping in public land.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/19/21 02:00 AM

Is this blm the same as the blm that I'm aware of? B_____ Lives Matter
Posted By: K52

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/19/21 01:22 PM

Bureau of Land Management.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/19/21 02:07 PM

I believe trapping is banned on public(BLM) land since proposition 201 passed in 1994. It appears cages may be legal.

Last I looked, Big Game hunting was a lot of Drawing hunts.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: BLM acsess? - 03/19/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by K52
Bureau of Land Management.

Thank you!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums