Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 09:14 PM

Was doing much better before 2021.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 09:19 PM

I agree, I'm down 13.55%
Posted By: otterdog

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 10:31 PM

But at least we don’t have to read mean tweets from out President that hurt people’s feelings.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by otterdog
But at least we don’t have to read mean tweets from out President that hurt people’s feelings.

Yeah, that’s gotta be worth $20k. I feel better now, thanks.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 11:12 PM

Don’t know what your invested in but hard to figure you’d be down when the DOW is so high.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 11:15 PM

I’ve done pretty well so far in 2021.

The DJIA is up nearly 8%, the S&P 500 is up 4.5 %, Nasdaq is, however, down about 3%.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 11:18 PM

Cmon man! You mean incomprehensible babble doesn’t count?

Osky
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 11:30 PM

Up 2.2%

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper
Don’t know what your invested in but hard to figure you’d be down when the DOW is so high.

I experienced some slow grow before 2021. It pretty much came to a stop in January and has gone the other way steadily.
Posted By: keets

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 11:40 PM

up 8% as of tuesday
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/19/21 11:48 PM

Today was a bad day. Otherwise, it has been a normal year so far. I expect to average 12% every year. Some years much better, some much worse. I'm at just about 4% so far and we're only 2-1/2 months in. A lot can change. It could all be gone tomorrow. Never good to count your chickens too early but there's also no point in worrying about a hiccup in he market either.

In investing, slow and steady really does win the race.
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/20/21 12:00 AM

Im up over 12 percent and made some good money on individual stocks. Gas prices going up so are the oil prices good for Wyoming and other states that pump oil.
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/20/21 01:28 AM

Were yous guys using a professional money manager? Thats the only way i could see where you could be down that much.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/20/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by rpmartin
Were yous guys using a professional money manager? Thats the only way i could see where you could be down that much.

I got on etrade and it's been a nightmare in every aspect. I need to find another firm and move my accounts.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/20/21 01:42 AM

Mine is ok, I haven't a dime invested!! 😁
Wife thinks we should buy silver
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/20/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Yeah, that’s gotta be worth $20k. I feel better now, thanks.

wink
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/20/21 01:55 AM

I bought Biden friendly stocks after the election. Oil companies and bomb makers are always a sure bet when the Democrats are in power. I'm doing OK.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/20/21 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20

What will you do with silver. Look at the return on it in the last 50 years.
Posted By: WyFurHarvesters

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/21/21 04:52 PM

Silver and Gold both Look at what $100 in Gold or would have made you if you bought it 50 years ago vs investing it in a S&P 500 index fund. Rough calculation you could have bought under 3 oz of gold for $100 depending on how you bought it, at todays value the 3 ounces would be worth $1743 an ounce or $5229. The same $100 invested in the S&P 500 would be worth $15,400 reinvesting the dividends.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/21/21 05:44 PM

Adam, you may want to take a hard look at your investment strategy. Mines up 4.28% year to date. Mutual funds almost exclusively. I’m scared to screw with single stocks, too easy to lose a bunch of money with one wrong buy.
Posted By: white17

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/21/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by adam m

I got on etrade and it's been a nightmare in every aspect. I need to find another firm and move my accounts.

I have no relationship with Etrade and never have had, but I would be interested in hearing what has been so terrible about it. Just curious
Posted By: BanditBuster

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/21/21 06:25 PM

Mine is up over 30% YTD, mostly consisting of small cap oil exploration companies. Some of my midstream dividend stocks got hammered short term, but rebounded. Most of my portfolio is in real estate, so I mostly use my IRA to speculate in commodity producers.

Despite the poor historic returns I do dabble with precious metals. With the crazy expansion of the M2 money supply, shortage of above ground silver and the rising use of it in electric cars, I believe we'll see a significant price jump. That being said, it's more of a hedge against inflation rather than an investment.

Since we've had a 12 year bull market, I'm starting to stack cash for the crash in real estate prices.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/21/21 08:01 PM

I have a 401k with John Hancock. A Roth IRA with TD Ameritrade. Both are doing good. To early to tell what the growth will be with the new administration. The growth with the last administration was good.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/21/21 08:47 PM

Edward Jones is making me $$ for the last several years. Might need some advisement and pay someone who can roll the dice for you. I have a moderately based investment strategy which at my age has worked out well. You can take a hit on stock market investments only at times. Have to keep an eye on that investment all the time.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/21/21 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by WyFurHarvesters
Silver and Gold both Look at what $100 in Gold or would have made you if you bought it 50 years ago vs investing it in a S&P 500 index fund. Rough calculation you could have bought under 3 oz of gold for $100 depending on how you bought it, at todays value the 3 ounces would be worth $1743 an ounce or $5229. The same $100 invested in the S&P 500 would be worth $15,400 reinvesting the dividends.

Gold and silver aren't investments, they are insurance. When the US dollar loses its reserve status it will be a good thing to own.

The Dems are going to pump so much money into the money supply the markets won't have any choice but to go up.
Posted By: white17

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/21/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by WyFurHarvesters

Gold and silver aren't investments, they are insurance. When the US dollar loses its reserve status it will be a good thing to own.

The Dems are going to pump so much money into the money supply the markets won't have any choice but to go up.

I agree. The question is........what markets ??
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/22/21 01:21 AM

Our Wells Fargo accts are doing well.
Posted By: charles

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/22/21 02:17 AM

If you have lost money in the last year, where was you money invested? Just buy the index.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Man, My IRA - 03/22/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20

Hands on silver ,Paper silver is just paper in a crash
© 2024 Trapperman Forums