Home

Ford Bronco

Posted By: Wanna Be

Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 01:15 AM

Anyone have one of the new ones? Care to share any pros or cons?
Posted By: Snyde901

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 12:06 PM

Pros: Ford
Cons: First model issues
I think the only ones available right now are the smaller sport models, I've heard of a few recalls on them already. We reserved a full size wildtrak as soon as it opened up last July and were just recently able to finalize order a few weeks ago. It is supposed to be in June or July but I'll be surprised if they hit the deadline. I don't care to buy first models and something you can't see or drive but when it comes in and if you don't like it you're not obligated to purchase. The wife always wanted a Jeep wrangler and I refused due to past Mopar issues so when the bronco was announced I lost my argument. The dealer said if you don't have one reserved/ordered it will be a long wait and there are no incentives at all due to high demand.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 12:11 PM

I guess I'm just an old Bronco fan because the new ones look butt ugly to me. Loved my '86 full size.

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 12:19 PM

I like the full size ones don't care for the sports
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: topknot

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 12:50 PM

Hahaha He said that a pro was that its a ford!
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 01:02 PM

Sorriest built vehicles on the road, sure the bronco's will be the same. Not a fan of new vehicles of any brand though, sensor crazy and always something going out, days of shade tree mechanic's are over as well. Need a 30 grand computer to tell you which sensor is out, most small shops can't afford those, HELLO 200.00 a hour slow moving dealership shops to work on them.

Cool looking vehicle which is what sells vehicles, people like the way they look and never think of anything else. But after about 4 F 150's Ford is last on my list of brands id buy.

Im sure once they get the new plant opened in Mexico supply will increase.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 02:05 PM

Not even seen a new one on the road here.
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 02:25 PM

Ford: "You need a Bronco!"
Me: "Shut up and take my money!"
Posted By: keystone

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 02:33 PM

Pro: Ford Broncos are pretty cool!

Con: Ford donated 110million to BLM
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 02:43 PM

I haven't seen one on the road yet. But I wish Ford would make an exact (body wise) replica of the ones made up to 1977. I had a 74 and a 79 and an 86 bronco 2. The 74 was my favorite.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 02:45 PM

What would OJ want?

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by keystone

That was the Ford foundation not Ford motor co also they didn't take the bailout
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 04:00 PM

My neighbors wife is driving one. He is company man at ford so it's on the lease program he can get. It looks nice but I like the 4 door.

She seemed quite happy with it.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 05:29 PM

1992 Eddie Bauer Edition.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 06:07 PM

Might be waiting quite awhile on a new one boys and girls. Was on the news last night that ford can't get the chips for the computers in the vehicle.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 06:17 PM

Sorry only had a 74 and 69 and 83 and 86 (I think)
1 was a gutless wonder but 3 were great.
Posted By: jtg

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 06:34 PM

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ford-motors-funds-black-lives-matter/

Originally Posted by Snyde901

Originally Posted by keystone

That was the Ford foundation not Ford motor co also they didn't take the bailout
Posted By: Osky

Re: Ford Bronco - 03/20/21 07:19 PM

Pretty little red 79 FJ40 Land Cruiser sitting out here in the shop, I’ll stick to that.

Osky

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 12:11 PM

Got to test a few of these out, there capability is impressive. Nobody got stuck and we took them through some rough terrain through the woods, mud, and rock crawling. Attached a few pics, it was an awesome experience ford put together with gunstock resort.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
American flag on shifter
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Sorriest built vehicles on the road, sure the bronco's will be the same. Not a fan of new vehicles of any brand though, sensor crazy and always something going out, days of shade tree mechanic's are over as well. Need a 30 grand computer to tell you which sensor is out, most small shops can't afford those, HELLO 200.00 a hour slow moving dealership shops to work on them.

Cool looking vehicle which is what sells vehicles, people like the way they look and never think of anything else. But after about 4 F 150's Ford is last on my list of brands id buy.

Im sure once they get the new plant opened in Mexico supply will increase.

I have had nothing but good luck with my F-150's, my f-350 was junk. As for mechanics, If I take a truck to the dealer, it gets fixed today, If I take it to a shade tree mechanic, Well, I might forget what color it is by the time I get it back.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 12:30 PM

I test drove a sport model before the 4 doors were out around here. In less than 8 min I was taking it back to the lot. Visibility I found poor. The stylish humps on the hood blocked Visibility and the wide brace by my shoulder blocked the blind spot. Add in the short windows further limiting and it just was not for me.

I would love to check out a 4 door larger ones. I saw one a few weeks back with the doors and top off and it looked sharp.

I have new drivers so visibility is top priority. But I felt like I was in confined space in that sport model.

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 01:45 PM

I didnt care for the sport either, here is a side by side pic showing the size difference between the full size and sport.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: panaxman

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 01:58 PM

I have seen a couple around the Philly suburbs. Look nice but probably can't hang with Toyotas over time.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 02:46 PM

My brother just had to have 1.
First week, I think, it quit on him.
The dealer he got it from told him it would
he a month or so before they could get to it.
He called another dealer and they had it about a month
and kelp putting him off on when it would be fixed. He called the ford headquarters
and they got hold of the dealer he got.it from. Conference call with both
and the dealer didn't know he was on with them. He told them a bunch of
bull and then my brother spoke up and told the lady, now you see what I've been dealing
with. She got things going and he got it back and ain't had any more problem...yet

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 02:51 PM

Yeah maybe, maybe not but haven't seen Toyota putting American flags in their vehicles yet. smile
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 02:55 PM

I have driven several new vehicles in my life. Peterbilt, Mack, International, Freightliner, Pontiac, MOPAR, Ford, and Chevy. Everyone of them had issues. Have to decide what works for you. They are all just machines and machines WILL break. Can get a lemon no matter which one you buy. You buy a well bred pup sometimes it just wont hunt. All this Ford Chevy Dodge Toyota stuff is just hot air. Look at all of them and get the best fit for you. Whether its looks function or a combination it only has to satisfy one person.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Ford Bronco - 08/22/21 03:59 PM

Man what I wouldn't give to have my 1976 bronco back. And don't talk to me about the Mustang I sold in 1981 for $1200. oooh that hurts.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums