Home

10lbs in one week.

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 08:41 PM

Started fasting last Friday. Down 10. So far so good.
Posted By: Savell

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 09:03 PM

Congratulations
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 10:54 PM

Congratulations.

Savor the flavor it does slow down .

WS
Posted By: Boco

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 11:06 PM

You havent eaten in a week and you only lost 10lb?That doesnt seem like much,but just a guess.
Posted By: NorthenTrapper

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 11:08 PM

Can someone explain to me how this works?
Posted By: charles

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 11:08 PM

I get gastric sleeve surgery on 4/8. I am now on an 800 calorie-per-day diet for two weeks prior to my procedure. Everything is prepackaged. Not as bad as I expected. Hope to drop 75lbs. Today is my second day. Haven't weighed yet.
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by charles
I get gastric sleeve surgery on 4/8. I am now on an 800 calorie-per-day diet for two weeks prior to my procedure. Everything is prepackaged. Not as bad as I expected. Hope to drop 75lbs. Today is my second day. Haven't weighed yet.

I have a good buddy that was gonna do the sleeve. He had to drop X number of pounds beforehand. He did and figured out then that he could do it without the surgery. He's since down 150+ pounds in 3 years.
I work in a large facility.....over the years Ive known at least 20 folks that have had weight loss surgery. Of the dozen or so that are still alive,100 % have gained all their weight back plus some. Several have died from it.
Think long and hard on this decision!!

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by NorthenTrapper
Can someone explain to me how this works?

Each day I have an 8 hour window to eat. The other 16 hours without eating. No sugar and very little carbs. I use my sleep time as part of the 16 obviously. My time frame to eat is from 9:30 am to 5 pm. All day long I drink water, coffee, lemon water. No sugar drinks. I also take vitamins and fish oil since I'm not getting much for minerals because the low calorie diet. Talk to a Dr if you get serious about this first.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 11:23 PM

My wife has done well with intermittent fasting also. If I had any willpower, I'd do it and lose the 30lbs I need to drop
Congrats on your success

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/26/21 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by slydogx
My wife has done well with intermittent fasting also. If I had any willpower, I'd do it and lose the 30lbs I need to drop
Congrats on your success

First two days were tough. Did it on non work days. After that it's easy. Today I bumped my fast up to 17 hours.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 12:35 AM

Nice job stick with it, I'm down 70lbs in the last year.

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by gutthooked
Nice job stick with it, I'm down 70lbs in the last year.

Congrats. That's awesome! I'm going for 30 for now.
Posted By: cotton

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 01:36 AM

lost 10 here so far
thought quitting smokes was bad, this not eating like i am used to is BAD
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by cotton
lost 10 here so far
thought quitting smokes was bad, this not eating like i am used to is BAD

I hear ya , I've lost about 8 lbs in the last 10 days from not sticking so much garbage in my pie hole

It ain't easy though
Posted By: Savell

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 01:49 AM

... 5’9” and 150 lb for the past 22 years here men ... beer, meat and cheap snuff lol
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 01:54 AM

Ive fasted (no food only water or coffe) for three days numerous times and 5 days once
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 02:33 AM

Intermittent fasting was fairly easy for me to accomplish and got me to my target weight 3 years ago and have stayed there.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 02:43 AM

S&R, great job sir! I’m down 8 this week. I haven’t cut out eating, just what I eat, time I eat, and PORTION control, lol. And drinking water. Was getting bad headaches at first with no caffeine and very little sugar, but that was on my off day at the gym. My preworkout has caffeine so I decided no off day, lol!! I’m taking vitamins as well to make sure I keep what’s supposed to be ingested all there. And believe it or not, I’m increasing weights on my lifting and getting better times on the treadmill. Sometimes all the motivation needed is to see results. I’d like to lose about 18 more pounds and get back to the 100’s on my incline and then I’ll back off on the weights a little and just lift to maintain muscle tone. Up to 90 now for 3x10.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 02:53 AM

Way to go, I could prolly stand to loose 10
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
S&R, great job sir! I’m down 8 this week. I haven’t cut out eating, just what I eat, time I eat, and PORTION control, lol. And drinking water. Was getting bad headaches at first with no caffeine and very little sugar, but that was on my off day at the gym. My preworkout has caffeine so I decided no off day, lol!! I’m taking vitamins as well to make sure I keep what’s supposed to be ingested all there. And believe it or not, I’m increasing weights on my lifting and getting better times on the treadmill. Sometimes all the motivation needed is to see results. I’d like to lose about 18 more pounds and get back to the 100’s on my incline and then I’ll back off on the weights a little and just lift to maintain muscle tone. Up to 90 now for 3x10.

Drink 1/2 cup pure orange juice , 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter. It keeps you from getting headaches when dieting. Drink in morning and before bedtime, works like a charm.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by gutthooked
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Drink 1/2 cup pure orange juice , 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter. It keeps you from getting headaches when dieting. Drink in morning and before bedtime, works like a charm.

All mixed?
Posted By: McDTrapper

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 04:16 AM

I had the gastric sleeve over 6 years ago. I lost 106 pounds. I have kept 80 pounds off since then. The key is to exercise ( I do a lot of walking) and eat a lot of protein. I do know folks that have had the procedure and gained all of their weight back. It can happen moderation and exercise is key.
I really believed the procedure saved my life.
Good luck on your journey. If you need any other information, feel free to PM me.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: 10lbs in one week. - 03/27/21 05:56 AM

I had 3 hernias fixed cut from hip to hip lost 11 lbs in 5 days !!
No exercise or hardly moved just 8 steps from bed to bathroom lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums