Home

The Unmasked

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

The Unmasked - 03/28/21 10:48 AM

I’m seeing it more and more. A Game Warden came and issued me an offer tag. While he was masked he never said anything about me not wearing one, in fact the covid wasn’t mentioned at all.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 10:52 AM

Covid fatigue.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 10:55 AM

Was at the hardware store and a number of folks were unmasked there. A couple of them came in wearing but took them down when they saw others without.

Peaceful protest are awesome!!!
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 11:01 AM

My local napa had only one older gentelman customer wearing one. Parts store down the road employees had theres on but half heartedly and don't say a thing to me when I'm not.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 11:23 AM

Pretty much monkey see monkey do here

WS
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 11:40 AM

Went into bass pro Olathe a week or so back. Woman in a wheelchair was greeting people. Her greeting to me greeting was, "Mask?", spoken in a loud demanding tone. I just replied Howdy and kept going. Other service was just great.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 12:13 PM

I havnt worn one yet. They don't work and I dont mindlessly follow whatever the government tells me to do, most stores welcome me same as always and im always polite when challenged and if they don't want my business im okay with it, that's how a free country should be, i should have the right to not be forced to wear somthing and a store owner should have the right to not let me in if they see fit.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 12:18 PM

In job hunting to get closer to home. When I see mask required I bypass that place.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 12:24 PM

I haven't wore a mask yet, will not. I have quit shopping at a few stores though. The rest look the other way when they take my money.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 12:56 PM

Went in a Casey gas station the other day the sign on door said you must have a mask to enter almost nobody had one on.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 12:57 PM

I see fewer people wearing masks everywhere and we have a mandate in this state. My wife was in Walmart yesterday she said close to half the people were not wearing masks.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 01:06 PM

I watched earlier this morning where one of those investigating shows went in to a gym and filmed folks without masks and followed them to their cars asking about them not wearing one. I’m waiting for that to happen to me one day. I have bail money all saved up. lol
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Was at the hardware store and a number of folks were unmasked there. A couple of them came in wearing but took them down when they saw others without.

Peaceful protest are awesome!!!

Sheep.
Posted By: MJM

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 01:16 PM

I spent 9 hours at gun show yesterday with 1000's of people and I would say under 5% had a mask on.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 01:50 PM

Went to Arkansas and Missouri for vacation a week back, alot of people wearing mask but no one asked me to wear one except when we were touring a cave and they asked if the group would wear one while in the caves. But as soon as I made it back to Oklahoma the mask faded away and by the time I got back to my home town the mask were no where to be seen even the mask signs that were on the store windows were gone. Things changed in a week. Around here walmart don't even ask you to were one anymore, they still have a sign but no guard with mask any more. People are wanting to just get back to normal, if there will be a normal again.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 02:02 PM

Was driving through Missoula last month huge sign (banner is a better description) on the outside of a gas station said you must have mask on to enter. I went in without a mask, used the head and came out to look for some drinks and snacks for the road. Everyone in there had a mask on. Lady at the counter as I walk by says: "Sir I have a mask for you to wear since you don't have one." I replied "No thank you, I'll leave." and walked out. Drove an hour south to Hamilton, MT. Same sign outside of a gas station there and I went in for drinks and snacks. Except this time no one wearing masks, even the cashiers. I bought my merchandise and left happily.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 02:05 PM

A few of the folks you see with masks on are following their company policy. These companies will stop when “Team- - - I’m with Stupid” tells them they can.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 02:08 PM

The Mask is losing favor here signs are up but nothing said Now its the Get your shot yet rage
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 02:10 PM

My home town no one has worn one the whole time, if i work south of me in a liberal well known city EVERYONE is wearing them even if in the car by their self.

Results:

Hometown few case's of covid.

Masked up scared to death town: Covid case's through the roof all year.

Would of been nice IF they had worked, all of this mess would of gone away sometime last summer, since they don't work it's spread where it wanted as I said it would when it all started last spring.

Brother caught it even though he wore a N95 mask, still is wearing it, can't convince him mask don't work even after he caught it while wearing one, washing hands and distancing!

We're just a nation of sheep sadly.
Posted By: eric space

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 02:58 PM

Here in Jersey we can trap the first 2 weeks in March. In that time frame I was confronted by the police 4 times for the crime of walking out of the woods onto a county or township road and not being masked. Bear in mind I was by myself and until the cop drove up was not within hundreds of yards of another person. I only had to walk about 10 yards down the road to get to my truck. Did not receive a citation, just read the riot act.
Posted By: charles

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 04:10 PM

I wear mine every day. Only got one life to live. Why gamble it away when I know better? I don't wear it to make a political statement, nor would I take it off to please someone else. Fitting in is not on my safety list of common precautions.

Have yet to be impressed by anyone's choice not to follow health guidelines. It ain't about protesting or presenting an image, or Trump, or Biden. So far it has worked. My SIL didn't wear a mask and she and three of her friends all got Covid at the same time following a workshop they attended, maskless. Two were hospitalized, one died, and one spread it to her daughter and grandkids. Seems to be a pattern there.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by charles
I wear mine every day. Only got one life to live. Why gamble it away when I know better? I don't wear it to make a political statement, nor would I take it off to please someone else. Fitting in is not on my safety list of common precautions.

Have yet to be impressed by anyone's choice not to follow health guidelines. It ain't about protesting or presenting an image, or Trump, or Biden. So far it has worked. My SIL didn't wear a mask and she and three of her friends all got Covid at the same time following a workshop they attended, maskless. Two were hospitalized, one died, and one spread it to her daughter and grandkids. Seems to be a pattern there.

I hardly ever wore one. My kids wear one only in school. No where else. My wife does in the stores because she hates the stairs from conformists. So far no-one has gotten it in my house. What's the pattern?
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 04:18 PM

As some of your counterparts have vigorously pointed out several times, The Mask keeps you from spreading the world’s most deadly virus, not catching it.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 05:29 PM

Boy, if you are that concerned that you are gonna die from the china flu then you better just stay home. That mask isn't helping you.

I know many people that have had the china flu. Some that have some bad health issues. Every one of them came out of it just fine, very mild flu like symptoms at best and some that didn't even know they had it.

If the china flu was as bad as they say, people would put the mask on without being told.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

Boy, if you are that concerned that you are gonna die from the china flu then you better just stay home. That mask isn't helping you.

I know many people that have had the china flu. Some that have some bad health issues. Every one of them came out of it just fine, very mild flu like symptoms at best and some that didn't even know they had it.

If the china flu was as bad as they say, people would put the mask on without being told.

You can't argue with someone who watches main stream media and believes everything they are saying.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

Be grateful you haven't had family members die from it ,I have. You would probably be singing a different tune if you did. I also know people that have had mild symptoms and didn't die, thankfully
Posted By: Hunter 1

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 06:26 PM

Sorry folks, all good until you are sick to the point of dying and becoming a burden on your family. Then what? What is the alternative?

I too hate wearing this thing but I am doing so with the hope I don't get the virus and or pass it on to my family or friends... This is coming from someone who has already received the first dose of the vaccine and won't feel somewhat protected until the second dose is in... and there is still no certainty after the second dose.

I hope this never happens but If somehow I become infected and end up passing it on to my wife or children, I don't want to be the Dad who has to say: I knew all about it but decided not to wear a mask because I don't like it... I would have a really hard time dealing with this...

At the end of the day if wearing a mask can potentially protect my family against Covid, it is a very small price to pay. Just my opinion.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 08:54 PM

You touch yourself more when wearing a mask. That's not a good thing. Worked in the grocery business, remodeling occupied stores. Came into contact with all sorts of people. Never wore a mask, never took the flu shot, and never got the flu. I just simply washed my hands. No longer work in that business but follow the same rules for corona as I did for the flu.
Wear a mask and touch yourself if that's what you like. For me, I'll just wash my hands.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 08:59 PM

What gets me about the mask is there were no real guidelines on proper effective mask usage . Like changing mask hourly , or never touch your mask with your hands . If you must touch your mask wash your hands before touching somthing another person might touch . If the mask were truly to slow the curve so to speek there would have been a add campaign about propper usage

The way masks have been wore in most retail stores have done nothing but spread the desease IMO . If a mask is worn for several hours or All day it is a warm moist environment that protects and concentrates any contagion . Then acts like a swab depositing exhaled moisture and mucus on the mask wearers fingers to be transferred to every thing they touch leaving a trail of saliva and mucus behind them to be transferred to the next person that touches anything they touched .
Posted By: Yellowstone

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 09:10 PM

Go find me ONE MEDICAL study showing that even an n95 mask which I wear at work in the hospital can block this virus! You can’t! There are zero! Your cloth masks are doing nothing but have you breathe in your own bacteria unless you wash it every hour. It can’t stop anything. The normal little blue medical masks we wear in surgery are even unable to stop from breathing in the virus or exhaling it. Go look at the studies. Quit scolding and sitting on your high horse Charles.
Posted By: Posco

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
You can't argue with someone who watches main stream media and believes everything they are saying.

I've found it to be quite the opposite. You can argue all you want, what you can't do is reason with them.
Posted By: Boco

Re: The Unmasked - 03/28/21 09:21 PM

Its much the same with those that watch the wing nut conspiracy news outlets and believes everything they are saying.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Yellowstone
Go find me ONE MEDICAL study showing that even an n95 mask which I wear at work in the hospital can block this virus! You can’t! There are zero! Your cloth masks are doing nothing but have you breathe in your own bacteria unless you wash it every hour. It can’t stop anything. The normal little blue medical masks we wear in surgery are even unable to stop from breathing in the virus or exhaling it. Go look at the studies. Quit scolding and sitting on your high horse Charles.

^^^ This^^^, not many wear mask around here just as JTrap stated
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 04:54 AM

Is it bad if my phone screen makes my fingers smell like backbreaker? Maybe people should stop txting me while I’m running my line. I’m a self proclaimed sniffer...will a mask help or no?

Give up one the mask thing people! Move on!!
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 08:31 AM

How does on really know that someone passed away from Covid 19 ?? For quite a while and perhaps still, Many deaths were blamed on Covid, without autopsies, positive test results and so on.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 12:47 PM

This ^. Amazing to me that so many just blindly follow along without doing their own research. The scientific evidence actually shows that masks are more likely to do harm than good. A virus thrives in moist conditions...like under/in a mask. So much information out there now that there is no excuse for continuing to believe everything you hear on TV. This isnt about a virus and never was.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254

This ^. Amazing to me that so many just blindly follow along without doing their own research. The scientific evidence actually shows that masks are more likely to do harm than good. A virus thrives in moist conditions...like under/in a mask. So much information out there now that there is no excuse for continuing to believe everything you hear on TV. This isnt about a virus and never was.

Easy guys you can't expect people to waste time doing any actual research themselves
That's what the new is for don you know.
Some just need to be told what to do, say and think. They cannot longer do it on their own
Posted By: charles

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 02:15 PM

Maybe Lysol is the answer. I am not impressed with closed minded people who know better, but are influenced by uninformed, ill advised friends rather than medical professionals.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 02:26 PM

Raise your hand if you are trying to impress someone by not wearing a mask.
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 02:43 PM

If wearing a mask is so effective at stopping the spread, and bacteria/a virus could be present on or in your mask, or another’s, why aren’t these mask disposed of in a bio hazard/contaminated waste container? I’d bet that most are tossed into a regular old garbage can. How about recycling? All bottles of water/other containers that have had peoples lip on them that are contaminated headed to recycling centers.

I wear a mask at work cause I have too. When not at work, I don’t wear a mask. Call me whatever names you like, I will gladly smile and go about my day. The past year has been very enlightening.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 03:17 PM

Maybe Lysol is the answer. I am not impressed with closed minded people who know better, but are influenced by uninformed, ill advised friends rather than medical professionals.

Charlie boy, you just described yourself! lol
Posted By: Yellowstone

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 03:39 PM

Charles actually go talk to real physicians who treat patients not the ones on tv that don’t or have never treated a patient. I work with many every single day. They all say there is no masks that work. It’s too small of a virus. Especially the masks everyone wears. Cloth really? Neck gaiters? We all were wearing n95 masks and eye protection while during emergency surgeries on COVID patients. Guess what we pretty much all got it. Trust me I was scared to death of it when it all started and I took precautions to the extreme. I was made fun of by my doctors cause they knew dang well we cannot stop it with masks. Sorry this darn thing is running it’s course if we like it or not.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 03:49 PM

Why not use critical thinking and "common" sense.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 04:14 PM

Some people, for whatever reason, just like to scare theirselves. Its not about reason. Kinda like the people running around saying an executive order can change established law.
Posted By: hooftrimmer20

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254

Yep. We don't wear masks here. haven't the entire time. We all got a little sick at one point, got better and went on with life. Also send my 7 y/o to a private school that doesn't require masks or distancing, they haven't closed or had any issues whatsoever this entire school year. I'll gladly send them my hard earned money so she can have a normal school experience.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by hooftrimmer20
send my 7 y/o to a private school that doesn't require masks or distancing, they haven't closed or had any issues whatsoever this entire school year.

That’s impressive. lol
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 06:45 PM

All the places around here say "Mask required". It's posted on the door. However, some business have an addendum posted with it that states, "unless you have a medical condition that prohibits you from wearing one." I was amazed at all the sick people in that particular store, including me.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 07:54 PM

Here in my town there's probably 10-20% of people still wearing masks. There were more last summer when the fear and uncertainty were higher, but after a year of seeing worldwide that it makes absolutely no significant difference to covid, most people are over it.

The big businesses, of course, are just trying to cover their liability and PR butts. Home Depot has big signs at the doors saying masks required. Inside, no one cares, including the employees and managers. That's the case pretty much everywhere, with or without signs. I know of 2 businesses where the managers actually buy the fear and enforce masks. That's 2 out of a couple hundred.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 07:57 PM

Posted By: Hunter 1

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 08:08 PM

Yellowstone, I get what you are saying about the mask and associated medical studies.

However, I don't think wearing a mask was ever the only thing that would assist preventing the spread of the Virus. Social distancing, washing of hands...limiting large gathering of people, regular cleaning of possible contaminated surfaces are all steps that may prevent the spread of the virus. Interesting enough many businesses are already taking some of these steps and obviously it has worked to a point (based on comments posted) .

I am not a medical practionner and certainly don't claim to have advanced knowledge on the issue, however, medical staff who are risking their lives everyday and promoting preventive measures are certainly not making it up.

At some point I believe we have to trust those who have medical expertise on this.

I have been fortunate, I have not lost any family members or friends to this illness. However, those who have may have different views on preventive measures.

I don't think doing nothing about the potential spread of Covid is the answer. I see it as somewhat of a moral obligation to do something to help saving lives and it means following requirements imposed by local health dept, so be it. I understand some may have different views on this.

Re: The Unmasked - 03/29/21 10:38 PM

Sorry this darn thing is running it’s course if we like it or not.

Exactly. But why let a good crisis go to waste when there's power and profits to be gained??
© 2024 Trapperman Forums