Home

2020 Death Rate In US.

Posted By: T-Rex

2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 03:25 PM

I'm trying to research the impact of Covid on the overall death rate in the United States. The information out there is a little foggy due to time lag of death certificates, and census information.

What is known is that 2019 was pretty consistent with previous years. It was about 2.8 million deaths from all causes. That is 8 or 9 deaths per 1000 people.

The estimated deaths in 2020 is about 3.1 million. That is an increase of about 12% That does not take into account the increased total population, and increased age within that.

My guess is that when the final numbers come in it will be a lesser number, probably around a 10% increase. Compare that with the Spanish Flue in 1918 with an increase of total deaths of 47%. Sure, that included the WWI war deaths, 53,000 from war 63,000 from disease.
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 03:34 PM

Search CDC weekly excess deaths. Interactive chart where you can see by state or national. Very interesting. Where i go to form my own opinions.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 03:42 PM

lol
Posted By: charles

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 04:01 PM

Life expectancy dropped one full year.
Posted By: charles

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 04:02 PM

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 04:10 PM

It was pretty close to average. The fear mongering needs to end and normalcy needs to come back. There will be more people with depression and other issues if we stay anti social. If people don't feel safe, they have the option of staying home. Everything we need is pretty much delivered these days. The rest of us should move on and carry on as normal.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 04:13 PM

Here is an article that digs into it does some compare/contrast w/zSpanish flu 1918, etc lots of info.
The main point is this:

What really needs to be examined if one is to quantify the damage done by COVID-19 is “excess deaths,” which reflects the number of people dying before they were destined to die or preordained themselves to die thanks to bad life decisions. That’s not blaming them.

https://craigmedred.news/2021/02/24/pushing-fear/
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 04:25 PM

T-rex: I've been trying to push that the need is to look at the absolute number of deaths for the year since some time last summer and its hard to do. Yes, in recent years it has been about 2.8 million people, but as you stated, the population increases about a million a year in the USA. That's not much of a factor year-to-year but does make a difference over say a decade. That's why people like to use "per 100,000" to normalize the data so its comparable. Then we get into the semantics of "excessive deaths" and if a terminal cancer patient who would have probably died in Sept but covid got him/her in May, should covid get all the credit. I went around and around with one of my liberal colleagues that if the same terminal cancer patient got killed in a car accident earlier then dying from the cancer, does the car accident get all the credit? His answer was yes. So it goes around and around. Did covid kill more people than in 2020 than would have died that year, yes. Did it kill 500,000 more (or whatever the CNN count was as of Dec 31-- don't really see that anymore up in the right hand corner), no. People have already hardened their lines from "this is the worse thing since the 'Spanish' flu of a century ago" to "yeah, it was a problem and people died who shouldn't have" to "it wasn't a problem at all." Not many people are going to change their minds at this point, too much time invested in their choosing of a narrative.

The CCP and their outside funders should be fairly happy in how real-world testing of the bio-terror weapon worked. It pretty much appears that the CCP will get away with it without too much of a downside for them. Let's just hope that the white hats beat the black hats out of the gate next time around...
Posted By: KeithC

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 04:53 PM

The powers that be pretty much shut down the United States and rest of the World. The more interesting, but impossible to know figures, would be the number of deaths if everything stayed open verses the number of deaths with the shutdown.

Keith
Posted By: white marlin

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by charles

doesn't mean anything.

WHAT caused life expectancy to drop?

a correlation in time does not constitute a cause-and-effect relationship.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The powers that be pretty much shut down the United States and rest of the World. The more interesting, but impossible to know figures, would be the number of deaths if everything stayed open verses the number of deaths with the shutdown.

Keith

What's the survival rate? I believe it's around 99%. Shut down or open. 1% is 1%.

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by charles

WHAT caused life expectancy to drop?

Baby boomers that had it a little softer than the generation before but didn’t take care of themselves dying off.
Posted By: adam m

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 07:07 PM

I need to check on this stat but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 07:08 PM

I'd guess about the same as last year maybe slightly increased with the rise in population. Maybe about 0.35%? Do I get a cookie?

Charles, while you're researching in your spare time. In the next year I want you to watch the rate of communicable diseases that have been mostly eradicated in the United States and their trends. Things such as tuberculosis and malaria would be a good start. Throw in a little increase in HIV/Aids....some things that should worry you more than Covid as it terrorized you the last year. My little corner of the world has seen a recent uptick in tuberculosis....it didn't get here on its own.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 07:18 PM

I'd also like to see a comparison of the suicide rates; pre and post Covid.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 07:25 PM

If I was a moderate to heavy smoker or had a high BMI I'd be more concerned about that than Covid. Of course those are 2 things you can't blame on someone else.

Taking personal responsibility for your own health increases your life expectancy. Never been a guarantee and never will be one but we all have the opportunity to increase our odds.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 07:26 PM

Although covid has significantly added to the decrease in life expectancy in the US there are other significant factors as well.

Suicide and murder rates are up significantly as well as drug overdoses

Life expectancy in the US has been decreasing for a couple years.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by adam m

[Linked Image]

I had the flu back in June. I don't know if that counts as flu season per this stat, but the doctor that tested me said that he was going to test me for the flu and if it was negative, test me for covid. He said that everyone he tested that day was positive for the flu. I'm not sure how many people he tested, but I obviously ended up with the flu. It would be hard for me to believe that I was one of 1800 with the flu this year. I have only had the flu one other time around 12 years ago.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Although covid has significantly added to the decrease in life expectancy in the US there are other significant factors as well.

Suicide and murder rates are up significantly as well as drug overdoses

Life expectancy in the US has been decreasing for a couple years.

Wonder if Social Security will drop the full retirement age now? They raised it because people lived longer, they should drop it back a year now.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by fishnhunts
Originally Posted by adam m

[Linked Image]

I had the flu back in June. I don't know if that counts as flu season per this stat, but the doctor that tested me said that he was going to test me for the flu and if it was negative, test me for covid. He said that everyone he tested that day was positive for the flu. I'm not sure how many people he tested, but I obviously ended up with the flu. It would be hard for me to believe that I was one of 1800 with the flu this year. I have only had the flu one other time around 12 years ago.

Oddly enough, when I had my kid in for his 3 year appt this winter his doctor said she hadn't personally had a single patient this year come in with the flu. Makes perfect sense with all the masking, minimal travel, and social distancing etc, most transmissible ailments like that should be down. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/28/21 11:29 PM

I think the numbers have more to do with the lack of testing rather than influenza not being there. We’ve had a number of respiratory panels come back for other (corona viruses, rhino virus, etc.) they didn’t go poof with masks. The first half of the year if you had a fever you had Covid (presumed) I hate that word. I don’t think I saw an influenza test until December. Everyone was Covid.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by ScottW
Oddly enough, when I had my kid in for his 3 year appt this winter his doctor said she hadn't personally had a single patient this year come in with the flu. Makes perfect sense with all the masking, minimal travel, and social distancing etc, most transmissible ailments like that should be down. Happy trapping! ScottW

Ok. 38 million to 1,822 makes perfect sense?

I am at a loss for words.

Sure seems legit. whistle

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 02:34 AM

I'm not saying the 1800 to 38M seems legit by any means. Considering the source, they likely used whatever source they could to make it look as ridiculous as possible. Just stating what our doctor told me, which led to me declining the flu shot for this season for him. On the other hand, I have a former coworker who last spring was sure they had covid but turned out it was just the flu.

I know ZERO people who have had so much as a cold this winter, let alone anyone else who's had "the flu".....which varies greatly from strain to strain and person to person of course. I read somewhere that it usually starts in the southern hemispheres winter and works it's way north for our winter. Next to no travel.....very little flu transmission. It should start to kick up with folks loosening up here for a couple months before summer I would think.

Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: yukon254

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 03:12 AM

Here's what happened to the flu.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210213014002/https://www.globalresearch.ca/clinical-lab-scientist-covid-19-fake-wake-up-america/5737013

Anyone besides me ever wonder why this deadly virus ( according to the MSM) that they remind us of 24/7 isnt killing the homeless by the thousands? If its anywhere near as contagious as they tell us it should be...but its not. That should tell anyone with an IQ of 5 all they need to know.

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 03:21 AM

No matter the persuasion of the network, they pretty much all do the same thing.....cherry pick statistics to make a story dramatic and eye popping. Some more and less than others, hence why I try to get pieces of information from all different sources. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: bblwi

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 03:25 AM

People avoid the homeless and most are outside, that may give them an edge and most are not in the higher age brackets either and many are in warmer climates where the viruses spread less too.

Bryce
Posted By: Marty

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 03:31 AM

covid cured the flu and death from old age..... smile

Watched maskers walk around an OUTDOOR nursery buying plants today. 95% of the country are sheep, it is very disconcerting.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
covid cured the flu and death from old age..... smile

Watched maskers walk around an OUTDOOR nursery buying plants today. 95% of the country are sheep, it is very disconcerting.

95% is a good number. Its gone on so long now that the sheep have been trained. Its never going back to normal ever again. The sad fact is that most people, ( your 95% ) have totally lost the ability to think for themselves. I run into people every day that are so proud to tell you they got the vaccine. They still think it keeps them from getting or spreading the virus, which is obviously not true. They will argue about it too, so I dont even bother telling them anymore. IMO the American Frontline Doctors Alliance, has the best information on everything covid there is out there. They are doctors. Medical doctors. They have the same concerns about the vaccines, masks, lockdowns that a few of us on here do. They will also help you get the proper medications in the event you get covid too. Worth a look at their website. If you are one of the 95% it might enlighten you, but Im not holding my breath.
Posted By: hippie

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by ScottW
I'm not saying the 1800 to 38M seems legit by any means. Considering the source, they likely used whatever source they could to make it look as ridiculous as possible. Just stating what our doctor told me, which led to me declining the flu shot for this season for him. On the other hand, I have a former coworker who last spring was sure they had covid but turned out it was just the flu.

I know ZERO people who have had so much as a cold this winter, let alone anyone else who's had "the flu".....which varies greatly from strain to strain and person to person of course. I read somewhere that it usually starts in the southern hemispheres winter and works it's way north for our winter. Next to no travel.....very little flu transmission. It should start to kick up with folks loosening up here for a couple months before summer I would think.

Happy trapping! ScottW

Have you wondered why, when the flu, colds and covid are transmitted the same way that covid is the only virus being reported?

(Covid had no trouble traveling)

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 03:58 AM

I have wondered that and attributed it to the effective transmissibility of covid vs typical flu. Might be wrong, but the logic makes sense considering the supposed high transmissibility factor. . Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: walleye101

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 12:31 PM

Given everyone's attention to virtue signaling (the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue), how do they ever go back to not wearing a mask, now that we know it can prevent flu deaths?
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254

https://web.archive.org/web/20210213014002/https://www.globalresearch.ca/clinical-lab-scientist-covid-19-fake-wake-up-america/5737013

Anyone besides me ever wonder why this deadly virus ( according to the MSM) that they remind us of 24/7 isnt killing the homeless by the thousands? If its anywhere near as contagious as they tell us it should be...but its not. That should tell anyone with an IQ of 5 all they need to know.

I was waiting on the hazmat teams with big loaders to go around picking up bodies to be buried in mass graves but it never happened. Yes people died but all I know of had preexisting conditions. We don't live forever.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Farmer
Originally Posted by yukon254

I was waiting on the hazmat teams with big loaders to go around picking up bodies to be buried in mass graves but it never happened. Yes people died but all I know of had preexisting conditions. We don't live forever.

Both of these post are the truth. Best thing we could do for this country would be to blow up all the TV's!

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/29/21 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Best thing we could do for this country would be to blow up all the TV's!

Couldn’t we achieve that blowing up the stations?
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: 2020 Death Rate In US. - 03/30/21 02:19 PM

We been had.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums