Home

Hey Photographers out there!

Posted By: MySide 🦝

Hey Photographers out there! - 03/28/21 08:59 PM

I'm interested in your gear! Whats your go-to camera body and lens?

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/28/21 09:00 PM

I'm a Canon shooter myself....
Posted By: Boco

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/28/21 09:23 PM

My first trapline camera was an Olympus I think.
It went for a swim with me one day underwater and crapped out.
My next one was a waterproof fuji-still use it.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/28/21 09:49 PM

canon here too
Posted By: Oreamnos

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/28/21 09:50 PM

Cannon 60D
10-22 mm
70-300 mm
50 mm

Nothing fancy but it works.
I'd like to get a macro lens
Posted By: Tray

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/28/21 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by MySide 🦝

What’s your photography goal?
I use a Nikon D500 and sigma 150-600mm for wildlife photography where a big lens is needed to reach out, but this is not a setup that a guy will carry around for general picture taking way to big and heavy.

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tray

I use a Nikon D500 and sigma 150-600mm for wildlife photography where a big lens is needed to reach out, but this is not a setup that a guy will carry around for general picture taking way to big and heavy.

I was really just interested in your setup is all. laugh
Posted By: Bushmaster

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 12:39 AM

Canon EOS Rebel T2i.....mostly use a 75-300 mm zoom.

Takes pics like this moose...

[Linked Image]

Lately I've been sending a few pics in to the local weekly newspaper and she usually prints them.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 02:31 AM

I have the Canon T3i. I love it.

My niece has the T4i. Takes better pics than mine.

My sister has the T5i. That thing is incredible.

I have a smaller lens 15-50 or something like that. Then I got the 75-300. I've taken some great shots of the moon with it.

I like the Canon T series because they have a setting on them that for every pic you take it creates 2 files. One is a standard Jpeg/Jpg file. The other is a Canon type file. Much higher resolution. The jpg might have a file size of 6-7 mb or even smaller.
The canon file gets up into the 20 - 40 mb size. Great for printing out photos.
Posted By: asinner

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 02:33 AM

Canon 1 dx mark III, 5D mark IV, Canon 16-35, 24-105, 100 macro, 70-200, 200-400, 600II. Kinda like traps you never have enough!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 03:40 AM

Canon user
2 60D
1 60D full spectrum modified
50mm
60mm macro
10-18
17-55
15-85
28-135
28-200
70-300

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by asinner
Canon 1 dx mark III, 5D mark IV, Canon 16-35, 24-105, 100 macro, 70-200, 200-400, 600II. Kinda like traps you never have enough!! [Linked Image]

Nice! Yeah I know what you mean!
I've been using the Canon T3i for the past couple years, now I'm going mirrorless and getting an M50.
Dang! You got the 1DX Mark III?!? That things a beast! What made you stick with DSLRs? Just didn't want to go through the pain of adapting the glass you already have?
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 04:52 PM

I'm a Canon shooter myself....

X2 here my current is a 7D because I used to use one at work and just stuck with what I knew when I upgraded from the 2I I was using

Lenses are whatever I have managed to collect over the years, heck I still have some of the old screw mount from years ago I still use, but my main lens is a sigma 50/500
Posted By: Tray

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 10:22 PM

Great picture
Posted By: waggler

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 10:55 PM

Does anybody still use 35mm film cameras?

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 11:14 PM

Well we could spend hours debating DSLRs vs others, but I am a professional photographer as well so I would have to spend a significant amount of money to change out my system never mind the learning curve that would begin from there. Add to that I am 62 so nearing the end of my career. DSLRs have better waterproofing, weather protection, battery life, and in my experience they capture moving subjects better. Mirrorless cameras are going to continue to get better as time goes on. My opinion at this time is why fix something that isn't broken. I may someday upgrade to mirrorless and learn how to use them, but I may leave that to my retirement years. The canon 1DX is a beast, it drives my truck and fixes my breakfast its such a smart camera. The M50 I hear is a great entry level camera. Those I know that have purchased it have been very happy with it.
Thanks My Side [Linked Image]

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 11:18 PM

Hey My Side, keep me posted on how you like your camera and send me pics from Canada.
Alan
Posted By: River Birch

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 11:42 PM

Went with the Nikon D3400 DSLR been very happy with it... some birds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 11:54 PM

Thank you Tray for the compliment! [Linked Image]
Posted By: River Birch

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/29/21 11:56 PM

a few other randoms....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/30/21 12:03 AM

[Linked Image]

i phone 11...... lol
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/30/21 12:15 AM

sony A57 no issues bought it mainly because the lens from my old nikon 35mm fit on it generally use 75x300 outdoors and 15x35 indoors
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/30/21 12:17 AM

Good stuff!
Posted By: Squaretimber

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/30/21 12:41 AM

[/quote]

I think that this is excellent wildlife setup

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/30/21 12:06 PM

Hey My Side, keep me posted on how you like your camera and send me pics from Canada.
Alan

Will do!
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/30/21 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
[Linked Image]

i phone 11...... lol

My galaxy s20 films in 8k and has 30x zoom...

the cameras in these phones are getting ridiculous.

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/30/21 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hutchy
Originally Posted by Nessmuck
[Linked Image]

i phone 11...... lol

My galaxy s20 films in 8k and has 30x zoom...

the cameras in these phones are getting ridiculous.

Yeah phone cameras these days are incredible.
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/30/21 11:58 PM

Nikons, too many lenses to list, pay more for lenses, good glass is what makes the difference.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/31/21 12:18 AM

Alright so heres a couple quick pics I shot with my new M50 and the kit 15-45 lens. I quickly ran them through Affinity with some basic edits.
Not the best pics BY FAR, but I think they are half decent for my first with the camera. They could have used some levelling/straightening for sure.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/31/21 12:43 AM

[Linked Image]

Another i Phone 11......
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/31/21 01:41 AM

Myside I need to see what I been using for a work camera. It's a digital, not crazy high priced, shock proof, water proof to 3M (what ever a dam meter is) and best of all it is yellow so I can find it when I drop it off a roof or scaffold LOL

I'm fishin this week but next time I am in the office I will check it out

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/31/21 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Myside I need to see what I been using for a work camera. It's a digital, not crazy high priced, shock proof, water proof to 3M (what ever a dam meter is) and best of all it is yellow so I can find it when I drop it off a roof or scaffold LOL

I'm fishin this week but next time I am in the office I will check it out

LOL
Sounds good! Have fun fishing'!
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/31/21 11:47 AM

Augh the old days where a click of the shutter cost you 45 cents and a month to wait to see your results.
Photographers were refined quick in those days with composition
or a few adjustments in the dark room was necessary.
Myside you should review some of Jonathans writings in the archives, especially water marking the results before posting.

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/31/21 08:24 PM

Enjoy your new camera My Side, its always a good idea to fine tune your focus it will make life a lot easier. I watched a couple of [Linked Image]
your videos today, great job lots of enthusiasm, the unpacking with the cat was classic! It looks like you might want to do videos/media for a career and if that's the case, go for it. I've made my living in photography for 40 years with little regret and video is probably the future in this industry. Find a good school, pay attention and don't look back. When you get famous, Cattrax and I will be actors in your videos. We look a lot like Brad Pitt and Josh Lucas only different!!

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/31/21 10:56 PM

Enjoy your new camera My Side, its always a good idea to fine tune your focus it will make life a lot easier. I watched a couple of [Linked Image]
your videos today, great job lots of enthusiasm, the unpacking with the cat was classic! It looks like you might want to do videos/media for a career and if that's the case, go for it. I've made my living in photography for 40 years with little regret and video is probably the future in this industry. Find a good school, pay attention and don't look back. When you get famous, Cattrax and I will be actors in your videos. We look a lot like Brad Pitt and Josh Lucas only different!!

Wow! Thanks for everything you said!
Your right, I do want to make video/media my job. And with people like you that inspire me, I believe I will.

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 03/31/21 11:49 PM

Some more pics I took t'day with the M50!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 04/01/21 12:39 AM

Good luck with your dreams, you will have to work at it hard, photography is hard, but video may be a little easier, need to hook with some people to video stuff to get your name out, and you never know where you could end up, there's guys on the sporting channels that started videoing for people and turned it into big time people wanting to have them video for them.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Hey Photographers out there! - 04/01/21 02:38 AM

Too bad Wilson Jr is taken. Paul could make you Wilson" In training"

keep at it, some people have the knack of the "Angle of the Dangle" in their skills.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums